It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: A Much Needed Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
PODcast:

A Much Needed Rant

A harmless rant on personal space being invaded in the grocery store.

length: 05:28
file: btstpod_2485.mp3
size: 5119k
feed: btst

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You coulda just asked her to move herself off of your neck. I guess I should ask though, were you wearing that Axe Gel stuff? If so, then maybe there's more to the commercials than I gave them credit for...

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hadn't even showered!

Problem with asking her to move, I just felt it would come across as extremely rude. From their perception, they are not even doing anything. So I don't want to be the person that goes off on people because of their own pet peaves.

I thought I was doing the right thing by trying to walk away, but this lady was a blood hound.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Chissler I have to relate to you because I too have a "bubble" of personal space that I hate being violated(thats why I avoid the mall, and Wal-mart).Think going to the store every 2 weeks is bad. Try every day.Yes every day I walk to the store 3 miles to get my personal space invaded.People hovering behind me at the ATM, blocking my way from A to B, walking too slow and I can't get past.Yes there are Sunday drivers with shopping carts.When I go shopping I wanna get what I need and get out.Not admire the scenery in the produce dept.
Now your story creeps me out.Sounds a bit stalkerish to me.She followed you around the corner? I think you did the right thing by walking away.Depending on my mood I may have said"Excuse me but can I help you or something?"I can be direct at times.

Good podcast, and I like the music.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Maybe I'm a bit vocal.

I simply say, "move".

Generally, people do.

Meh,
Lex

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Generally, I like to carry myself with a bit of respect and courtesy for other people. My personal pet peaves are simply not enough for me to "call out" another human being in a grocery store. This was a lady that was most certainly unaware of what she was doing. It was quite odd the way it all transpired, but I still would never have turned and confronted her on this.

I'm not the type of person to stray from confrontation, but I am the type of person that maintains a level of etiquette while out in public.

Had I turned to her and said "Move!", I may have got the result that I was looking for. But I can say, without a doubt, that I would of had much less sleep that night. The minor frustration that I had subsided over the day. Had I confronted the lady, I probably would of been ashamed of myself.

Clearly the two of us were cut from a different stone.

Can't say I'm too upset with the one I came from.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm glad that you can do that, because I'm unable to. To be breathing down my neck means only one thing; they WANT to be doing that. They know darned good and well that that's annoying to you, but they just don't care.

Honestly, I'd just turn around and ask her, politely of course, to scoot her little self back, and to wait her turn. If she gets all anal, then you have a recourse/reason to get angry. I just think that far too many people get away with far too much stuff because they're never called to task on it.

Now, as you can tell, I'm not a PC person. I'm not going to tell someone the sugar-coated anything; I'm going to be cold and direct. Why you ask? Because it works. In this high-speed world, I don't have time for stupidity, and even less time for blatant rudeness. If someone can't act civilized in public, and respect the rights of others, such as that of personal space, then they need to be "reminded" of that right.

In other words, I'll be more than happy to reacquaint anyone with their own personal space, should they infringe on mine...

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by chissler

Generally, I like to carry myself with a bit of respect and courtesy for other people.

As do I.
Until my "space" or common sense is violated.

My personal pet peaves are simply not enough for me to "call out" another human being in a grocery store.

Mine are.

This was a lady that was most certainly unaware of what she was doing.

Then enlighten the poor soul !

I'm not the type of person to stray from confrontation, but I am the type of person that maintains a level of etiquette while out in public.

Same here. Except when others are incredibly rude or inanely
ignorant.

Had I turned to her and said "Move!", I may have got the result that I was looking for. But I can say, without a doubt, that I would of had much less sleep that night.

Yet, doing nothing bothered you enough to make this post.
Admit it.

Clearly the two of us were cut from a different stone.

Can't say I'm too upset with the one I came from.

If this is a jab at me, I accept it with a smile.
And promptly return the jab.

We could discuss morals and ethics for days, I think.
Each of us parrying the others retorts with our own
logic.

In the end, I'm not a doormat.
I'm the door.

And, yes. I am quite egocentric.

Regards,
Lex

Edit to add : Most of the time, spoken words aren't
required. A well aimed glance gets my point across.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Lexion]

new topics

top topics

join