It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Tunnel Boring Machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why would the Air Force need a tunnel boring machine?

www.sauderzone.com...

sauderzone.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This topic covered before so it would be nice if you linked to that discussion.

I think they need them because the secret government and the secret military are now underground.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Basically, they don't use one any longer. It had been used, yes, but it's cheaper to lease/hire a construction company with one of those things than it is to have one and trot it out every decade or so to crunch rock.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Nice clear pic there. Very good reference, particularly in conjunction with the information from the tunnelling thread that exists elsewhere on the board.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave Why would the Air Force need a tunnel boring machine?
To make ICBM silo's and access tunnels? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Why would the Air Force need a tunnel boring machine?

they need to prepare for the surface becoming unihabitable. they are building an underground network of tunnels connecting underground cities.
the last four or five days i've been hearing the low rumble i hear sometimes. i can't think of anything to explain it except these subterranean projects. sometimes the thrum is steady and then sounds like a big truck which has switched gears into neutral. it is definitely mechanical.
i'd rather leave this existance than live in a hole.
the rand corporation makes these machines. reminds me of 'atlas shrugged'. the intellectual elite construct their own city, hidden from the rest of the world while it burned.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why would the Air Force need a drilling machine?
good question, but they have them.

This is one question that has brought me to this site. The more I learn, the more I realize that there is some stuff going on by our government that just might scare me.

new topics

top topics

join