It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Feds Seize Rocket Launcher Found at a Home Near N.J.'s Newark Liberty International Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Report: Feds Seize Rocket Launcher Found at a Home Near N.J.'s Newark Liberty International Airport

www.foxnews.com

Federal investigators are examining what appears to be a military rocket launcher found Friday morning on the front lawn of a Jersey City home that sits directly in the flight path of busy Newark Liberty International Airport, CBS2 News reported.

Jersey City Police removed the launcher, and the incident is now being investigated by the Joint Terrorism Task Force and The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the TV station reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
anybody wanna guess what this could mean?? just some neighborhood kids playing with some used military surplus probably huh.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
here is a second source for the story, sounds kinda spooky.

A Jersey City woman made a shocking discovery on her lawn this morning when she noticed a military rocket launcher lying in the grass.
Niranjana Besai was leaving her house, located at 88 Nelson Street, to go to work just after 8 this morning when she spotted the launcher on her front lawn. "I read it and it [said] 'missile,'" Besai told CBS 2 HD. "There was little 'missile' [writing] on it."

wcbstv.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
gee, I can't wait to see what gets made up here. So are we to believe that some terrorist simply forgot his rocket launcher???

Is this what happened?
OK, I have my cell phone, my car keys, my bottled water......
I know I'm forgetting something......
what could it be.......
oh well, couldn't have been too important

Could this be maybe placed here to get everyone scared again???

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is almost funny, honestly a rocket launcher on your front lawn lol.
They must be a very well organized terrorist cell.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just heard on the news that it was an outdated military training device, not a working launcher.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The report says they "seized" the rocket launcher. If they found it just lying about on a lawn, can you really call it "seizing" or was it more like "picking it up".

Thats like saying I seized my cellphone on the way out the door to work.

Kinda weird.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Har har hardy har har!!!

ROFLMFAO

right.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Since the rocket launcher was inoperable my guess is that an ex service men took an trophy with them when they left the US military. Depending on the circumstances the person may have taken the weapon out of spite or misplaced pride.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
According to the CBC, the launcher was a single-use, portable system that had already been fired. It was also roughly 20 years old.

Apparently it would be good for training in the use of the weapon (carrying and aiming) but not much else.

[edit on 20/7/2007 by Thousand]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So its useless and old and the point is that the headline made it look like it was "fresh" and new and pointed towards NJ airport.

Broo ha ha.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

anybody wanna guess what this could mean?? just some neighborhood kids playing with some used military surplus probably huh.

Sentinal,
I don't know if you were sarcastic with the above statement or not, but it sounds like that may have been exactly what this was. Still this is a good find, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand
According to the CBC, the launcher was a single-use, portable system that had already been fired. It was also roughly 20 years old.

Apparently it would be good for training in the use of the weapon (carrying and aiming) but not much else.

[edit on 20/7/2007 by Thousand]

Good for training AIMING and carrying. In close proximity to airport.....Kinda gives you something to think about IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Prank. The lady has an indian sounding name. Maybe someone trying to set her up?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
DuncanIdahoGholem,
I thought that as well, possibly some ignorant neighborhood punks.

The proximity to the airport and the fact it could have been used
for training purposes is troublesome. But why would it be left there?
A million possibilities.

What was that plane that might have been shot down by a
missile or something, off the NY/NJ coast.. Anyone remember
something about that?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Aecreate,
I remember the TWA flight that they say the fuel tank blew up on, that many other people think was actually shot down. That might have been what you were thinking of.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Aecreate,
I remember the TWA flight that they say the fuel tank blew up on, that many other people think was actually shot down. That might have been what you were thinking of.

Interestingly enough, several groups threatened to shoot down planes leaving JFK around that time, but Slick Willy was obviously more concerned with practically nonexistent internal threats.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Aecreate,

Yes, that was it! I doubt there's a connection
but it might be something to keep in mind.

TWA Flight 800

Many alternative theories exist as to the cause of this crash, most citing evidence that points to an external missile strike or on-board bomb, either as a terrorist act, or an unintentional shootdown by a U.S. Navy vessel. Most significantly, FAA radar data and a statistically relevant number of eyewitnesses apparently contradict the official NTSB crash scenario.

I would like to note that the location of the TWA crash is
about 50 miles from Newark Liberty International Airport.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Turns out it was an anti-tank weapon. Not very useful for targeting or downing aircraft.

Could this be another case of gauging public reaction to a perceived threat? The media running with a story without vetting the facts first? Will the fear mongering ever end?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Sentinal,
I don't know if you were sarcastic with the above statement or not, but it sounds like that may have been exactly what this was. Still this is a good find, thanks for posting it.

It wasnt meant as sarcastic Red, I used to play with old military surplus when I was a teen, not really anything of this caliber, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to think that it was just some kids, but what is worriesome is the fact that we as a nation have become so jumpy due to terror alert scare's that seem to pop up every other day, the least little thing that comes along is automatically registered as a terrorist act. this needs to change in my opinion.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by the_sentinal]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join