It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Could Happen in 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well I continue to read piles of information on 2012 and what may transpire, now I would like to share with all of you what I think could happen.

I have read some interesting theories but here is mine, loss of everyone’s memories, let me explain.

Most of us know that in 2012 we are reaching a galactic alignment that only occurs once every 26,000 years, which is extremely significant. My particular theory was hashed out long before the Net was established, so I will do the best I can to remember it, but I think I am starting to forget it a bit.

It goes like this our minds are like computer hard drives saving data, memories, and everything else we experience in life, also this theory goes a bit further and adds genetics into the mix, but I will stick with memory for now.

Now many of you know the theories of polar shifts, possible loss of gravity, earth’s rotation stopping, etc....now what if in all of this shifting that are human minds are just like hard drives, and a major shift wipes clean, reformats, or erases all data in our memories?

Think about it, whales are losing their ways in the oceans; bees seem to have a difficult time finding their way back to hives worldwide, and what if these precursors are indicators like the canaries that the miners used to use? What if certain species are more sensitive than we are?

Can you imagine an entire society not remembering a damn thing, words not looking familiar, or anything for that matter just a blank slate, like a bunch of Alzheimer’s patients but on a global scale? We would have to learn all over again or maybe not.

Here is where my genetics theory kicks into play, now many on this site know about inactive DNA or some call it junk DNA because science doesn’t know what it is for or does. What if, in this loss of magnetics those DNA were all activated and contained latent means of higher communication to universal database, kind of like us going from dial up to wide open fiber optics and going from an intranet to a WWW or Universal Web. So our unlearning old ways would make way for our new learning, receiving and communicating with all. I have coined it “The Universal Degauss”, an opening up of a universal channel to all information everywhere, in the entire universe, on every level. Now how is that for a theory?

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory,we all know bee's & certain animals are more sensitive to there suroundings than humans are.what if they sense somethings coming i don't know but alot of weird animal activity lately.

As for the mind-hardrive threory..i think that is very possible,i've always thought that so called aliens are infact us in millions of years time visiting ourselvesbut with limited knowledge of earth due to a mind crash of somesort..my memory is alot worse now than it was 3 0r 4 years ago

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
*reaching frantically for a pen and paper to record everything i know before 2012*

Terrifying but good theory - especially the aliens. If there's one thing that modern physics has taught us, its that the universe is already basically totally screwed - and that the unexpected should be considered thoroughly routine.

Think how hard it is for those in paradise ranch to develop antigravity technology when noone (in the public domain at least) has ever developed a fully correct and proven theory about the properties of space, time and gravity. Some people even claim that gravity is a pushing force now, not a pull... difficult times... and if we lose our memories well have to learn it all over again!

As for polar shifts, i cant help but wonder what effect if any they would have on 'normal' computer systems themselves...

Or it could just be more 'millenium of death' hysteria of course, i do not pretend to know...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i had thought of this happening, that is why i decided to write a time line, with certain events that changed my perception on live, also with notes on what kind of person i was like and stuff. And i am going to put pictures in there.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You've got a vivid imagination.

Animals that migrate are more sensitive to Earth's magnetic field. When the Sun spits out a flare and Earth is in the path of it, that animal sense gets fuzzy. It'd be like big thunderstorms passing through your city for a week, making things a bit harder. The more serious the storm, the harder it'd get to deal with.

I don't understand how our solar system's alignment with the center of the galaxy is going to stop Earth's rotation, or flip our magnetic poles. Any gravitational effects would be felt over a much larger time-scale, probably tens of thousands of years.

I've read A LOT about 2012, and it's fluff. Just the next end of days on the list.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
yes ive been meaning to ask - we had the millenium, now this; What's the next date on the list for serious peril of mankind after 2012?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Really does it matter if the world will end in 2012, all out world war next week or you get hit by a bus tomorrow? Live everyday as if it is your last.Period.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I happen to know what will happen in 2012, London will have the olympics, well still lose and people will still hate the awful logo we gave it. then we'll live the rest of the year with people still complaing about global warming; we'll get to christmas and the end of the world will have been re-scheduled for 20 years later.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's a very interesting theory, anything is possible I suppose. I think whatever it may be, something has to be changed if you look at the big picture. If humanity will not take the steps to change what it is meant to be; I believe.. the world will reset itself. It's inevitable, if not 2012 in the years to come after.. unless there was a mind blowingly shifted change.

My belief is that the purpose of all humanity in the the universe, inhabits here for a reason, and I think that reason is to self evolve in to something deeper than humanity or any other word for that matter. banding together in full conciousness wouldn't save anything but ourselves, that would be nothing more than anything we needed. Being saved from anything of anything that could be of physical or any other danger.

"Knowledge cannot spring up by any other means than the inquiry: "Who am I?" -Shankara

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Has any body ever thought this? Now it's not researched or anything but the mayans predicted this first right? now we're suppose to die in 2012. Well like 99% of all of their technology was based off of astrology and planets and such. Purhaps there could be an astroid or something that would circle back during this time. Dunno, just throwing it out there

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The solar system could be sucked into a black hole. It is already closing in on the horizon, explaining the heating of the solar system.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
this is just a thought that might make a little sense if you think about it, i dunno. you know how scientists, enviromentalsits, politics-people, and mostly all important people (other than celebrities) are worried about global warming? well what if (this is just a thought) because were approaching the galaxie's equator and the solar-system is heating up, then mabey, just MAYBE the earth is heating up too! i think that mabey once we pass the equator we'll start to cool down again and experience a ice age.
*goes and gets sled*
i dunno i dont really belive in this stuff i belive that theres some big guy up there called god or somethin like that and that despite what them scientists are tellin us about how tha'd be impossible i figure that most of the crap they tell us is from theories that have as much of chance at being wrong as being right. i think there is a heaven and that we should always forgive&repent, and go to a church that gets our spirits up.(not the borring ones with hyms and procesions that make you want to sleep) I belive you should try to do good even if you sometimes mess up, and that you should give to homeless people alot. i also belive in ghosts, the abnormal, and that the goverment has alot of advanced "toys" and that theyve already cloned humans. i belive in heaven you can fly with wings. thats what i belive.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
The solar system could be sucked into a black hole. It is already closing in on the horizon, explaining the heating of the solar system.

wheres the proof big boy? and if we were being sucked in there would be cooling because its a black hole sucking in everything including heat.

and to the OP your theory would make a great book. im no saying its bad just that its out there.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
ya i think 12/21/2012 is what the mayans say it is. A rebirth of the earth, a great cosmic alignment with the "dark rift" or blackhole. The mayans have some supernatural sense of astrological accuracy, that can't just be written off as a good guess.

But the point is the focus shouldn't be too much about 2012. It should be about gettin there. when we get to 2012 we'll see if it really is a doomsday or a ceasefire from the events bout to happen. We have a lot more troubles coming that are just about as bad. Think yellowstone, the cali quake, east coast tsunami, atomic war, another flu outbreak, comet, pole shift, great depression (already beginning). One of these is bad enough, 2 would create utter chaos, and 3 would be armageddon type scenarios.

top topics

join