It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien abductions, the human soul, and its limit on our technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
But, is not a desire for self-preservation still a desire?

Simply, no. It's an instinct.

Instinct: 1. An inborn pattern of behavior that is characteristic of a species and is often a response to specific environmental stimuli: the spawning instinct in salmon; altruistic instincts in social animals.
2. A powerful motivation or impulse.

3. An innate capability or aptitude: an instinct for tact and diplomacy.

Source.......

So, as stated above, the instinct of Self Preservation can motivate a species, and is a inborn pattern of ingrained behavior. Not a desire, not a emotion.

I can see why you'd want to think that, but it's just not so.

X

**********************EDIT********************************

Oh and IMHO Lex:

The staff here can handle thread placement situations quite well. But thanks for interjecting on behalf of all members!!

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Xatnys]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I heard the Greys are biological androids and eyes that have infared technology, according to a Rosewell Doctor. It could be that they were created by the Draconians (Reptillians) to do their bidding.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That's y the all look the same, have weird like skin-suit, and have no sex organs.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If they do exist, and I mean intelligent beings flying in our atmosphere, heres my take on all it. There are a countless number of stars in the Milky Way...right? Ok, so lets say there millions upon millions of stars within the Milky Way, and lets add the solar systems within that. That roughly gives you a good chance of there being life in the Milky Way, besides ourselves. Lets also go the extra mile and add 'traveling at the speed of light' so that whoever is intelligent, may traverse, at least, our Milky Way. Some of these stars, are millions of years older, giving reason to suggest that civilization, should they exist, are as old, making them much older than us.

Therefore, as the topic creator opined: Why are they more prominent?
Well, a lot of people think that they are just observing, like humans come and go observing penguins for example, in desolate places. They observe....but why is it now more prominent than ever? Well, its hard to say if theyve been coming for centuries or not, if they have at all, but it seems to be becoming more prominent for a reason. Is it because our world is closer to destructing itself, or posing problems in space than it ever has before? Some have suggested, like Steven Greer, that they are concerned about what we're doing with nuclear weapons and the like. But why...what would they know? Well, IF such a race exists, who is intelligent enough to travel at the speed of light...then we can assume its "observations" are very thorough, and it understands more than we give it credit for.

Thats if they exist of course.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I knew a bunch of abductees (all taken at the same time) who said the aliens (greys) that took them were "full of love" and they had tears in their eyes when they told me. Their experience/s involved lots of things, including large black triangular craft. Also, a red-haired human (doctor?) who I've since read, has cropped up in a lot of other abduction stories. This emotion thing - has anyone ever been in hospital or similar when the folk dealing with you have treated you like a "thing"? i.e. no emotion or seemed not to care. Perhaps the "aliens" are just doing their jobs and are just going through the process of dealing with you and getting it over with. That can seem quite emotionless.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Speaking as a long-time researcher and interested party, I have the following hybrid hypothesis about aliens in general. (I post a warning that given I'm highly medicated right now after a bad night, some sentences may make little sense, and some spelling and grammar may be wrong, I will return when the stuff has worn off and correct what I can see is wrong, please excuse me in the mean time):

I consider some of William Michael Motts theories as true, but also that Biblical (and earlier mythos and cults of those of EA Enlil/Enki were related, speaking, as coming from a reasonably devout Christian here) and later tales merge into one - I think the people controlling us ARE THE ALIENS.

So, in essence, these things have always been a part of the Earth, they live underground (hence their prevalence in 'joint-built military complexes' in places like New Mexico in the underground structures built by people like the late Phil (Schnider) or perhaps most who shun humans live naturally in specifically created areas INSIDE the earth. I think this is the alien using human labour to make free alien housing.

It is partly a contention of mine that their society is one of the 'causes' of gravity in that they have a technology, either taken from the middle of the Earth or made by them and put there (I cannot prove this, this is a hunch) that is the cause of gravity on the surface. Similar items exist on other planets (may be natural magnets or such that the aliens just use). I believe in a partially Hollow Earth theory, but I also believe that science cannot comprehend the soul, and even things such as Gaia (Earth) have a soul and a body that can be hurt or corrupted (current world weather f.e.)

Aliens have been here for a LONG time, they were the ancient Indian people's who were wiped out, they were the builders of Babylon, they made the cities of Gold in America - but they were absolutely like us in almost every way. They disobeyed God and they were cast down into Scheol (Hell, Earth which as you descend gets hotter nearer the core). Some daemon/aliens are allowed to roam free, some are chained under the waters, in the earth etc until they will be judged. God's original creation was a disappointment to him, he sent the floods and possibly other means of annhailation to wipe them from the earth but some survived by going underground (or were sent there by God).

Eventually God decided to try again with us and we became his 'firm favorites'. Eventually God will get really mad and then return to Earth for a bit of a battle royale between him and his new humans, against the Nephilim and other assorted monstrosities he's created over the millenia.

So, to sum it up easily I believe:

Aliens=Daemons=Interdimensional Travellers/Hollow Earth Survivors. They are in subtle yet persuasive and ever binding, ways entwined together for eternity; they are one and they are legion.

If that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Aside from all the soul and spirit mumbo-jumbo or the hollow-earth stuff to which I cannot and will not relate, if you ask why the aliens seem to be technologically more advanced than us, i would suggest the most likely answer is time. If we, for arguments sake, assume they are from Zeta-Reticulum as is often claimed, this pair of stars is, according to newest research, a BILLION (10^9) years older than our sun. Now if we assume that evolution works along the same lines all over the universe, imagine how far ahead they must be. there are red dwarf systems with high enough metallicity (for astronomers everything above helium is metal) to support life that are as much as SIX BILLION years older than sun, imagine how far advanced, not only technologically, beings from there could be, compared to us.

[Edit: Typos]

[edit on 28-7-2007 by casketizer]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by casketizer
Aside from all the soul and spirit mumbo-jumbo or the hollow-earth stuff to which I cannot and will not relate, if you ask why the aliens seem to be technologically more advanced than us, i would suggest the most likely answer is time. If we, for arguments sake, assume they are from Zeta-Reticulum as is often claimed, this pair of stars is, according to newest research, a BILLION (1^9) years older than our sun. Now if we assume that evolution works along the same lines all over the universe, imagine how far ahead they must be. there are red dwarf systems with high enough metallicity (for astronomers everything above helium is metal) to support life that are as much as SIX BILLION years older than sun, imagine how far advanced, not only technologically, beings from there could be, compared to us.

Yes, I do realize that they are much likely older and therefore would have far superior technology. What I was referring to was the motivation factor that one would have if he had no emotional drive; where humans would be technologically if we had no emotions.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I would think that our emotions rather boost our technological progress than hinder it. Most inventors are pretty emotional about their brain-childs, some even more than about their real children.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
But, some of the world's 'greatest' discoveries have been made by people without any sort of remorse or other emotion and that's why, they seem to have become less of a human (or maybe more so), and lost those parts which MAKE US HUMAN so their experiments were to other humans, unorthodox, unnatural and cruel. Yet they produced some fine results, and ask yourself, would you have killed all those German scientists if it had been up to you, or would you let them into the country via Paperclip?

Germany, who had very little in the way of morales and dogma was a leader in research because NOTHING was unnatural, NOTHING was disallowed, they could do what they like.

It does seem like the greys - mutilating humans, animals, no anaesthetic, etc, almost like they CAN'T care rather than WON'T.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
But, some of the world's 'greatest' discoveries have been made by people without any sort of remorse or other emotion and that's why, they seem to have become less of a human (or maybe more so), and lost those parts which MAKE US HUMAN so their experiments were to other humans, unorthodox, unnatural and cruel. Yet they produced some fine results, and ask yourself, would you have killed all those German scientists if it had been up to you, or would you let them into the country via Paperclip?

Germany, who had very little in the way of morales and dogma was a leader in research because NOTHING was unnatural, NOTHING was disallowed, they could do what they like.

It does seem like the greys - mutilating humans, animals, no anaesthetic, etc, almost like they CAN'T care rather than WON'T.

And those are exactly the points I was trying to convey.
Limiting emotion may very well be the "antidote" for technological suppression, but comes at the expense of spiritual progression.

[edit on 8/1/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I believe that EVERY living creature has a soul. Be it human or EBE or insect or animal. The soul is the electricity that flows through our bodies. The sparks that fire in the brain. Souls have different levels of advancement. I believe that incarnating as a Human on planet Earth is one of the harder existences to choose BECAUSE of all the emotions that humans are capable of experiencing. Having to learn to control and deal with these emotions is a hell of a ride. Those who wish to advance their spiritual lessons at a faster pace choose to incarnate as a Human. I believe we choose our incarnations. You may have lived on a different planet in a previous life. Your soul may have occupied a non-human body before.

Please read the book entitled "Journey Of Souls". It's the most fascinating book I've ever read. It researches the SOUL and it's existence. I'm not here to be "knocked" around because of my beliefs. Notice I began my reply with "I believe", not "I know".

We all believe in something. Just because our beliefs may be different, it doesn't mean we have to mean to one another. Although sadly....that is usually the case with us Humans.

One Love. Eventually.....One Soul.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join