It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi Forced to Admit It's Bottling Tap Water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The soft drink giant Pepsi has been forced to make an embarrassing admission: Its bestselling Aquafina bottled water is nothing more than tap water. Last week, Pepsi agreed to change the labels of Aquafina to indicate the water comes from a public water source. Pepsi agreed to change its label under pressure from the advocacy group Corporate Accountability International, which has been leading an increasingly successful campaign against bottled water.

Full Story:
www.alternet.org...

Do these people have no shame?

Selling tap water from a public source - surely there must be a law against this.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My Opinion

Common people it's not like nobody knew this.

If it doesnt say it's Natural Spring Water it's from a public source.

Anyway getting water from the local utility is much safer than drinking

bottled springwater.

but hey this is all just my opinion

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Water from local utilities are mostly loaded with dangerous chemicals and really should not be consumed. In addition to fluoride (a hazardous material), water supplies also contain chlorine, arsenic, and a plethera of prescription drugs.

The bottled water issue also involves the "truth in labeling" issue. Most companies in the food industry have resisted placing their ingredients on the labels because they know the ingredients contain dangerous chemicals.

Additionally, the plastic containers contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a carcinogenic chemical that often leaches into the beverage itself. There is so much that is hidden from the public and this admission is only the tip of the iceberg. People need to be VERY aware of everything they consume and the containers they're stored in.

Here's a good article that explains all of this in great detail:

Pepsi admits Aquafina comes from tap water

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I thought everyone already knew that it was bottled tap water? In fact, Most of the major brands of bottled water out there are from public municipalities.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I also thought everyone already knew this. I've heard this for years. I drink both Aquafina and Dasini bottled water all the time knowing it's filtered tap water. The reason is I have a well with seriously crappy water.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have taken to drinking distilled water to avoid the chlorine and fluorine in my city's water. There is evidence that drinking chlorine treated water can lead to the thyroid gland having iodine displaced, causing a potential iodine deficiency and possible health risks associated by the lower iodine levels in the thyroid and upsetting the autoimmune system.

This stuff never used to concern me, I must be getting old.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
No surprise to me on this. I prefer to drink water that has gone through the Reverse Osmosis process. I do not know how people can drink city water full of chlorine...Yuk!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Most people in the know are aware that when you buy bottled water, you are buying nothing more than water that is disinfected with tasteless and odorless ozone rather than chlorine. The problem is that most people are not in the know and they have been lead to believe by water sellers that when they buy bottled water, they are buying water that is somehow more pure than tap water.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I actually perefer the taste of city water. I find the bottled stuff flat and completely void any taste including minerals. Just because its water doesnt mean its suppose to be absent of flavor.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Dasani is tap water too. Is this seriously news to people? It's just filtered tap water, on the bottle label it has always stated that it's filtered, and has never claimed to be from a spring source, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Dasani/Coca Cola had to admit the same as well, even though it's not exactly anything new.

It still tastes alot better than the hard water crap that comes out of the tap back home in So.Cal.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My Opinion

Well it is true that the long lasting effects of chlorine in the water system is

untested but think about it, how about drinking untreated water all the time,

theres fecal choliforms, turbidity and pathogens in untreated water.

Not every water treatment facility uses Flouride in their water and Flouride in

such small amounts has minimal effects to people, and with flouride peoples

teeth keep looking good and stay hard.

People who drink bottled waters teeh are more prone to breaking due to

there being no flouride at all in the water.

Yes the containers of bottles water do contain the chemical your talking

about but without that chemical in the bottles mold would be more prone to

growing inside the bottle.

Municpal Water systems produce clean water which is well regulated and if

someone claims they can tatse the chlorine in their water it is easily

remedied by buying a water filtre.

Thats all for now have a great day

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's a sad day for health food junkies.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
Not every water treatment facility uses Flouride in their water and Flouride in such small amounts has minimal effects to people, and with flouride peoples teeth keep looking good and stay hard.

The whole concept of fluoride in the water for the health of the teeth is nothing but a scam. Fluoride is a toxic substance that has to be handled by the EPA.

The fluoridation of public water is something that has been highly debated for decades -- and yet the practice continues today, despite the growing body of evidence showing that fluoridation causes untold human suffering and disease. Some of the research presented at the conference showed, for example, that fluoridation damages the brain, increases levels of lead in children's blood and therefore leads to behavioral disorders and brain damage. It also showed that humans are accumulating fluoride in their bones, that fluoride's toxicity is systemic in the human body, and that the current safe drinking water standards for fluoride were fraudulently authored by officials at the Environmental Protection Agency who were pressured.

Source: Fluoride conference reveals fraudulent science behind mass fluoridation; fluoride policy is a public fraud

More articles on the dangers of fluoride:
www.newstarget.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have taken to drinking distilled water to avoid the chlorine and fluorine in my city's water. There is evidence that drinking chlorine treated water can lead to the thyroid gland having iodine displaced, causing a potential iodine deficiency and possible health risks associated by the lower iodine levels in the thyroid and upsetting the autoimmune system.

distilled water is bad for you too! distilled water absorbs chemicals way faster than normal water, pulls nutrients out of your body and when using it to boil foods it strips all the nutrient value out of the food. it also lacks the trace elements (such as magnesium) your body needs to function that it normal gets from water.

link

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Everyone come to Aruba. We have the best and purest tap water in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My Opinion

Flouride's not a scam, sure it may have some side effects but hey I like eating steak and would prefer not eating mush in my later years.

But thats just my opinion and I dont know everything

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
I also thought everyone already knew this. I've heard this for years. I drink both Aquafina and Dasini bottled water all the time knowing it's filtered tap water. The reason is I have a well with seriously crappy water.

Same here. Although city water has recently been piped in as of last summer, we haven't dropped down the cash yet to get it hooked into the house. In the mean time, we have well water which tastes horrible. We drop probably $50 a month on bottled water.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
bokinsmowl,

That's why I take food based mineral supplements and several other herbal supplements to compensate for the potential vitamin and mineral lose. I'm 48 yrs. old and in excellent health, take no medications for anything and use a nutritional approach to all my ailments. My doctor gives me a clean bill of health every year.
Everybody is entitled to do to their bodies whatever they want. I have found that supplemtation and good living and good eating habits beat all other approaches to living that I have tried.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know a lot of folks who buy the bottled water just for the bottle itself. once they run out, they refill it with tap water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join