It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming as an observer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Seems like more often then not I have dreams where I am just an observer. Like I'm not actually in the dream, no one talks to me or takes notice of me I just observe. I can freely move about the room or atmosphere the dream takes place in and zoom in on anything i want. Very much like a camera man on a movie set but even more complex and advance.

Does anyone else have these types of dreams? Where you're kind of just "observing" what's going on in your dream.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have had those a few times its just like im lurking around.. maybe its how i really feel that no one sees me? haha nah im not all emo like that. but maybe deep down inside my subconcious wants to keep it low key
its a weird feeling..sometimes ihave some where i can't move and no one sees me though its weird.!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would say about half of my dreams are like that. Almost like i'm watching a movie or something, i'm not there at all, just watching this scene play out in front of me. I started having dreams like this once i began learning lucid dreaming, where you can influence your dreams and change them at will.

You should do some research on lucid dreaming, so you can train yourself for it. It's good stuff. Sounds like you're a natural.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Cyfre, the dreams i described in my OP usually are vivid and more lucid then a typical dream. I have been working on my lucid dreaming for a few months now and im finally starting to see results.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That's good, Phantom. Lucid dreaming really is the first step to knowing yourself and having more command over your own consciousness. We know so little about the conscious mind.

The more you practice, i think the more you'll become aware of the connection between the physical world and the world inside your head. It's so important to explore in any way we know how.

Once you've got good command over your lucid dreaming, see about applying it to other things. You'll be more in tune with yourself, more easily able to slip into a state where your mind is more apt to accept things not so familiar. You may find you're able to learn easier, remember more, influence your world in subtle ways you didn't think possible.

Let's put it this way. I see my world in a much different way than I did, and it all started with lucid dreaming. Today, i put my trust "out there" and only get good things back.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
cyfre, great advice

and im beginning to get in tune with myself through my dreams and mediation.

i have a pretty good idea about what you're talking about but am not a master by any means

i like to think of myself as an apprentice of the dream world

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
Seems like more often then not I have dreams where I am just an observer. Like I'm not actually in the dream, no one talks to me or takes notice of me I just observe. I can freely move about the room or atmosphere the dream takes place in and zoom in on anything i want. Very much like a camera man on a movie set but even more complex and advance.

Does anyone else have these types of dreams? Where you're kind of just "observing" what's going on in your dream.

I have dreams similar to this, except I can see myself as well...like I'm watching a TV show that I'm in...however I'm still in control of my "onscreen self". When I say I'm "in control" I don't mean like lucid dreaming or anything...for example, if someone were to whisper into my "onscreen self's" ear, I could still hear it, even though I'm seeing everything as if I'm just an onlooker. It's really kinda bizarre now that I sit here and think about it. lol

top topics

join