It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens causing Mental Illness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm right there with you...
They electrocute me all the time...
You gotta just let go let God sometimes
Here's what I repeat that helps
A) Out of Everyone in the universe at that point in time, you are the most important person to them for whatever reason...the superior species.
B) You are protecting others from their torture by taking the hit...
C) It can't last forever...you will be set free in time and they will die and hopefully take their venom with them...
Remember their are some good ones too... and some probably love you, cuz they took an interest. Joe

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey, before you declare yourself a Mental Case, I suggest that you take a second opinion, because the underground news channel is reporting that Bush's Fart has now become toxic and the number of mental cases is at it's peak, right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
On the gripping hand, acknowledging their delusions as real can often disorient them even more. It's the first thing you get in the Cliff Notes Counseling course.

Well, I'm not a Certified Counselor, so I guess I don't have to worry about feeding anyone's delusions. Rather than the OP asking a professional, they asked me, some random dude on the Internet. It may very well be that their problems could fade away if they were given a regular, stiff dose of Zyprexa or something similar.

But I'm not in a position to prescribe anti-psychotic medicine over the Internet like some Canadian pharmacist. So I prefer to work within the parameters that I'm given and suggest something that might be every bit as powerful as the delusion of alien/demon harassment. The delusion that they can be successfully fought and vanquished with a few simple tools.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How do you wish away something that is totally real?
microwave signals and implants...
What happens when you put metal in a microwave?
all the new towers around with panels... what could those be for?>

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bocephus
all the new towers around with panels... what could those be for?>

Umm, this is just a guess, but I think those are to improve my cell phone coverage. They are spotted by the "Can you hear me now?" guy.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I think your statement concerning our thoughts is the absurd discussion.

So instead we should believe in invisible undetectable aliens. I think that's a pretty hard sell that won't get many takers.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I would take the vatican over you any day, in saying whether entities can posess bodies. i am not talking about med evil times, i am talking about still today.

The vatican > MajorMalfunction, anyday.

Oh, yeah, go for it, be my guest. Believe what an age-old money grubbing institution full of guys who like to play with little kids' privates and dress up in pretty dresses has to say.

No skin off my nose.

Hey, tell you what, I dare you to call on Satan and offer to sell your soul. See if he shows up.

I bet you a dollar he doesn't.

Because he doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is irrelevant if you believe or not...
you don't have to believe that a snake can kill you for it to do so...
I don't lie unless I have too.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have schizoaffective disorder - it hit me pretty hard in 1999, and i became disabled due to the symptoms I started experiencing.

In 2003, I "saw" my first "alien" - and have only had three or so other such hallucinations since then of this nature.

The question I have, that no amount of counseling so far has been able to answer is this :

How does a chemical imbalance conjure such vivid images of extraterrestrial beings?

I do not have any other visual hallucinations of any kind. Only auditory.

So - these "visions of EBE's" - where do they come from? Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They put an implant in your frontal lobe, up thru you rright nostril...
Alters perception... they sometimes use a porcelin-crystal type of material as well that doesn't show up on x-rays... they gave me some
it kinda looks like crack so I don't carry it around..
I do the metal implant they gave me...for luck and to see how people react...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

In 2003, I "saw" my first "alien" - and have only had three or so other such hallucinations since then of this nature.

The question I have, that no amount of counseling so far has been able to answer is this :

How does a chemical imbalance conjure such vivid images of extraterrestrial beings?

Not a clue. I have one friend who sees Russian spies, and another who sees ninjas. I'm not sure why it would bring those to mind either.

I'd guess it was something that interests you, maybe scares you, so out it comes as an externalization of your paranoia. Why do command voices almost always tell people to hurt themselves?

When I have sleep paralysis, which is as close a thing as I have to hallucinating, I'd guess, if it's a BAD one I see greys or mutilated dead people, or invisible people that beat me (weird). Where does that come from? Not a clue. I've also seen skeletal nuns wheeling around baskets full of dead babies. Not a clue there either. It's very real to me while it lasts.

If it's a GOOD one, then it's all pleasant and I see little blue doctors, and little brown monks, sometimes the 'lady', often I just go for a walk around town but everyone's frozen in place. Why that? I don't know.

I can't place them in my life, don't recall reading anything with them in it, so where does it come from? And that's been going on since I was 3 or 4.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
---- R. D. Lang

i'm thinking more along the lines of this ^^^

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I would take the vatican over you any day, in saying whether entities can posess bodies. i am not talking about med evil times, i am talking about still today.

The vatican > MajorMalfunction, anyday.

But the Vatcan has never been about religion, its been about power and control, and still is today.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I get a little tired of reading the BS opinions. Just snap out and say NO this or that.

A family member is very high up in Mental Health and let me assure you, this issue is completely outside of the Mental Health theory. Nurses, Mental Health Professionals do not have the skills to deal with this. Trauma/regression caused by supposed Alien abductions is frequent and all mental health support basically treads water. I refer to young children in particular who have drawn pictures and experienced serious fears over this very topic. The one that doesn't exist

Regardless of what your beliefs are -> do you reject the Holy Spirit? Does that not rely on the visual or auditory perception? It is quite contradictive that a person can claim to hear God and see a vision and that is socially acceptable. It is throughout the Bible. Whatever body of religious theory/intellectual logic you subscribe to, there exists historically a multitude of testimonies that actually states-> evidence or waffle pertaining to extra sensory perception/revelations. So, it really does frustrate me when I see people label others with mental illnesses when this phenomena is outside the socially acceptable confines.

This also reminds me of the definition of deviance. It evolves with societies morals/values and knowledge. Some might suggest this is irrelevant, I beg to differ, simply due to the fact that 30 years ago, a woman who left her husband due to domestic violence was socially deviant. Haven't we come along way.

There is currently a lot of study being undertaken regarding mental illness and the UFO/ET phenomena. I will for the moment take the wait and see approach.

I believe a thought manifests itself from a point of truth...any thought. There is an element of truth in everything.

How can we reject the OP when movies exist such as the Matrix, MIB, Alien etc etc. Close Encounters is another one. Where do people get their ideas from?? Imagination?

I particularly liked the way in Close Encounters all contactees drew the same picture. Oh thats right, its just a movie. And the Bible is just a book. And the Sumerian Tablets are also just myth and subject to interpretation. And the Solar System is just a pic from NASA. But, I can't see the planets but because NASA have provided me with imagry, I believe the solar system looks just like the pic.

Open your eyes, it is really a clear as the nose on your face. But still people relate no coincidence to anything. It just is what it is. Its just this or its just that. Try telling a 3 or 4 year old child that the trauma isn't real and its just a dellusion.

As a Spiritual Medium, I really love to see people who are skeptic or closed and then I tell them things that there is no way I could possibly know. Yanno, the ones that sit across from you with their arms crossed. Towards the end their arms are beside them and their eyes are wide open and they are listening diligently.

Well, I do believe in spiritual or extra terrestrial attack and I also believe what the OP has to say. Unfortunately, society will have to wait another decade for the theory to define itself into a working reality. Until then, medicate and label people with a mental illness.

I am absolutely fascinated with the latest Scientific research. Isn't it amazing that Scientists can modify genes of mice to give them schizoprenia. If Scientists are able to modify the genes, just how easy is it? Can schizoprenia be triggered in other ways? What about these devices people are paying a lot of money to activate their DNA??

It just makes me laugh. the people who are so closed to everything. Perhaps they should be a little more open. It is so easy to reject everything and everyone based on your knowledge. Isn't it?

SCIENTISTS have created the world’s first schizophrenic mice in an attempt to gain a better understanding of the illness.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 31-7-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Back in the 80's I was drawn into a very wierd Cult and had some wierd mind blowing experiences.I remember thinking at the time "why am I not going mad,this is so wierd".After a while my inner alarm bell started going of,I could'nd trust these people anymore so I left this Cult and then the problems started.I was seeing the world in a much more intensn way,synchronicitys and and odd messsages from total strangers.I lost a lot of weight and had problems sleeping.
All I wanted to do was try and get back to my old normal/mundane self and make some sense of it all.
Now I knew I was not 'mentaly ill' in the sense that I had develped some illness,but I was in fact 'mentaly injured',like being run over by some huge mental truck.I knew I would get better in time and for this reason I did not seek help from the medical establishment but instead I embarked on a fitness regime and also took up Tai Chi.As my body became healthyer my mind also calmed and eventualy I regained my equilibrium.
To the OP,don't stop taking the Meds,BUT try and improve your fitness and maybe take up a Martial Art[one of the gentler kinds].As your body's health improves so will your mental health benifit also.Some people also find some solace in religion but for me the love of a good woman also helped me immensely.Best of to luck you Casmodian

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Muffinresearch]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Perhaps schizophrenia-like hallucinations can occur when the observed (us) becomes aware of the observers?

ie. other entities could be around us, perhaps 'out of phase', 'through the veil', whatever. But only when a particular experience makes us aware of their presence do we notice.

You sir are indeed on the exact same wavelength as myself KUDOS to you sir.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

Perhaps schizophrenia-like hallucinations can occur when the observed (us) becomes aware of the observers?

ie. other entities could be around us, perhaps 'out of phase', 'through the veil', whatever. But only when a particular experience makes us aware of their presence do we notice.

Its ok to become to 'go up/open the veil' ect. BUT it is far more important to be able to come back down/close the veil afterwoods.
Im thinking on the lines of Paying tribute to Popa Legba,the Guardian of the Doorway in Voodoo as an example.Pay Papa some tribute before you begin to explore/do you work and He will let You back down/back into the 'mundane level' after you decide you seen enough up/out there.Its like making a mental note to yourself that you can switch off again.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Muffinresearch]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
So, it really does frustrate me when I see people label others with mental illnesses when this phenomena is outside the socially acceptable confines.

Yes, yes, you're right - John's seeing transdimensional religious spirit ninjas. It's so clear to me now.

I believe a thought manifests itself from a point of truth...any thought. There is an element of truth in everything.

Ahem... "This thought is false"

How can we reject the OP when movies exist such as the Matrix, MIB, Alien etc etc. Close Encounters is another one. Where do people get their ideas from?? Imagination?

Yes? Obviously? Do you seriously think that they have alien advisors on every movie set? Or do I seriously have to worry about Mansquito?

I particularly liked the way in Close Encounters all contactees drew the same picture. Oh thats right, its just a movie.

You remind me of Buzz when he's about to nose over. "That guy - he blinked when he said certain words - those words are a clue - HE'S SIGNALING TO ME!"

Yes, dear, it is just a movie. It's what we call fiction.

And the Sumerian Tablets are also just myth and subject to interpretation.

Actually, quite a number of Sumerian era tablets exist, which makes them not mythological, however, what they are subject to is incredibly crappy translation i.e. Sitchin.

And the Solar System is just a pic from NASA. But, I can't see the planets but because NASA have provided me with imagry, I believe the solar system looks just like the pic.

See, this is an example of having trouble distinguishing objective data from subjective. You CAN see the planets. It doesn't require NASA's permission. You most likely see them nearly every clear night, if you're away from the city. The fact you don't know that is amusing, as I'd bet you are into astrology.

As a Spiritual Medium, I really love to see people who are skeptic or closed and then I tell them things that there is no way I could possibly know.

Oh, do give us a demonstration. Everyone - let's vote. I vote NJE777 gives us a demonstration, show of hands? Ok, NJE777, we want a demo. And it has to be a bit of objective, testable data. None of this "I see you have done bad things" or "There is a bad moon rising - you must avoid the color purple" stuff.

I am absolutely fascinated with the latest Scientific research. Isn't it amazing that Scientists can modify genes of mice to give them schizoprenia. If Scientists are able to modify the genes, just how easy is it?

There are strong implications that schizophrenia has a genetic component, which is not all that surprising.

What about these devices people are paying a lot of money to activate their DNA??

If you understood much about the scientific research which fascinates you so, this wouldn't be a question for you.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

It would be interesting if a detailed examination of both abductees and those who are prone to demonic possession revealed that they had some quality or characteristic that allowed them to perceive and interact with these entities while most people can't. Some chance DNA sequence that tunes in aliens and demons and ghosts.

It sure would be sad for that person to be drugged and prodded and electroded into seeing what for most people passes for reality, even though it may be no more than a shared blindness. It'd be enough to drive you nuts.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For those that replyed thanks for the input, I am on medication (abilfy) and I did see the web sites on government mind control and electrical harrassment, however long before there was electrity there was schizophrenia, ufos may have been around for a very long time, even in some of the middle ages pictures. there were indications of flying machines in anient egyptian art. Those that don't believe in ufo's, ignorance is bliss, but I will always believe that I was attacked by them. keep safe, casmodian

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join