It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Is Backing the multi-billion dollar Saudi Arms Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Israel Is Backing the multi-billion dollar Saudi Arms Deal

news.yahoo.com

Israel has come out in support of a multi-billion dollar U.S. arms deal to Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries. I can't remember the last time Israel supported a deal like this. Probably because it never has. So what exactly is going on this time?

Earlier this month I was in Nablus, the most radicalized Palestinian town in the West Bank. The Israeli Defense Forces enter it only in force - and preferably in armor. I was standing in the main square when a disabled man on
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As the article points out, Isreal has faught tooth and nail every arms deal the US has ever proposed to Arab states. This time AIPEC's influential lobbiest will sit on thier hands. The other possiblity is that they have been promised a big ticket item in the future like Aegis or the Raptor.

Isreal is worried about Iranian influence in the region so the old adage the enemy of my enemy is my friend may at least for the mean time be in play here.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originaly posted by FredT
Isreal is worried about Iranian influence in the region so the old adage the enemy of my enemy is my friend may at least for the mean time be in play here.

How true is that!

However I still don't get it though. Isreal has never waivered one bit on there stance of supplying other middle eastern countries with weapon's. Why now?. Especially with the escallation of the Golan Heights and the stolen U.S weapons cache. Obviously there is more to this story than what's being reported right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They know they need all the back-up they can attain from the countries in
the middle east. Because if they don't get any they will have to fight
too many countries.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
too many countries.

I thought Isreal already had to many countries to fight?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

too many countries.

This may be a new shift in strategy. let them arm up and fight it out. The more the ME states fight among each other, the prevaling thought may be they will be easier and weaker when Isreal decides to deal with them.

Its the good way to go IMHO. Isreal keeps the states fighting and focused on themselves and not Isreal. Its benefactor gets to sell armes and that makes the corporations happy thus the politicos happy as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Its the good way to go IMHO. Isreal keeps the states fighting and focused on themselves and not Isreal. Its benefactor gets to sell armes and that makes the corporations happy thus the politicos happy as well.

Wow. If one really wanted to put a conspiracy spin on this. We could say that this is just another plot unfolding by the Illuninati/NWO to keep the ongoing war economy healthy. I just don't see how giving more weapon's to the middle east is a good thing. The weapon's may be intended for good purposes, but IMHO I just can't see that lasting very long. But as you quoted maybe it will give Isreal a break of some sorts to re group and prepare for something of that nature.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
As the article points out, Isreal has faught tooth and nail every arms deal the US has ever proposed to Arab states. This time AIPEC's influential lobbiest will sit on thier hands.

How do we know that for sure? Not being offensive here as I may have missed something, but nowhere in the article does the author give a source for this claim. The way I read it is was more or less his opinion with no sources and that confuses me.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here's my prediction for what its worth. I think the US is about to get hit again by terrorists ( as an article posted here in the last day or two suggested) At this time, Bush will declare marshal law and enact the draft of US citizens into the military. Shortly thereafter he will attack Iran with the help of Israel, the Saudis and the rest of the Arab clan opposed to Iran. This will cause the actual beginning of WW3 (though as some will say WW3 has already started). I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to world politics but this is my gut feeling and I wanted to get it out there

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

too many countries.

I thought Isreal already had to many countries to fight?

From a logistical stand point Isreal hasn't fought that many countries. But with the modernization of the middle east that has become a reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It appears as though not all Israelis are in approval of this $20 billion arms deal. In this article former Israeli ambassador to the UN, Dore Gold, warns that this is a destructive mistake. His take is that Al-Queda has infiltrated the Suadi military and could have terrible future consequences. Gold also repeats the scarey fact that 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Suadi.

In another article here it is noted that Israel will receive "more than 25-percent increase in military aid to Israel over the next 10 years, enabling the Jewish state to keep its qualitative military edge over neighbors with which it has no peace deal.

Israel will receive a total of $30 billion in U.S. military assistance, up from about $24 billion, while Egypt, which along with Jordan has made peace with Israel, will get $13 billion as part of the broader package."

The deal is not sealed as of yet, because in this article certain members of Congress are planning to block the deal.

It seems as though money is behind this package succeeding.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow, it almost appears that the people here don't realize, as Israel obviously does, that the Saudi family is a puppet regime of the US. There will be no Saudi Arabia without continued US military aide. Instead, there would be another Arab state with a quasi-religious government. The Israeli's would much prefer there remain an Arab state with a corrupt family that is completely under the thumb of a western county for protection from their poor people. Both the Israeli's and Saudi's know that if the royal family doesn't do as the US demands, agents could easily cause a popular revolution and slaughter all 5,000 useless princes.

Jon

[edit on 7.31.2007 by Voxel]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
How do we know that for sure? Not being offensive here as I may have missed something, but nowhere in the article does the author give a source for this claim. The way I read it is was more or less his opinion with no sources and that confuses me.

Not 100% sure. However, AIPEC usualy hit fast and hard not allowing any momentum to build. Its funny, I recently finished the Reagan Diaries. One consistent theme throughout was Isreal and her lobby opposed to any arms sales to Arab nations period. Lots of fighting on capital hill anytime they tried. Remember the AWACS deal?

However, we are getting opposition, but it appears to be more pro forma than anything else.

The other possibility is the defence contractors lobby ponyed up more than AIPEC made threats but thats not likely.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Here's my prediction for what its worth. I think the US is about to get hit again by terrorists ( as an article posted here in the last day or two suggested) At this time, Bush will declare marshal law and enact the draft of US citizens into the military. Shortly thereafter he will attack Iran with the help of Israel, the Saudis and the rest of the Arab clan opposed to Iran. This will cause the actual beginning of WW3 (though as some will say WW3 has already started). I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to world politics but this is my gut feeling and I wanted to get it out there

I do not mean to be so frank, but your gut feeling will no doubt join the ranks of hundreds of others that have pretty much been saying the same for the last few years here. however, it would be ironic if there is an attack as you say, utilizing agents and weapons that were provided to Saudi Arabia and proved to be from there and we go into another country, again....

new topics

top topics

join