It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Masonic Ceremonies! Masonry: Behind Closed Doors

page: 2
1
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   


Masonic Light

Personally, I do not believe in any new world order philosophies. Freemasonry attempts to unite people, not religions. A Mason's personal religious beliefs are between him and God, and are not really any of his fraternity's business.


Forgive me for my tardiness. Masonic Light's description of things are all well and good, but it is undeniable that there is a war against fundamentalist religions. Why?

OK... Think unity.... but what then? There are many old tales, including ones in the Bible , which state that these unities within government lead to tyranny, and since tyranny is bad, we should stay away from that.

What do freemasons think of Ron Paul (show me your conservitism)...





[edit on 9-8-2007 by Colloneh7]




posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7


Forgive me for my tardiness. Masonic Light's description of things are all well and good, but it is undeniable that there is a war against fundamentalist religions. Why?


I think fundamentalism itself contains the germ of war, because fundamentalists tend to view those who disagree with them as enemies. This ideology obviously conflicts with the idea of freedom, which recognizes the right of people to disagree with each other.



OK... Think unity.... but what then? There are many old tales, including ones in the Bible , which state that these unities within government lead to tyranny, and since tyranny is bad, we should stay away from that.


I'm not sure what you mean about "unities within government". Could you elaborate?



What do freemasons think of Ron Paul (show me your conservitism)...


I'm not a conservative, so I cannot support Ron Paul (or any other Republican) for president. He seems like a nice enough guy personally, but like the other Republicans and Libertarians, he has way too much faith in the non-existent "virtues" of unfettered capitalism.



posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Aren't you a lost cause....


EDIT: I'll tell you what, contrarian troll........

Why don't you state why you are here at THIS website??????

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Colloneh7]



posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7
Aren't you a lost cause....


EDIT: I'll tell you what, contrarian troll........

Why don't you state why you are here at THIS website??????

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Colloneh7]




I've got your Contrarian Troll right here, buddy, seeing as you labeled me the same. What a ridiculous thing to say.

I think it must be pretty obvious why ML is here, unless your IQ is comparable to that of a carrot. Not saying it is, but sheesh.

I'd like to see you respond to some posts with something substantial rather than this drivel. If you have something to say, say it. I've made a few posts pointed directly at you, which you have ignored. Repeatedly. I think it's because you just can't hang in a real debate/discussion.

We'll see.



[edit on 8/9/07 by The Axeman]



posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Actually...I've found ML only too ready to answer ANY questions about Masonry openly and honestly on this board...

I've read many of his posts and threads and have always found them to be well thought out, to the point, and where questions have been asked, he has answered to the best of his ability...

Cant ask more than that from any ATS'er, really, can we ?

Peace



posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7
Aren't you a lost cause....


EDIT: I'll tell you what, contrarian troll........

Why don't you state why you are here at THIS website??????

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Colloneh7]


I'll venture an answer on his part. Because he's trying to correct some of the drivel that gets posted as 'fact' by those who have ulterior motives. One of the same reasons I'm here (that and for intelligent discussion and maybe learning a thing or two meself).

So....why are YOU here at this website??????



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I think fundamentalism itself contains the germ of war, because fundamentalists tend to view those who disagree with them as enemies. This ideology obviously conflicts with the idea of freedom, which recognizes the right of people to disagree with each other.


OK, so you are saying, "Why can't we all just get along?!?!?"

Am I right?

Have you read Revelations where it talks about a "one-world dictatorship" that destroys mankind?

Hello?

The viewpoint that you are arguing from is rather silly, don't you think?



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

I'll venture an answer on his part. Because he's trying to correct some of the drivel that gets posted as 'fact' by those who have ulterior motives. One of the same reasons I'm here (that and for intelligent discussion and maybe learning a thing or two meself).

So....why are YOU here at this website??????


Are you serious? I mean, come on! Is your head so far up your @ss that you can't tell when facts slap you across the face?

Think!



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7
What do freemasons think of Ron Paul (show me your conservitism)...



Well?



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7OK, so you are saying, "Why can't we all just get along?!?!?"

Am I right?

Have you read Revelations where it talks about a "one-world dictatorship" that destroys mankind?

Hello?

The viewpoint that you are arguing from is rather silly, don't you think?


I don't think you've got the slightest clue about the viewpoint that he is coming from at all. He simply commented on the divisive tendencies of religious fundamentalism.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7
What do freemasons think of Ron Paul (show me your conservitism)...



Well?

Why don't you people SPEAK UP?!?!?!

HELLO?!?!?!?!?!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Colloneh7]



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7


OK, so you are saying, "Why can't we all just get along?!?!?"

Am I right?


Sort of, sure. In the 1950's, Hank Williams, Sr. penned a song that contained the lyrics "If you mind your own business then you won't be mindin' mine." That's pretty much the crux of the matter, and is the basis of individual liberty, responsibility, and mutual respect.


Have you read Revelations where it talks about a "one-world dictatorship" that destroys mankind?

Hello?

The viewpoint that you are arguing from is rather silly, don't you think?


I really couldn't care less about anybody else's view on Revelation, or the Qu'ran, or the Bhagavad Gita, or the Rig Veda. I'm talking about real life and the real world. If you want to take a literalist "viewpoint" based on a universally misunderstood and strictly metaphorical oriental book wriiten two millenia ago, be my guest, but if that's the case it's certainly not *me* who is guilty of silliness.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7


Why don't you people SPEAK UP?!?!?!

HELLO?!?!?!?!?!



I think I already did.

I think Paul's a nice guy, and I like the fact that he opposed the war and the Patriot Act. But he's an economic conservative, and believes in the sanctity of the market, supports the enormous tax cuts on the wealthy, and opposes state-sponsored universal health care. That's why I support Dennis Kucinich's platform, not Ron Paul's.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

I'll venture an answer on his part. Because he's trying to correct some of the drivel that gets posted as 'fact' by those who have ulterior motives. One of the same reasons I'm here (that and for intelligent discussion and maybe learning a thing or two meself).

So....why are YOU here at this website??????


Are you serious? I mean, come on! Is your head so far up your @ss that you can't tell when facts slap you across the face?

Think!


The only fact I'm aware of is that you continually refuse to acknowledge posts that are directed at you, and you keep squirreling around the issue and calling people trolls who are no such thing.

It's certainly not intelligent discussion you're after, so why are you here?

I figured you would come around after the u2u you sent me; you know, the one where you said:


I have ignored you because instead of addressing my posts, you chose to just contradict them and turn it around on me. I realise that contradicting is part of debate, but some things you contradicted seemed pretty spurious.

[snip]

I called you guys trolls because I am used to other forums where trolls will attack that forum simply because they disagree with it and try to take it over, and I jumped the gun on sticking that label on you guys. My apologies. I am just a dude too.


Didn't feel too bad about calling us trolls after all, eh?

Well, as you say, contradicting you is part of debate, and I WILL contradict you if what you post is B.S. - and you ignoring it is just as good as saying "I can't come up with a decent response to this." It's not like I'm attacking you personally, I'm responding to your posts. Don't get your feelings hurt when I call BS on your posts. I'll do it to anyone who posts what I think is BS. Usually though, people will come back and try to make their case for it not being BS, and those are the people that have my respect.

So, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Either come out and play, or take your ball and go home.

I'm not going to discuss my political positions with you because it is irrelevant to the issue at hand. All Masons have their own views on politics, and it is certainly not something that Masonry proper has any position, view, or stance on. Period.



posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
The only fact I'm aware of is that you continually refuse to acknowledge posts that are directed at you, and you keep squirreling around the issue and calling people trolls who are no such thing.

It's certainly not intelligent discussion you're after, so why are you here?


I'm not the one who only posts in this section of the forum to defend the unfoulable organisation that is called freemasonry despite whatever facts or information put forth to you says otherwise, am I, contrarian troll?

You are involved in evil, and your answer is to deny such evil exists, and then in the same breath turn around and claim anyone who calls your infallible organisation suspicious is evil themselves.

Contrarian troll.



posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

Originally posted by Colloneh7OK, so you are saying, "Why can't we all just get along?!?!?"

Am I right?

Have you read Revelations where it talks about a "one-world dictatorship" that destroys mankind?

Hello?

The viewpoint that you are arguing from is rather silly, don't you think?


I don't think you've got the slightest clue about the viewpoint that he is coming from at all. He simply commented on the divisive tendencies of religious fundamentalism.


I know what he's talking about and I don't think you have got the slightest clue about the viewpoint that I am coming from at all.

I am saying that collectivism is bad. I am also saying that secrecy of collectivist plans are bad. I support freedom and independence. Read carefully and you will find that his arguments are contradictory to the ideals of freedom and independence. Your argument fits into that category also.

Tell me again how secrecy fits into the ideals of freedom? Tell me again how freemasonry is a kindly Luciferian organisation and how that fits into the ideals of freedom when Luciferianism is about power over others? Tell me again about how "keepers of the light" who hold secret knowledge from others is about freedom?

ETA: Jahbulon

How lovely these contributions of freemasonry are.


[edit on 11-8-2007 by Colloneh7]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Colloneh7]



posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Colloneh7


Why don't you people SPEAK UP?!?!?!

HELLO?!?!?!?!?!



I think I already did.


Well, since I am reading the same thread as you and read your response on the matter, I figured that out. I just didn't know that you spoke for everyone else as well. What I was wondering was how does freedom jive with freemasons in general, and from your ability to speak for everyone else and the lack of response from your other fellow freemasons, I think we've got a pretty good understanding, now don't we?

Good luck on working out that socialistic ideal of yours and how to explain how that somehow jives with freedom.



posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am curious why so many masons on this thread continue to insist that freemasonry is not a religion. If those "rituals" are indeed the activites practiced in the first three degrees then yes it is a religion. A religion with alot of pagan-isc biblical sort of overtones.

Just because you say the sun is a giant globe of fire flies does not make it so. You have a grand enternal lodge in the sky, your reborn from the profane, You play with sharp objects makeing secert oaths(clasic paganism there), You kiss books of religious (spiritual/Magical) natures,You open and close in prayer...no I would not call masonry christian in any sense....the spiritual experiance much more closely resembels wiccianism/paganism in practice... It is an indefensable point. To lie about it is to protect the secert even at the cost of your life. But its silly? Like the kid who believes he invisible by closeing his eyes.

The grand architech of the universe is only applicable to masons. TGAOTU is only mentioned in reverence by Masons...and its not even a secert anymore eveeryone who doesn't know has a good idea...What do yall avoid some kind of legal trap be refuseing to acknowledge your a religion?



posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by Colloneh7


OK, so you are saying, "Why can't we all just get along?!?!?"

Am I right?


Sort of, sure. In the 1950's, Hank Williams, Sr. penned a song that contained the lyrics "If you mind your own business then you won't be mindin' mine." That's pretty much the crux of the matter, and is the basis of individual liberty, responsibility, and mutual respect.


Have you read Revelations where it talks about a "one-world dictatorship" that destroys mankind?

Hello?

The viewpoint that you are arguing from is rather silly, don't you think?


I really couldn't care less about anybody else's view on Revelation, or the Qu'ran, or the Bhagavad Gita, or the Rig Veda. I'm talking about real life and the real world. If you want to take a literalist "viewpoint" based on a universally misunderstood and strictly metaphorical oriental book wriiten two millenia ago, be my guest, but if that's the case it's certainly not *me* who is guilty of silliness.


Who said anything about a literalist "viewpoint"? I mentioned Revelations because you implied beforehand your knowledge on the book. I figured that in your knowledge on the book, you would have gotten the overall message that was portrayed.

It is common sense, and not just some "literalist viewpoint". Duh. It was a forewarning of what not to do, more than it was just some ole prediction.

What do you think becomes of consolidated power?



posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I am curious why so many masons on this thread continue to insist that freemasonry is not a religion. If those "rituals" are indeed the activites practiced in the first three degrees then yes it is a religion. A religion with alot of pagan-isc biblical sort of overtones.

Just because you say the sun is a giant globe of fire flies does not make it so. You have a grand enternal lodge in the sky, your reborn from the profane, You play with sharp objects makeing secert oaths(clasic paganism there), You kiss books of religious (spiritual/Magical) natures,You open and close in prayer...no I would not call masonry christian in any sense....the spiritual experiance much more closely resembels wiccianism/paganism in practice... It is an indefensable point. To lie about it is to protect the secert even at the cost of your life. But its silly? Like the kid who believes he invisible by closeing his eyes.

The grand architech of the universe is only applicable to masons. TGAOTU is only mentioned in reverence by Masons...and its not even a secert anymore eveeryone who doesn't know has a good idea...What do yall avoid some kind of legal trap be refuseing to acknowledge your a religion?



If it was admitted that freemasonry is a religion (which it obviously is), then the next question would be....

What kind of religion is it? (They don't like that question)

It's funny to watch them dance around the fact that it is a religion and then in the next sentence hear them talk about Luciferianism or the "Great Architect" or how their organisation is for the betterment of their "spirituality". Haha.

The best excuse I've heard so far is that freemasonry is like a Christmas present. Appearantly, the reason for the secrecy is because there is a Cracker Jacks suprise inside.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join