It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TREASURY SEEKS PROBE INTO DOCUMENTS OF O'NEILL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Look, at this crap! Look at this bull# from this demonic administration! Now, that they got BUSTED on 60 Minutes, they attack the messenger of the truth! This is why I hate those animals in the White House! Who trained these monkeys to wear suits anyway!

Treasury Seeks Probe Into Papers Taken by O'Neill
Mon January 12, 2004 03:50 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury has asked the U.S. inspector general's office to investigate how a possibly classified document appeared on Sunday in a televised interview of ex-Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, a department spokesman said on Monday.

"It's based on the (CBS program) '60 Minutes' segment, and I'll be even more clear -- the document as shown on '60 Minutes' that said 'secret,"' Treasury spokesman Rob Nichols told reporters at a weekly briefing.

In a new book about his term as Treasury chief, O'Neill, who left the job in December 2002 in a shake-up of President Bush's economic team, criticized White House policies and provided author Ron Suskind with thousands of administration documents.

This is such BULL#! I saw some of those damn documents on Judicial Watch.org! I saw all those maps! This administraton is sooo evil.... Why can't Bill Cliniton come back...

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the 60 Minutes episode was about?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Does anyone know what the 60 Minutes episode was about?

It was about how Bush runs the White House as told by Paul O'Neil with accompanying documents. I twas about how the Iraqi War was a fraud on the American people with accompanying documents. It was about how the tax cut was strictly for the rich with accompnaying documents.

It was how this DEMONIC ADMINISTRATION LIES TO US DAILY.

(Kinda slow on the draw there, eh?)

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Let's PROBE into that one but let the self RIGHTeous snake that illegally crawled though the trash of the Senate Intelligence Committee collecting garbage for the Bush re-election effort go unpunished.

After all, that scoundral did the administration a favor.

If you're going to break the law, just be sure you're a Republican. (Add Rush comments here.)

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
(Kinda slow on the draw there, eh?)

Hah, I think I gathered that it was something bad about the govt...just was wondering specifics...hard to keep track of all the lies, BS, and classified information these days.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Listen to the 13 minute interview on www.randirhodes.com at 5:00 pm eastern!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it was going to take the Bush administration to put the squeeze on O'Neill. Tear down his credibility and make this look like an act of treason. How many millions will this administration spend trying to squash this?

I have to admit the timing is suspect, as this is an election year. But on the other hand, most of us ATS members have suspected this since the begining of the 'war'. This should come as no surprise to many.

I'm just waiting for the Whitehouse to start the spin on this thing...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Know
Tear down his credibility and make this look like an act of treason. How many millions will this administration spend trying to squash this?

I'm just waiting for the Whitehouse to start the spin on this thing...

I wonder when they are going to out the CIA leaker (Karl Rove?) if we're talking treason.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Where are all the repugnants now? Why aren't they out here defending Bush? Why? I'll tell ya why! because they finally realize what kind of moronic fools they are, how they where taken advantage of like RETARDED CHILDREN by the Bush administration and ANY attempt to defend Bush now would make them look like LESS than dummies.

I stand as always in the right.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Former Treasury Secretary Says War in Iraq Was Planned Before 9/11

Last year, President Bush made the case for war in Iraq by saying that America needs to protect itself from terrorism in a post-9/11 world. Bush told the nation that "the dynamics have shifted since 11 years ago, because of what happened on September the 11th," adding, "No longer are we secure." Bush also assured the nation that use of force in Iraq was a last resort, saying, "A military option is my last choice, the last choice."1 However, new revelations from one of Bush's former cabinet members show that war plans were being developed long before the terrorist attacks.

Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill told 60 Minutes that regime change in Iraq was the main topic at the very first meeting of Bush's National Security Council - a full eight months before 9/11. O'Neill said, "It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying 'Go find me a way to do this.'"2

Since this story broke, the administration has attempted to discredit O'Neill, claiming that "the treasury secretary is not in the position to have access to that kind of information."3 Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Ron Suskind, who has worked with O'Neill for a year on a book about the Bush White House, calls that allegation "simply wrong," adding, "[O'Neill] got every file from [CIA Director] George Tenet."4 Suskind has reviewed nearly 19,000 internal administration documents provided by O'Neil.5

Sources:
Remarks by the President at Tennessee Welcome, 10/8/02.
Bush Sought "Way" To Invade Iraq?, 60 Minutes, 1/11/04.
O'Neill: Bush planned Iraq invasion before 9/11, CNN, 1/11/04.
The Today Show, 1/12/04
Bush Sought "Way" To Invade Iraq?, 1/11/04.

misleader.com...

Can anyone tell me which ATS
members look like the fools they knowthey are?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They'll never hold this president responsible at the polls...you may was well forget it. Just as you believe we are better off with any dem than a repugnant...they believe they are better off with any republican than and demoncrap...

Information like this shouldn't be swept under the rug. We are in a battle for our country here. And, the democrats keep refusing to address the lies of this administration because it isn't politically safe to question him. They wanna talk around the issue--well, all accept Denny "mack-daddy" Kucinich.

This right so called investigation into these documents is a blatant attack on a whistle blower...something the adminstration swore they wouldn't allow after 9-11 and Coleen Rowley. Sticky icky days.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
They'll never hold this president responsible at the polls...you may was well forget it. Just as you believe we are better off with any dem than a repugnant...they believe they are better off with any republican than and demoncrap...

Of course, they won't. One thing a demon can't handle is suffering ridicule like I'm givin. That's why they won't show up and defend this idiot loser of a president. They are a shameful lot.

I am reminded of that old song by the Flock of Seagulls:

"And I ruuuuun. I run so far awaaaaayy. I just ruuun. I run all night and daaayy. Couldn't get away."

Keep running repugnants. It's healthy.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh Poor Angry Colonel.....seems the PARTY is OVER buddy.

And how many threads on this same discussion already...geezus....

But back to the GRAND HOAX....Gotcha!
"Lid Blown Off O'Neill/Suskind Hoax"
Link:
www.powerlineblog.com...

The particular information contained within this site/blog is already making it way to through the internet news sites....
The possible "blow-back" on this is quite possibly going to be disasterous....

Have a good one and as always, continue to "deny" as a good Democrat does, eh?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Please read my response to that pathetic drivel of a blog you call "informative news."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
BUSTED BUDDY.....
Repeat after me......H-----O----A----X, equating and amounting to O'Neil and Suskind being as full of BS as an elephant!

Besides Colonel, its already been revealed that the "prewar planning and postwar Iraq" scenerios and reports/documents began long before Bush entered office.....
O'Neil and Suskind are revealing 'what" exactly?

BUSTED!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
O'Neill has graduated from "sour grapes" to "hoax" in a matter of hours.

Who wants to try for "traitor" by Wednesday? Anyone?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Notice something. When the treasonous CIA leaker (Karl Rove) leaked the info on that Palme woman, it took a 3 MONTHS to get an investigation going---right after Ashcroft made sure they destroyed all pertinent material relating to anyone in the White House AND THEN RECUSED HIMSIMSLF!

But, the next day after the 60 Minutes interview exposing the fraudulent and vapid monkeys....IMMEDIATE INVESTIGATION!

Doesn't it just make you sick?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Colonel, I think you're jumping to conclusions, and having delusions.(heh, that rymes)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
O'Neill has graduated from "sour grapes" to "hoax" in a matter of hours.

Who wants to try for "traitor" by Wednesday? Anyone?

He already is one along with the rest of them! He has had these documents for a long time never released them. Why the same reason the rest of them haven�t to protect their own asses when they are suppose to be serving the people and upholding our constitution. It works both ways thou I believe the only reason Rumsfield still has a job is the documents in his possession.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
These people shuould be gone WAYY before November 2! They committed a capital crime! How many Americans are dead for their nefarious schemes?!?!?!?!

But, they impeach Clinton on sex.

top topics

join