It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID cards issued in the City of Skull & Bones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

ID cards issued in the City of Skull & Bones

news.bbc.co.uk

New Haven - best known as the home of Yale University - is offering the cards to all its residents, including to some 12,000 undocumented immigrants.

City leaders say the plan will enable immigrants to open bank accounts and make them less vulnerable to crime.

But the ID card scheme, which comes as some other cities get tough on illegal immigrants, has also prompted protests.

Bill Farrel, of Southern Connecticut Citizens for Immigration Reform, said:...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Though these cards are only issued to immigrants, is this any surprise that the first city to issue the cards is New Haven?

It does make sense that immigrants would be the first to recieve ID cards. How are they going to complain? It's the first step.

Does this bother anyone else?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
Does this bother anyone else?

Yes. My question is, why do we need national ID cards? We have passports, driver's licenses and social security cards. Why do we need another? Don't get me started about the SS cards and their use today for identification.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Exactly.

The funny thing is, the SS card was meant to be a private personsal number given out and coveted by the recipient. But in today's global economy it's publicly displayed upon some state's temporary vehicle registration and numerous other documents that anyone could obtain. It would bother me more if I thought I actually had a chance of using social security when I'm older.

That's not to say that it doesn't bother me, but when they talk of gambling our SS away on the stock market, what can you do but shake your head and laugh at the people controlling it — which, might I mention, are not really that concerned because they don't even pay into it. They're lucky enough to collect a pension until they die. Some system, huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
which, might I mention, are not really that concerned because they don't even pay into it. They're lucky enough to collect a pension until they die. Some system, huh?

Not only that, but most (if not all) polititions have been born into money and won't need SS anymore than Bill Gates will. Why would they care about gambling away our SS?

But, back to the national ID card.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i hate this SS numbers are bad enough make me feel like a number in the system anf id cards would only make it worse

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Obviously it's just another NWO agenda. Ron Paul speaks up about this in one of his speeches in Texas. He says many states are opposing it and refuse to participate in it. People are waking up to the government's lies and "terrorist" propoganda. Unfortunately, Ron Paul only has 1% of the population behind him which is just about the percentage of people in this country that are fully aware of the NWO scheme and our constant loss of personal liberties. No doubt that if more people opened up their eyes to information available on this site, equally proportionate amounts of people would vote for Ron Paul.

[edit on 7/25/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I agree. I think Ron Paul is one of the few that could restore America to it's rightful state. I'm not sure where you got the percentage from, but I hope that's from an official national poll. Those rarely reflect the actual support and don't reflect the actual support of Ron Paul at all. Because many of his supporters are of a younger age group and don't have home phones to be polled by.

I think his support is greater than polls reflect, but I do agree that he is desperately in need of more national attention. Recently he's been on several national television and radio programs and I hope that will raise awareness. But, we can't rely on this. I think all of Mr. Paul's supporters need to chip in a little time and effort. Check out Meetup.com and see if your city or a city near you has a group in which you could lend a hand. Hopefully his campaign fund will grow by next year and he'll have the funding he needs to launch a legitimate Presidential Campaign.

The support he's received online is unprecedented, and hopefully we can keep that up.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
DUH !

I remember in Florida a few years ago at the DMV they had an extra line for illegal immigrants.

Sure enough, all those that were in that line were arrested and did not get their licenses.

Its just a way of "cleansing" the area, after all its Yale territory. IMO

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
wonder why its the BBC with the story, instead of a MSM news org. inthe US??

but there's the notion that this is the first distribution of a
National Identification Card--------Wrong.

its a City ID Card....

www.newhavenindependent.org...

...The new card will cost $10. for adults and $5. for children.
It would have a debit card limit of $150. [...]

~ very informative links in the article ~

This is not a National Identity card, but it could be a precurser to one,
New Haven might be the trial city for a year or so, to work out all the bugs about getting 'undocumented' aliens comfortable & un-threatened with 'registration'.

like the article points out, this City ID, s only for New Haven itself,
the card will have no authority or be recognized in any other place, city, state...

[keep the new Executive Order in mind, as it allows the Fed. to seize
assetts of anyone within the USA that creates havoc with war policies or interferes with supporting Iraq or the administration at large.

With illegals' carrying IDs that are tied to their residence status and a bank account...they will be just as vunerable as us U.S. citizens]

[edit on 25-7-2007 by St Udio]

join