It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Ark may have been a Spaceship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This story has been passed many generations and in many cultures. Isnt it possible the Ark was really a space ship to escape a dying planet? The Book of Noah explicitly specifies that "angels" (with extensive metallurgical skills) built the Ark. And if earth was destroyed they would need a new planet wouldnt they?

gen. 9-13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

From the book of Noah,

65.1 And in those days, Noah saw the earth had tilted, and that its destruction was near.

And here is some evidence the Ark was constructed by ET's also in the book of Noah,

65.6 . . . For they have learnt all the secrets of the Angels . . . and all their secret power, and all the power of those who practice magic arts, and the power of enchantments, and the power of those who cast molten images for all the earth

67.2 And now the Angels are making a wooden structure, and when the Angels come out from that task, I will put my hand on it, and keep it safe. And a change shall take place, so that the dry ground may not remain empty.

There was definetly some alien involvement with the Ark's construction.

Maybe a dinosaur inhabited planet was there only choice for escape from a doomed planet .
According to Genisis they floated for about a 150 days, isnt that about how long it takes us to make a trip to Mars? Mars is our sister planet.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well, Im open to the idea.
Definitely the ark is more than a boat that could hold every living creature - even if God put them in there 2 by 2.

As I posted elsewhere, its not to far fetched to think the ark is like the modern Norwegian project up near the artic circle (or in) - point is they are storing all kind of seeds, etc in case of natural disaster on the planet that they could start fresh.

Same with animals and the ark...put in dna samples (fly them from mars like you said) and start fresh on this planet...or whatever.)

Interesting indeed. Not sure when we will find out the truth - but there is more to the story in the bible being told, only the die hard evangelicals and perhaps those who are Christians because they have no other belief system believe in the literal story of Noahs ark. Even in Judaism, as I have posted many times here at ATS in this regards...it is known that Genesis is not to be taken at face value, and that there are levels of understanding the truth of what happened. So therefore its more transparent that its a parable - and if Christians note that Jesus spoke in parables, they wouldnt be so surprised that Genesis is a parable.

Anyway, good post, as its good to ponder these things to help one expand out of ones own mental prison.

as eckhart tolle said, people are basically possessed - by thoughts...they identify with thoughts, ideas, etc. while thinking they are the one who is 'living'.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
wow this is a great theory it does make sense too, i mean scientists did say that in the past mars had life on it and oceans and stuff and it was almost a second earth. One thing did intregue me was that noah said he saw the earth had tilted, i had the impression of a polar shift had happend and maybe that was what caused the destruction.

also it said

. . . For they have learnt all the secrets of the Angels . . . and all their secret power, and all the power of those who practice magic arts, and the power of enchantments, and the power of those who cast molten images for all the earth

does this mean the people of that earth or earth discovered how to build ships and stuff and how to use the power of the mind.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Only works if you believe the story of Noah's Ark does it not?

Bit of a non starter really, considering there is no evidence for either theory be it the biblical one or an alternative concerning space ships!

MR

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So, does that mean that we and the animals that went into the ark are from another planet but the animals that did not enter the ark (like the fish) and the plants are the descendants of the original Earth life?

Originally posted by earth2
From the book of Noah,

65.1 And in those days, Noah saw the earth had tilted, and that its destruction was near.

"My" version has it in a different way:

65.1. And in those days Noah saw the earth that it had sunk down and its destruction was nigh.

65.6 . . . For they have learnt all the secrets of the Angels . . . and all their secret power, and all the power of those who practice magic arts, and the power of enchantments, and the power of those who cast molten images for all the earth
I think that the part you did not post from this may be important.

Once again, what I have is this:
65.6. And a command has gone forth from the presence of the Lord concerning those who dwell on the earth that their ruin is accomplished because they have learnt all the secrets of the angels, and all the violence of the Satans, and all their powers--the most secret ones--and all the power of those who practice sorcery, and the power of witchcraft, and the power of those who make molten images for the whole earth:

But I think this is a good starting point to something I haven't studied yet.

PS: I got my version from The Internet Sacred Text Archive, one of my favourite sites.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Now this is a theory I like and have speculated on privately many times.

Yes its possible.

I would imagine if mankind manages to progress to interstellar travel we might send out a few arks of our own.

Don't think of creatures, think of embryo's, and test-tube breeding or selective cloning of DNA samples.

In fact, we've already done something similar with regard to plant life. Take a look here;

"Doomsday" vault design unveiled

That one is in the ground, but who's to say the next won't be in space?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Or maybe, just maybe, the flood stories stem from a real event, neither extra-terrestrial nor Biblical. About 12,000 years ago the Earth was coming off an Ice Age which had sucked up water into the north and south poles. There was an ice dam surrounding Hudson's Bay, which itself is a very old meteor/asteroid crater. The ice dam was higher than the melting water in the bay, and when it finally broke, the sea level rose several dozen feet in a day. This wiped out the sea-coast cities and set civilization back thousands of years. It accounts for the pervasiveness of the flood myths in many different cultures including especially India. It also accounts for the underwater buildings off the coast that still catch fishermen's nets. It was an early instance of 'Global Warming.'

This is nicely documented in Graham Hancock's Underworld; the mysterious origins of civilization. New York: Crown Publishers, 2002, 769pp.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Read "Ark of a Million Years" as it basically cover's all this and has some interesting concepts about the Physical Earth and the Spiritual Earth being 2 separate entities that merged with the Arrival of the Ark.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A dying plamet?? Mars is now dead. Could it be that the Bible is referring to a journey FROM Mars TO Earth? Would make a whole lot of more sense dont you think???

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

PS: I got my version from The Internet Sacred Text Archive, one of my favourite sites.

I think I found a new fav site. Thanks...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
A dying plamet?? Mars is now dead. Could it be that the Bible is referring to a journey FROM Mars TO Earth? Would make a whole lot of more sense dont you think???

Now that has got me thinking...

great theory, might explain some of the anomalies on that planet...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Had the Roman Empire not banned and burned thousands of books and sacred texts in order to enforce the Bible as "the word of God" we`d know so much more about our interplanetary, extraterrestrial and technologically advanced distant past. But the whole thing being totally supressed and misinterpreted we have to rely on the scant scraps here and there. the noahs ark passage is a good hint.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, if we did come here from Mars or where ever then the story would have been passed down through the ages.
And this is a magnificent story that could have morphed from a interplanetary journey into a flood story.

Think about this, if people had to pass this story down from generation to generation it would have been difficult to explain space travel for the later generations that had never seen space or spaceships, which would explain the story in Genesis.
Genesis was the best interpritation they could understand and visualize when they were recording the writings of Noah, so anything is possible.
And there sure was a lot of Angel activity and God communication going on.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Actually an old theory of mine.
(or one I read)

Possibly Atlantis (or something close to
that name) was what we call Mars.

When an ecological calamity loomed,
someone named Noah (or the society was
called Noah) started a re-birth project
which eventually landed on Earth.
(Maybe our Earth was called Ararat in
Atlantean).

Why do I feel like a Skunk ?

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Think about this, if people had to pass this story down from generation to generation it would have been difficult to explain space travel for the later generations that had never seen space or spaceships, which would explain the story in Genesis.
I disagree, they did not had the need to explain space travel as the Bible also does not explain the see travel when it talks about the ark, it just says (more or less, I don't have time to see it now) that it floated on the waters.

Do people need to know how a dragon flies to listen to a dragon story? Or how a werewolf changes from human to wolf to listen to a werewolf story?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

gen. 9-13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

Wrath of God

Balance

Serra Angels.

67.2 And now the Angels are making a wooden structure, and when the Angels come out from that task, I will put my hand on it, and keep it safe. And a change shall take place, so that the dry ground may not remain empty.

Cataclysm

It all reads like a white deck of Magic The Gathering cards to me...

Noah's Ark... The Bible... far out, where's the proof?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From what i understand, Noahs Ark is based upon a myth that comes from the times of Atlantis, and the great disaster that Atlantis is famous for. The idea is that someone was given knowledge on how to save various persons from the fate they knew was destined to happen. The ark itself being a metaphor for the "merkaba", which in this case was a technological construction, rather than the one which is available to each and every person.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Why do I feel like a Skunk ?

Do you smell funny?

On the point of passing the information down from generation to generation, not only would it be difficult to explain, but keep in mind how a gossip chain works.

The first time it's told, it's 100% accurate. As the story progresses, things are added or left out. That being the case, without original text documents, the story would be farther from the truth than one could possibly imagine.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This story has been passed many generations and in many cultures. Isnt it possible the Ark was really a space ship to escape a dying planet? The Book of Noah explicitly specifies that "angels" (with extensive metallurgical skills) built the Ark. And if earth was destroyed they would need a new planet wouldnt they?

The Book of Noah is a book of fiction. The Bible clearly tells about the Ark and the exact dimensions of it. It also says that Noah built the ark, not angels.

Of course, if one does not believe the Bible's account, then there is no reason to try and "explain" alternative variations to the story because it doesn't really go along with the original view that it never happened. If one believes it did happen, and that Noah indeed was directed by God to build a ship and then God lead the animals to the ship to be saved, along with Noah's family... I suppose you have to counter this with Aliens and Angels as a plausible alternative, but then one must explain where did the Aliens and Angels come from and how did they know a world-wide flood was forth coming?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't see how any of those biblical passages would make you say there was "definitely" Alien involvement.

And who in their right mind would make a spaceship out of wood? That makes no sense at all...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join