It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "booms" occuring in Ventura, CA and vicinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I live in Ventura, Ca, and have been noticing something extremely weird in the past few months. Occuring mostly in the morning hours, right up until 2-3 p.m., I, amongst several others, have been hearing strange, quiet "Booms" in the sky. Be it in our homes, or outside, they happen infrequently, and they are unpredictable. When you are in the house, these "booms" sound like tiny sonic booms, or mini-quakes( no shaking occurs though) but oh, oh so faint. They can also be compared to small explosions, but faint, still. When they happen I witness lace curtains on my windows being slightly sucked towards the outdoors, then, releasing back to their normal resting position. They are powerful enough to rattle windows gently, and displace the air so much, that you will hear multiple booms in a 4-5 second period, and every door in the house will match the boom as it closes that 1/8th inch gap between the door and the door jam with the door closed. It will actually suck the doors towards the windows, and release them into the door jam in syncronicity with the booms. Im not saying they slam doors, but every door that is closed in the house with any free space to give to rattle while it is shut, will cooperate with the displaced air. When you are outside, it actually sounds like a distant rumbling, not like thunder, but more like thunder inside of a box, or hearing someone roll out there trash cans on trash night. I can't explain it, nothing around my neighborhood is happening when these take place as well. If you type in "strange booms" in google, you will get a wealth of information, nearly exactly what I am talking about. I am assuming that this is a secret aircraft flying high above breaking the sound barrier multiple times, but I can't say for sure. I'd like some info, and possibly an explaination. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ill go with geo-magnetic occurences, strange craft flying around, or hallucinations.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Google skyquake and tell me if that seems to be similar to your experience.

My first reaction-they are either cranking up the aurora or shooting test missiles from Vandenburg.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
1. Shuttle landings boom boom - we just had one a few weeks ago....
2. Air space corridor for supersonic flight (there is one near Edward's....)
3. Construction (pile driving noise, depending on weather, can travel a great distance)
4. Storms (lightning = thunder) and can be heard for quite a ways....
5. Earthquake/geo stuff. People swear you can hear low frequency stuff but I've never been able to. Granted, I live right off of Santa Monica Blvd., so that noise kinda drowns stuff out....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's definetly not a shuttle, I keep track of those things and it's not happening once every few weeks, its more like 4 times a week at random time slots. Vandenburg has missile launch schedules which I keep track of too, so I'm ruling that out as well... No contruction anywhere, but lookin' into a "skyquake" sounds much more promising. It could be low frequency, but it is always a distinct rumbling sound that is easy to hear, for me at least. The supersonic corridor sounds interesting as well, as Edwards is only a short 150 miles away I believe. In fact, it just happened right now as I'm typing this, it lasted maybe 5 seconds, and was again, a quite rumbling with no shaking involved, and the doors mimicked the rumbling with the displacement of air. Really weird stuff. I'm still researching...Thanks for the insight so far!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So far this is pretty accurate to what I am experiancing, I cannot tell direction in which it is coming from though.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I live in the country and hear the same thing from time to time. My husband say's it is the electric companies blasting for more poles. I always thought it was the underground boring machines.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I believe caltec busted the USAF a few years ago. I remember this story was in the LA Times...I think.

Caltec according to the story was registering small tremors going through Ventura county, between Oxnard and Ventura. They said that the tremors resemble other know vibrations caused by military aircraft. They believed that whatever it was was man made and traveling faster than the SR-71 but slower than the space shuttle, and didn't match any of the known aircraft signatures. They noticed that it happened every Wednesday once in the morning going outbound toward the pacific and once in the afternoon going inbound towards the desert.

So, they called the AF. I don't remember the reply the AF gave.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'll put money on the supersonic corridor....

I do not have a recent airway chart but I did when I flew gliders out that way in Llano (Pearblossom). That was freaky, there was also a low level MTR (Military Training Route) right under the glider area and jets would come screaming in below you. That sure upped the pucker factor but that route was not the supersonic one....

The supersonic MTR is basically a rectangular box up in the air where supersonic flight is OK'd 24/7/365 and given Edwards and the work and research that goes on there, I bet that is the culprit....

You could pop by the USGS quake sites and look for activity on the charts in the area, especially when you notice the events. That would at least give some corroboration as to the event and their times....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
I'll put money on the supersonic corridor....

You could pop by the USGS quake sites and look for activity on the charts in the area, especially when you notice the events. That would at least give some corroboration as to the event and their times....

That's a really good idea, I will most likely keep a record of when I hear these in the future, set up a time table, look for patterns, and check the usgs for additional information. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
dude crazy thing is..I hear them to here in upstate new york.This is no joke,i joke about it with my gf saying they are prepairing us for war heh..

But ya man i swear i hear them to,they arent super loud,they sound like a fire work and are sparatic not times or whatever.But it has been happening for about 1 month now and i have no effin clue what it is.Nothing ever in the paper about them.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I also have heard similar sounds in the middle of the night quite a few times, here in London.

I always wondered what the hell is was!!? It sounds kind of like a missle, but not quite, its more like a whole bunch of scaffoldings, or bins or metal objects falling all over the place.

One time it was so loud and was on for over a minute, so I opened the window, and was suprised at how loud it was, I couldnt tell from what direction it was coming from, it sounded like it was coming from everywere, the odd thing was it was very windy, but when the sound stopped the wind calmed down, may be coucidence, who knows, what is it ???!

[edit on 28-7-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
yea man,mine start around 6pm and continue through the night and cut out around 5 am.its crazy someone else made a thread about them because i figured it was some guy with way way way to many fireworks and he set them off everyday lol.

No but for real anyone else hearing these booms?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I live in Ventura and have heard what sounded like a sonic boom followed by low audible sort of mechanical sounds that are hard to figure out if its underground or out toward the ocean. Then this morning around 5am was woken up to what i thought was an earthquake but it sort of sounded rhythmic.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SpadeofAces

Do you think it could be coming from Pt. Mugu?

Its worth looking into past cases around the country and determining if there is any sort of military base in the vicinity that it could be equated to.

I live In Santa Barbara and haven't heard anything and i live right on the coast line as well.

805!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

I just heard this same set of strange booms- exactly as others described from Channel Islands Harbor. Booms seemed to originate from further up the coast. However, while this was happening I saw a series of flashes coming from same general area.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ive been hearing these too for the last few years. It’s almost always just after midnight for me , lasts just a few seconds but it shakes the windows in the house , similar to what semi trucks do when they pass behind our house . Located in midtown Oxnard and it sounds like it’s someehere above in the sky. I’ve been searching high and low for information on this since 2015 but no luck until today. After reading the replies I’m sure it has to do some kind of plane flying out of mugu...
edit on 5-11-2018 by Gnarjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Anything like this @1:10
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
HASSC has been very active the last couple weeks. Some days there have been multiple aircraft running it.

top topics

join