It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Legged lamb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...

This lamb from New Zealand was born with 7 legs. They believe it was caused by some error during embryo formation which happens once in every few million lambs. This one also had many other medical problems, so they decided to put him down.

[edit on 8/5/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The lamb was also born a hermaphrodite, if I'm not mistaken.

What reasons did they have to put it down? Would it not have survived if they hadn't?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothling
What reasons did they have to put it down? Would it not have survived if they hadn't?

He said the lamb was also hermaphrodite and missing a portion of its bowel so was unable to pass faeces and would have to be destroyed.

(emphasis mine)

That was the problem, you won't make it far if you can't evacuate waste products. I don't think it could have survived without a working bowel. It seems kind of harsh to use the word destroy though.

[edit on 8/6/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you could breed those you'd make a fortune

Im very partial to leg of lamb with mint sauce !

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Originally posted by mothling

He said the lamb was also hermaphrodite and missing a portion of its bowel so was unable to pass faeces and would have to be destroyed.

(emphasis mine)

That was the problem, you won't make it far if you can't evacuate waste products. I don't think it could have survived without a working bowel. It seems kind of harsh to use the word destroy though.

[edit on 8/6/07 by AcesInTheHole]

Exactly what I was thinking.

"would have to be destroyed"

Poor thing... =|

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Damn thats one fantastic anomaly! It easily Puts Spiderpig to shame =] (horribly untasteful joke i know)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Spider lamb, spider lamb. does whatever a spiderlamb does.... sorrryy!!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veenous
Damn thats one fantastic anomaly! It easily Puts Spiderpig to shame =] (horribly untasteful joke i know)

Oh you beat me to it! it was a terrible joke.. im ashamed. Poor animal. Lucky farmer.. him, his wife and all the kids had a leg of lamb each!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's sad that they had to put it down (although it was the right thing to do because of the medical issues)... but I think it's really fascinating that 5 of the legs were functional. Ooo!

top topics

join