It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This A Picture Of?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have been a lurker here on ATS for quite sometime. I've never had much of anything to help anyone with and don't have any great knowledge on any of the subjects here. I wanted to learn as much as I could before posting so I could be an honest-great contributor to the site. However, after catching this picture on a friends facebook page, I couldn't wait to post this.

I may not have anything here, but I'm hoping I do. This is from a festival in Caddott, WI called Rock Fest. Tons of bands, people partying, you know the norm for these types of things. I've emailed her about this picture is particular and she doesn't know what it is. She's known for taking pictures of absolutely nothing, but this time I think I'm glad she does it. Take it for what it's worth, I have in no way altered this picture, I wouldn't even know how to if I wanted. It's on Facebook also, and I can give the URL for that if needed. I believe you can look at it there even without an account. Anyways here's the picture, I'm hoping it's something important.

I hope I did this right. If not immediatelly contact me so I can fix whatever I've screwed up.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No offense, but that could be anything. Bird, plane, blimp, balloon, kite .. et?
definitely a UFO as of right now lol

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No offense taken sir.

I understand it could be anything, as it is at a huge festival with a ton of people. I just wanted to throw it on here to see if it was anything important. If it turns out it's absolutely nothing.... back to lurk mode I go.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
maybe a plane,bird or anything i would class it as a ufo because it is unidentified and is a flying object

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Openears no reason to lurk.

We might growl but we don't bite. It's nice to have people that try to capture pictures, we all need to work together.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is only 604 by 453, which is an odd resolution. The EXIF data is pretty sparse. We would need the original image to be able to say anything whatever, but right now it looks like a bird to me. I've inadvertantly photographed lots of birds, some of them moving in ways I didn't expect.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
disownedsky,

I will be in contact with the person who took this picture. I'm guessing if it's an odd resolution that Facebook must obviously change it to fit their pages. I'll see what I can do for you sir, I'd like to find out exactly what it is, even if it's a bird.

I'm hoping it's a UFO, obviously everyone hopes that they've got a picture of one. Even more important to me however, is to use this as a studying guide as to what to look for in other pictures, to find information so I can add to many more discussions on ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Congratulations, it's a UFO. You don't know what it is, and there's not enough information in the photo for us to figure out what it is.

What it probably is, however, is a bird. Here are a few reasons why:

1) Digital cameras are notorious for generally having ridiculously slow electronic shutter speeds. That has a tendency to blur anything moving relatively fast through the frame, including birds.
2) The shape is roughly saucer-shaped, and that it typical of the way blurred birds show up in photos. Just glance through any batch of bird or flock images on Google and you'll see what I mean.
3) The person generally doesn't notice it when they take the picture. Now, this can either mean that the UFO had a cloaking device that was foiled by a simple digital camera, or that something common zipped through so fast the photographer just didn't notice it, partially because it was fast, and partially because it was so common -- like, I don't know -- a bird.

Internet UFO sites have been flooded with these kinds of photos, none of which have had any other characteristics that might identify them as a strange or extraordinary UFO sighting. No aliens, no time loss, no traces, no artifacts, no electrical interference, no nuthin'.

Of course, if you or anybody else wants to believe this is a photo of a rare UFO carrying aliens from another planet, please feel free. I have no idea what you would base that belief on other than your own expectations, but I'm not the Thought Police. Some people feel belief is more comforting than not knowing.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi OpenEars! Great handle.

I liked your comments about contributing. Admirable, well done. Do not feel intimidated - you are a member in good standing equal in privilege and responsibility. Be patient; some days you're the "windshield" and other days you're the "bug". I like the word "honest".

You mention that the source for this photo is a friend, perhaps see if you can get in touch with that person and perhaps run a "quickie" interview?

A "picture" is often worth many words, but sometimes the words within a witness testimony can provide the "bigger picture" in resolutions of a manner that a photo can not. One geniune account can be well-worth the audit so don't forget to pay the tax of documentation. I like the word "study" too.

You haven't "screwed anything up" to my way of thinking but rather begun the process of "unbolting" and inspecting the component parts of truth.

I can only speak for myself, but another few thousand folks coming forward here in the same spirit as you have and AboveNetworks LLC grass-roots-user content generation and data "clearing house" will allow the "Amigos-Three in 21 C" to become a true paragon for "the fourth estate" - x10, x3, xNext.

Cheers OpenEars,
and

Vic

[edit on 25-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi openears!

if it's any consolation i'm a bit of a lurker as well, nice image by the way
although i'm not entirly sure what it is, it's very hard to tell. I'm not convinced it was anything to do with the slow shutter speeds of digital camera's though, because the only part of the image thats blurred or out of focus is the item in the air! When i use my Digital Camera if there's movement in the picture at all, it's seems to 'drag' the moving object across the image if you catch my drift.

Very hard to tell what it is exactly though, although like suicidevirus said it's probably a bird..

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
For some reason I think this photo was from the film in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Not sure why I think that, maybe the layout of the stands is similar or something, but for some reason that video came to mind immediately when I saw this photo.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm this as the video is now gone.

[edit on 7/26/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I must say that the expressions on the faces of people there don't hint towards anything unusual in the sky.(provided that ufo lasted more than 10 sec before clicking the pic).
Personally it looks like a bird to me, because flying birds tend to look like that in pics.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Congratulations! None of us know what it is, therefore it is a UFO! (or Unidentified Flying Object) It seems that the acronym has [mistakenly] become ubiquitous with the definition of "alien craft".

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
its swamp gas, a natural atmospheric phenomenon

top topics

join