It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it's true there is a masonic conspiricy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I read alot on ATS about freemasonry. From hidden secrets kept from most members, to a sub-rosa cabal bent on world-wide domonation.

So what if a masonic conspiricy exisited and where exposed? What difference would it make? How would the lives of average people be affected?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That, my friend, depends on what the goals of the Masons are-a subject of hot debate.

Personally, I believe Masonry is highly beneficial, seeing as both the French Revolution and the American one were inspired by it (in my opinion), though you will find many differing viewpoints on the morality and goals of Masonry.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Of course there is a conspiracy. A group of people who discuss what they would like the world to be like, then work toward that goal.

In every church.
In the Democratic and Republican Parties.
In all major corporations.
In every family.
In every Town Hall Meeting.

Oh, yeah, in the Masons, too.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
True, SV, but the masons have had more influence than all of those you mentioned, except perhaps the Catholic Church.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
True, SV, but the masons have had more influence than all of those you mentioned, except perhaps the Catholic Church.

Can you give some specific (or even general) examples of where Masons have exerted their oh-so-powerful influence, not depending on the American or French Revolutions to make your point? Even in those cases (and to a lesser degree in the case of the French), it was the individual Masons who were influential, not the fraternity itself.

I swear if you mention P2 I'm going to throw up.

I just don't see all this influence, unless you count the positive influence the fraternity has on its members in their daily lives, which, by the way, is the point. It's supposed to influence you to improve yourself.

[edit on 7/25/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Uber- Are you saying that Masons currently as a whole organization have more power than the 2 main US political parties or the super rich heads of corporations? No way man that is crazy.

There might be a few men of power who happen to also be masons but that is not related to masonry in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If the conspiracy is true, then join them now. But because the Freemasons are similar to the Lions club, or the Rotory Club, you have nothing to worry about.

The Freemasons were a guild of masons that met each other like many people do, to have a good time. Soon they worked together, like a large union, but now that union accepts men from all trades. Outsiders that are afraid to join say the Freemasons are evil, trying to take over the world, similar to what the Catholic Chruch did not long ago.

Now, intelligent people who can read are finding out why the Freemasons are no threat, but they all ignore the real danger.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The masons say they are innocent of all these consiracy theories that are attributed to them. But who knows, maybe there is a bit of truth to them. The conspiracies must have started from somewhere, and could be based on partial truth. Well, we will just have to wait and see if the masons actually do take over the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe you are mislabeling the phenomenon you call a masonic conspiracy.

It is a fact of life that a small percentage of the people in America (and the world for that matter) hold a large amount of the wealth and power. Is it accurate to label these people "masons" or "illuminati?" Do these people really meet in top secret meeting chambers? Or do they appear secretive because different socio-economic classes do not mingle with eachother? Furthermore, are odd behaviors observed by the wealthy really secret satanic rituals, or just quirky behavior that all groups exhibit?

Also, do the decisions and actions that members of this group make and take constitute a conspiracy? Granted these people are going to take care of their interests, and those interests may conflict with other groups' interests, but are they truly working in unison to conduct some nefarious plot> Could it be possible they are working against eachother, i.e. competing against eachother, to some degree? Could it also be possible that they have some sort of benevolence and are willing not to fully flex their power for the sake of the "little people?" Perhaps they are not motivated by altruism when they voluntarily curb their power, but rather they realize that they stand at the top of a pyramid which is bolstered by the "little people" and that their position depends largely and the well being of the "little people?"

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigred1000
So what if a masonic conspiricy exisited and where exposed? What difference would it make? How would the lives of average people be affected?

There are two possible scenarios here:

1. Millions of men over hundreds of years have kept this information secret, weaving a staggeringly complex web of deceit and misinformation on the rest of the world. Throughout this whole time, and with all these people involved, there is no hard evidence than anything is happening. Not one freemason, including those who have left for religious reasons and are vehemently anti-masonic, have leaked any aspect of this conspiracy.

2. A small group of people have, over time, used the Craft as cover for nefarious activities without a single excluded member being aware of it. There is no obvious mechanism for promotion into this group, no disgruntled masons who failed to make the cut, no widespread disappearance of freemasons who are 'near the top' and became aware of its evil purpose.

There is one massive contradiction going on which is so big that no-one seems to have noticed it.

If scenario (2) is true, then why is SECRECY cited as a reason for harboring this 'evil elite' when the day-to-day freemasons who meet IN SECRET in lodges have nothing to do with the conspiracy? But if the SECRECY of the freemasons is nothing to do with the presence of the 'evil elite' then why on earth did they chose the freemasons to hide inside in the first place?

But how could scenario (1) realistically be true?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well said Trinityman.

I'm afraid that my Lodge does have a secret....

It's my secret hiding place, as when its my turn to buy a round of drinks no-one can find me!

top topics

join