It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to implant microchips in soldier's brains

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Pentagon to implant microchips in soldier's brains

rinf.com

The Department of Defense is planning to implant microchips in soldiers’ brains for monitoring their health information, and has already awarded a $1.6 million contract to the Center for Bioelectronics, Biosensors and Biochips (C3B) at Clemson University for the development of an implantable “biochip”.

Soldiers fear that the biochip, about the size of a grain of rice, which measures and relays information on soldiers vital signs 24 hours a day, can be used to put them under surveillance even when they are off duty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Apparently this is not mere speculation but practically a done deal. The DoD has already awarded a contract for the development of this biochip and the implantations are expected to start around five years from now.

Another brick in the wall.

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/31/2007 by Sunalei]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I saw this tonight also, at first I didn't believe it but it seems legit. Plus when you're in the military you _are_ a piece of inventory, they own you from top to bottom, you are a tactical investment.

Yea for the NWO !
Booo for freedom !

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hmm that's a bit out of the blue! I never even heard about the build up to this!

They've clearly drawn out the applications for the chips, with them being able to save lives and stuff, and obviously some people will buy that.

But there's an unclear line between "we have this benificial tech so we should use it" and "this sounds a bit dodgy, what is it really for".

The problem is, this line keeps becoming blurrier as the government comes up with acceptable reasons to implant these things into people.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"SkyNET Activated..."

"Processing at 500 terrabytes a second.."

"ERROR!!!!"

I wander just how many soldiers will allow themselves to be tagged.. i should hope not many!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
But its for your own good, even Britney Spears and major stars are getting it. Dont you wanna fit in with the rest of America?

Hell ya Chip the crap outta me..........

The above is complete and total sarcasm.. No way in hell will I be chipped, and i think alot of soldiers are smart enough to be the same.

But i think in their case do they even have a choice in the matter?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Hmm that's a bit out of the blue! I never even heard about the build up to this!

They've clearly drawn out the applications for the chips, with them being able to save lives and stuff, and obviously some people will buy that.

But there's an unclear line between "we have this benificial tech so we should use it" and "this sounds a bit dodgy, what is it really for".

The problem is, this line keeps becoming blurrier as the government comes up with acceptable reasons to implant these things into people.

That's exactly what I thought! I read that this morning and I was like, "Now just when did all this suddenly get decided?" You're right, that line *does* keep getting blurrier. First I think it was lost pets... then lost kids... now our soldiers... what next? :/

The bad part is that no matter what good is intended, or that we are led to believe will come from it... there are always those just waiting (planning?) for the opportunity to jump in and use it for their own means - and if there's chaos at the time, so much the better for them, because it creates "a reason" for the "solution" which makes it much more acceptable to people.

It was kind of a shock to me (don't know why but it was) to see how far we've come, this was a bit of a wake up call to me. (But then again, it seems every day is a wake up call lately!)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

But i think in their case do they even have a choice in the matter?

I don't know - but the general tone of what I read gave me the feeling that they don't. One more thing they have to deal with - they have enough already, and now this future development.. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
The above is complete and total sarcasm.. No way in hell will I be chipped...

They will just tell you that in order to get a drivers license you will need to be chipped. Since driving is a PRIVILEGE and not a right, they will say you have a choice when really you do not as the banks will say, no chip, no account... so in the end, you will get one.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm not believing it.

Inserting a brain chip doesnt sound like simple surgery.

I imagine the costs and logistics would outweigh the benifits. You would have to pull troops from their posts in Iraq and send them to a pretty sophisticated medical facililty to have it inserted.

Plus most people get sick at the idea of brain surgery. Troop moral would go way down if your unit was put on a list to have a chip put in your brain. Recruiting would also take a major hit. I just don't see it happening.

Putting a chip in the arm would be much simpler and I can see this happening in the future.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
Plus when you're in the military you _are_ a piece of inventory, they own you from top to bottom, you are a tactical investment.

In some ways, yes. But you are still a Citizen of the United States with Constitutional Rights intact...Upon recruitment, they tell you that you don't have any Rights, but it's a lie that they want you to believe. And what about when someone is discharged from active duty? They shouldn't even be able to implant such a chip in the first place, let alone let it stay in after discharge!

Originally posted by Pootie
They will just tell you that in order to get a drivers license you will need to be chipped. Since driving is a PRIVILEGE and not a right...

Nope, you have the Constitutional Right to travel freely. The State (that issues the licenses) cannot supersede Constitutional Rights. It's just that, when you sign your name to that license, you are entering into a contract with the State that says that you are waiving your Right to travel freely & you're letting them turn it into a privilege.
We can thank ATS-Member theindependantjournal for supplying us (in this thread) with these links that clearly state & define the laws & terminology of the laws...And how the States have been intentionally misrepresenting the laws & terminologies all this time:
Driver Licensing vs. the Right to Travel
US Lawbooks
Right to Travel

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What i don't get is why it needs to be a micro chip? Why not an armband or something like that to monitor the vital signs, because all i can see a chip doing is maybe monitoring heart rate and blood pressure possibly, and the same could be done with an armband, probably easier and cheaper.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bassistchris
What i don't get is why it needs to be a micro chip? Why not an armband or something like that to monitor the vital signs, because all i can see a chip doing is maybe monitoring heart rate and blood pressure possibly, and the same could be done with an armband, probably easier and cheaper.

Because "monitoring vital signs" is just the official reason - the list of unofficial reasons for implanting those chips to people is quite bigger ..

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I remember last year an article about a proposal to do just this. I think it was even mentioned on ATS. This has been planned for a while.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bassistchris

The reason I have doubts about this story is the "implanted in the brain" information. I doubt that this is realistic in cost or safety terms. Using an armband as bassistchris suggests, or a chip implanted in the arm (or forehead/hand) is more reasonable, safe, and cost effective. You just do not go around sticking things in peoples brains without major safety concerns.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A long time ago, I heard about the Military wanting to use a RFID chip to better organize the battlefield, which I didn't like the sound of anyway. I'm anti-chip. Now they want to use it to monitor health? Sounds to me like they are just looking for a reason to implant everyone.... and the soldiers are just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, first off, it's tripe.

The source is "RINF", and a more wretched hive of scum and misinformation you'll never find.

The "author", who is what I'll call "atechnical" to be kind, has conflated a lot of material together because he doesn't understand what he's reading.

There's no truth to the "brain implant" thing. At all. What the author saw was an article on brain bioassay 'chips' on the Clemson site. A DNA 'chip' is not like a semiconductor chip. Basically, they put tens of thousands of oligonucleotides on a piece of silicon in an array. It's not logic, or any sort of electronics. It's a lot of little "tags" that will stick to a certain gene sequence. You take a brain tumor biopsy, chop the DNA into bits and drop it onto an assay chip like this one. The active genes stick to the markers that match, then light up in UV light. A machine logs which bits of DNA were active. This tells you a lot about the tumor.

Now, the author saw this and jumped frantically to the conclusion that it was related. Nope.

What the article was about, was that you could inject a biochip of some sort into a trauma victim and measure various biochemical levels, such as salinity, oxygenation, glucose and lactate levels and so on.

Here is the actual article with the RINF wiped off. There's no mentioning tracking people (which you aren't going to be able to do), controlling people, injecting chips into brains or any of the other crap which Adam Thomas saw fit to add by conflating a bunch of other horror stories with the tiny bit of truth he managed to scrape up.

This is typical of RINF, they still think this is real despite the many admissions by Boeskov that it was a gag.

Seriously, you shouldn't go to RINF for anything at all except entertainment.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is an abomination to mankind.

It's not enough to control the majority of the freeworld? They have to control (or have the feeling of control) everything down to the single soldier.

The people in congress and the military need to get a life. Maybe they need to be told they're loved more? Why this need for such dominance? Do they still feel inferior to eveyone and everything that this is needed? I don't know what their problem is, but if they feel the need for this much control, whether it be informational or physical, they need to be pulled from office and/or rank.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well there you go, people dont really believe David Icke, but you cant deny EVERYTHING he said would happen, is happening. To the letter. From the military slaves, to the populace, one small step for the "dudes" in charge.

Hmm after reading Tom´s post, looks like its BS

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Rikhart]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Instead of running to Canada to avoid the draft we're going to be leaving to avoid being chipped, until Canada does the same....

I think me & shrunkensimon might be calling John Connor real soon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join