It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican activist attempts to burn American Flag-key word "attempts"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm half irish too.....relax

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Withdraw.... It's not worth saying.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
well im not really half irish just by association....just thought I'd make that corection. All my friends are irish and the part of spain I'm from is celtic in nature. Just thought you might care....

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Newyorkee, I am not racist at all. Hell, most of my girlfriends have been Hispanic.. I love you freaking people... Somehow, threads like this gets turned into an immigration issue... To me, this particular issue has nothing to do with immigration. It could have just as easily been a white dude burning that flag. I still would have felt about him as I do about the Hispanic guy burning the flag... To me, it's despicable no matter who does it.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
as far as where you were born....thats nice.....why they send money to their country.....so people dont starve to death.....not that you care......the fact the hate this country.....I'd like you to find one of them here that hates this country thats still here....I think they are all in their country because of that opinion. besides how do they take away from you...not like there are countless american landscapers out of the job...I mean crap they just dont want the jobs they take. If not we should have our unemployed forget english and surrender their ss cards and go look for landscaping jobs like these "damed" immigrants do.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
well I'm glad to hear that

thank you

link   

thank you

link   

thank you

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

People have literally died to protect not only America but the flag itself. In one point in time it was illegal to treat a flag in a such as way. The flag IS america.

I do not know how I would have reacted in the situation. I personally hope I would have the balls to do just as the man did and probably more.

Ive gotten into fights to protect the name of our troops and ill surely do it for my flag.

people have literally died to protect the flag itself...that was pretty stupid. things change....troops used to battle head to head in a straight line too with a little drummer boy.....everything changes. it's called progress.
people realize that hey, it's just s hunk of fabric. we an get more shipped in from china.

as for your reaction....another patriot tough guy type tht i like to stay away from. thanks for the heads up...burning a flag=not ok but physical violence(as your implication)=ok........well, ok

edit* didn't realize it was an immigration issue.

i am irish to btw...does it matter?
nope

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
your right it has nothing to do with race or immigration. But that said, protesting is very american. Some would argue the main element of our "free attitude" Why should one form of protest be demonized as the worst. Its non violent. relatively insignificant, and at worst an eye sore.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

People have literally died to protect not only America but the flag itself. In one point in time it was illegal to treat a flag in a such as way. The flag IS america.

I do not know how I would have reacted in the situation. I personally hope I would have the balls to do just as the man did and probably more.

Ive gotten into fights to protect the name of our troops and ill surely do it for my flag.

people have literally died to protect the flag itself...that was pretty stupid. things change....troops used to battle head to head in a straight line too with a little drummer boy.....everything changes. it's called progress.
people realize that hey, it's just s hunk of fabric. we an get more shipped in from china.

as for your reaction....another patriot tough guy type tht i like to stay away from. thanks for the heads up...burning a flag=not ok but physical violence(as your implication)=ok........well, ok

edit* didn't realize it was an immigration issue.

i am irish to btw...does it matter?
nope

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Boondock78]

You are right, times have changed. Take a very close look where we are headed too.

Will times have changed the flag still has the same meaning. Flags are no longer to be made in china anyways, so I fail to see how stuff has changed so much that the flag doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Newyorkee, I didn't say anything about it being the worst... Hell, I think most riots are worse than flag burning... However, it's despicable, at least in my eyes, nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are right, times have changed. Take a very close look where we are headed too.

I couldn't have said it better my self.... Oh but Andrew, we're "progressing." Didn't ya know? :shk:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Newyorkee, I am not racist at all. Hell, most of my girlfriends have been Hispanic.. I love you freaking people... Somehow, threads like this gets turned into an immigration issue... To me, this particular issue has nothing to do with immigration. It could have just as easily been a white dude burning that flag. I still would have felt about him as I do about the Hispanic guy burning the flag... To me, it's despicable no matter who does it.

What?!?

If he is LEGAL, which is questionable...

Care to reassess your statements above? If it wasn't the same, where did all this extraneous commentary towards Hispanics come from?

Which one?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

You are blind if you don't believe our country is being overrun and taken over by these immigrants. Whether he was legal or not its causing greater issues in the community.

Do keep in mind I am half Spaniard. My mother migrated here LEGALLY almost 26 years ago. Despite that, I highly favor capping off the amount of immigrants we let in.

There are some good Hispanic people here. I think we have enough, but that is really beyond the scope of this thread. To me, this is more about certain mindsets, very corrosive ones, that have infiltrated this country over the last forty something years.

I agree with you entirely. Let's not forget im considered Hispanic myself although born in the US. But either way you look at it its an immigration issue seeing where it took place and the demeanor.

Patriotism is what got our country to the point it was at 6-7 years ago. Being a patriotic person these days is just uncool and I am a strong believer that it plays a strong factor in how much our country has weakened in all aspects.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
imagine a world where no one did anything upsetting....we would probably still be in the stone age.

..change is never really accepted. Doesnt mean its not necesarry. Its useless to try to please everyone. If by burning a flag, or doing something obviouse, people around you notice and listen to what you have to say then you are employing an effective form of protest.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Patriotism is what got our country to the point it was at 6-7 years ago. Being a patriotic person these days is just uncool and I am a strong believer that it plays a strong factor in how much our country has weakened in all aspects.

6-7 years ago? What caused that, and what exactly are you referring to?

Especially if you base your opinion on this "strong factor," I think we need to know, of course without going too far off topic.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

If he is LEGAL, which is questionable...

Care to reassess your statements above? If it wasn't the same, where did all this extraneous commentary towards Hispanics come from?

Which one?

Ahem, you don't have to be Hispanic to be ILLEGAL...Illegal immigrant is NOT a race... That's what you libs don't understand... Every time you hear the word illegal immigrant, you think "Oh, you're racist." An illegal immigrant can come from Mexico,Europe,China or Timbuktu.. I really don't care. If they are not LEGAL, they are breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

6-7 years ago? What caused that, and what exactly are you referring to?

Especially if you base your opinion on this "strong factor," I think we need to know, of course without going too far off topic.

It shouldn't be hard to understand that the Bush Administration plays a great deal in the dividing and dwindling patriotism of the United States.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Where do you get the idea its not cool to be patriotic....its not safe not to be so.....just read back man people are willing to kick ass over a flag on fire.....imagine ....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join