It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying saucers go into production.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Flying saucers go into production.

news.sky.com

A flying saucer that glides three metres off the ground and carries two passengers has gone into commerical production.
US company Moller International has begun to manufacture parts for its Jetsons-like personal flying pod, the M200G Volantor.

The M200G is the size of a small car and is designed to take off and land vertically.

Company founder Dr Moller calls the craft "the ultimate off-road vehicle" as it is able to travel over any surface.
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
These look pretty cool, the ultimate "boys toys".

I'm not sure how they will fair with the public, but i think they have a lot of promise for rescue services.

Could we see these in the parking bays of the ATS HQ, along with personal number plates on....

Simon 1
Springer 1
SO 1

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well thats certainly going to bring UFO hoaxes to a new level.

Out of couriosity, why is there a massive construction crane in the background of the test flight?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Out of couriosity, why is there a massive construction crane in the background of the test flight?

There was a cable attached to the craft. I think it was used for safety reasons.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I saw pics of the prototypes being tested some time back. The crane was for a safety line so that, in the event of mishap, they didnt come to earth too fast.

I doubt they'll be selling them with a safety crane unless it's an optional extra.

Now that should increase buyer confidence methinks

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If the thing was safe enough and had they done suffienct testing there is no reason on earth they would need a crane to tether it too. I would not buy one in a million years just garbage. The Canadian aero car built years ago could do what this thing is doing nothing new invention wise and it flew without a tether.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Two questions. Will you need to have a pilot's licence for this and how is it fuled? Oil based or electric? Oh and here's the biggie, is this an attempt at preparing Humanity for disclosure? Makes you think eh? Show everyone a man made flying saucer, everyone gets used to that and then WHAM the big tollmolley, we get a real UFO? Just something to think about....

top topics

join