It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Alien abductions in India. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Why there has been not even a single case of Alien abductions in India?

I believe that ufos are real but i am skeptical about Alien abductions. If these are real then they should happen on the whole planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJSJSJ
Why there has been not even a single case of Alien abductions in India?

I believe that ufos are real but i am skeptical about Alien abductions. If these are real then they should happen on the whole planet.

Things that would be described as "Alien" abductions do occur world wide as do UFO sightings but they are often considered to be of a spiritual nature or religious significance depending on the culture. Do some research on Nagas would be one suggestion.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am a Indian, I know Indian culture very well.

There has been no accounts anyware similar to alien abductions here.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You have to remember that these intelligences can take any form or shape they want and perhaps in India it's still culturally specific.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Indian culture is full of 'Nagas'

But I am talking about 'Alien Abductions'

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJSJSJ
Indian culture is full of 'Nagas'

But I am talking about 'Alien Abductions'

I highly suggest you read the works of Jacques Vallee. You might find out these "Aliens" arn't so Alien. They have taken the forms of angels, gods, demons, faerie, jinn, etc. throughout history. Another way of putting it is that they are the angels, gods, demons, faerie, jinn, etc.

Gandharvas, Devas, Asuras, Apsaras, Yakshas, Yakshinis, and especially Rakshasas are some good examples to compare with.

[edit on 28/7/07 by MikeboydUS]

[edit on 28/7/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SJSJSJ

Please Check ireport.cnn.com... Alien Abduction Experience in India

I am an Indian, and even I believe that we are not alone. In India people are either too busy to notice these things or if something like this happens to someone in villages, they think its a ghost and they will go for remedies like pooja pat, I think these things don't happen in cities as cities are crowded always. so most possibly these incidents occur in outside city where there is less population or Villages.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I Googled "No Alien abductions in India. Why?" and after several pages of varied (and mostly useless results, I found one that sort of covers but also crosses the line...

... it hints that aliens don't go to that nation because, well, what has happened to so many women there of late, might happen to them.

It is very noncontrite, sarcastic wit but it also borders on a very other less than noble concepts, which is why I am being ever-so-careful here in relating it, lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yep. You nailed it.

People need to realize that the ET image is every bit as mythological as the angel image. The ET hypothesis is the mythology of the space-age.

It sounds like the OP is taking the ET image literally. That's a no-no.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I also asked my friend who's from Punjab and she claims she's never heard a thing about Aliens up north either.

Another questioned I posed a few months ago was why Tigers, Elephants, Lions, etc, not abducted and found in the mutilated way that cows are found. Kinda makes you wonder what or who is really doing all those things. Why just those animals?>

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The concept of an "E.T", spaceship, long grey body, massive head, is a popular image in the western world. So why don't alien abductions happen in India? Because the Indian culture is different, ergo, what a westerner experiences in the technological garb of a "grey alien", the more religious Indian culture experiences as nagas.

So what does this tell us about alien abductions? That they aren't real. That they are intense psychedelic experiences, quite possibly brought on by a rapid release of endogenous D-MT.

I don't profess any knowledge of what these "beings" are, and I don't think it would be particularly easy to figure out just what it is. Whether in the form of demons, monsters, or aliens, the invasive character of these entities certainly baffles the intellect. What are they? Are they entirely subjective, akin to the characters experienced in our dream-states? Or are they perhaps more objective? We don't know.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
UFO/ET reports are highly subject to regional cultural biases and local government restrictions on freedom of press.

Indian culture may just simply preclude talk of this subject and other paranormal events. I don't know anything about Indian culture to make any real claims.

However looking up freedom of speech and press in India you can see that when it comes to some things Indians are more restricted than some countries on what they can report for reasons of national security. In the article below it mentions India is ranked 120th in freedom of the press so clearly everything that happens in India will not be publicized.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looking up the current ranking for India in regard to freedom of press by the Reporters Without Borders organization I will note that India has dropped to 140th most free press. So it does not appear that the country will open up to paranormal reports any time soon, if ever.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SJSJSJ

I understand your view point put I think you are examining it backwards or at least that is how I read your post.

Most abductions in my humble opinion are miss identified as alien in origin, like the UFO observations there is something there that should be objectively examined but isn't so that is the only connection I'm willing to agree about the two phenomena that is undeniable. That abductions experiences are occur and the UFOs exist.

Now on the subject of abductions most of the reports can simply be hallucinations or other types of delusion (even shared) and considering that psychology has only got to work in the last 100 years, we can now explain some events (even if the subject believes otherwise). This of course seems to go in parallel with historical reports of spiritual encounters, interventions and miracles and is indisputable connected to cultural background (including faith). Separating real abductions will always be extremely hard, one thing that people should take in consideration is that to the subject (if not an hoax) the experience is indeed real.

Note also that Asia has had an extreme advantage in the understanding of consciousness and other altered states, something that only took root in the west from 1700 forward (taking in consideration the effect of the Dark age and Christianity), like psychoactive compounds and hypnotism and revivalism of other shamanic knowledge that to a large degree had special hindrance in other civilizations.

The only way to prove an abduction would be physical evidence or verifiable transmission of new information during the abduction or verification of other paranormal event. So far the only thing that support the abduction phenomena is the shared similitude and I believe that it is mostly due to cultural background.

Now there is a recent trend to mix religion with the alien subject, mostly pushed by the media as also a renewed interest in the paranormal and spiritual world. This is in my view a predatory marketing strategy, a mix of social engineering and business interests.

Most of the western world is becoming disenfranchised from organized religions and since we are biologically driven to believe in a divine power (scientifically proven) there are forces interested in taking advantage of this or even in preventing the expansion of other faiths.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by SJSJSJ

google 15 seconds ..

ireport.cnn.com...

www.ufostalker.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How do you account for multiple people experiencing the same thing at the same time, maybe they sniffed some D-MT from the armpits of their friends..

[
So what does this tell us about alien abductions? That they aren't real. That they are intense psychedelic experiences, quite possibly brought on by a rapid release of endogenous D-MT.

edit on 22-7-2013 by ATSZOMBIE because: spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

There are many reports of mass hallucinations, most common are olfactory or auditive, you may already experienced one of those. The visual ones are the most complex ones but again people do not share the same experience (this is also true to day to day life, we experience life differently from each-others most of the time).

There are also other types of phenomena, even emotions, culture and other ways can and do shape perception. Consider your own understanding of the reality around you and now examine how much is not from direct experience from yourself.

From finding a icon on the side of a toast to an even like that reported in Fatima, there are many possible explanations at a various degrees of complexity and even relevancy.

top topics

join