It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chertoff Predicts Simultaneous LA-San Francisco Dirty Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Someone I know attended a talk which Homeland Security Head Michael Chertoff gave today at the University of Southern California on port and supply-chain security and public infrastructure protection.

My contact reported to me today by email that Chertoff spoke about more "gut feelings" that he (Chertoff) has about a simultaneous Los Angeles / San Francisco dirty bomb attack that "our enemy is surely planning".

I've had a hunch for a long time that the next false flag attack will be on the West Coast, so that it seems that the whole country is under attack, and not just the East Coast.

src: prisonplanet.com...

Not a whole hell of a lot to go with here and it is a blog. However is Chertoff, aka the Grim Reaper, (does he not look like a side order of death?) warning of more possibilities and specifics here by naming locations. Given Samir Ait Mohamed's failed attempt years back to bomb LAX and the fact that the enemy would want to establish their point by hitting both coasts this has very serious implications.

brill

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My expectation if a false flag op dirty bomb incident is used would be Miami for a couple of reasons...

1. Less economic impact on the economy as a whole than crippling the port of L.A. where most of the Chinese made Walmart stuff comes into the country.

2. The prevailing winds blow to the east and so the fallout would have an impact on a much smaller percentage of the population than if the west coast were hit and the fallout drifted across the entire lower 48 from there.

3. The end result (terrorizing the public into submission) would be just as great but with far less direct impact results.

Just my 2 cents.

AncientMariner

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It looks like 'THEY' have picked out the best targets already

On Wednesday, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security designated the Bay Area as one of the six urban regions in the country most at risk for terrorist attacks.

He said the Bay Area was placed in the top tier, along with New York/New Jersey, Los Angeles/Long Beach, Chicago, Houston and the National Capital Region.

www.nbc11.com...

So, is this saying I am safe in Florida? I don't need to pack my bags?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They are using some fuzzy logic here...

How do they go about "designating" area's most at risk, when, if you think about, the only way they'll know they're at risk is if they are aware of a plot.

Ergo, if they are aware of a plot, they can stop it, thus, no risk.

If they are not aware of a plot, then they cannot know if an area is at risk, thus, be unable to designate it as such...

See what I mean?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This "FULL SCALE EXERCISE" doesn't say where it will be held, maybe a national one?

TOPOFF 4 involves a two-year cycle of seminars, planning events, and exercises that culminate in a Full-Scale Exercise to take place on October 15-24, 2007.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Holy Misdirection Batman!

Chertoff is using his "gut" to make predictions again, but i don't buy it. He wants us all to be looking at the West Coast, meanwhile the false flag will happen somewhere else.

In the event that something did happen at SF/LA then the public would go nuts over the fact that the Govt knew something but did nothing to prevent the attacks. This is why it must happen somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Never Fear! The Governator is Here!

If a "Bomb", dirty or otherwise were to go off anywhere in "Kalifone-ya", you can bet "Ahnold' would be bashing doors and taking heads in D.C. within 24 hours.

Could even Cheney, "The Prince of Evil" himself, stand up to Governor Cyborg in full "Kill" mode?

Seriously, though, Chertoff's (rather ample) gut "feeling" Does bear consideration on at least One point:

Our DHS Director seems to be implying that, as I have said on these forums past, that we should be wary of an attack centered upon one of our sea-port cities.

Other than Washington DC (which itself sits on the Potomac River, but is not to be considered a "port" city), all of the cities/regions mentioned in Chertoff's warning just happen to be major port locations: Los Angeles/Long Beach and San Francisco (Oakland) in California, Houston in Texas, Chicago in Illinois, and New York City/New Jersey in of course NY.

Port cities are valuable. Port cities are vulnerable.

Sometimes the Truth hides between the lines.

new topics

top topics

join