It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Vs UFO Beleivers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Heres George Carlin on religion and UFOs,he makes some quite good points .
video.google.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I cant talk on behalf of christians since im not one.From what i know and ones i talked with,they think ufos and aliens are fallen angles from hell that travel around outerspace in spacecraft.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Alienstar thanks for the reply-I too have heard that explanation although I suspect it may be a little outlandish for my taste.
Love the avatar!
Cheers Karl

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Guy Malone is the best Christian expert on the topic, imho.

I've met him. He's a bright, sincer, authentic bloke who's collected a lot of diverse experts together and offers their presentations for any kind of donation of the orderer's choosing.

I think he makes a very very very strong case that the ET's are nephilium/ watchers/ fallen angels as talked about in the Book of Enoch and the 6th chapter of Genesis.

His site is:

www.ANCIENTofDAYS.NET...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its not a crime to lock up UFOs in an alien myth.
It is a crime to kill its inventor.

Those Illuminati bad guys are tougher than any Alien bad guys.

There is nothing to do with faith here.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I dunno I am a Christian and I have no problem with a belief in
Alien life. I dont think they are angels or demons or anything other that simply critters from someplace else.
Heck, and I even consider myself pretty fundamental in my christian beliefs.

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

And the Illuminati were painted the bad guys because.............

wait for it.................

They tried to reveal the reality of religion being a tool to control mankind.....

and wanted to help people to return to logical thought without being ruled by superstition.

Those Bastages!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

Guess you're a kook in GC's opinion...more so for being Christian.
IMO even if you're nutty yur kickin'

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

And the Illuminati were painted the bad guys because.............

wait for it.................

They tried to reveal the reality of religion being a tool to control mankind.....

and wanted to help people to return to logical thought without being ruled by superstition.

Those Bastages!

Nope they wanted power over the earth and its people for themselves.

Hence no big 'illuminati will set earth free' books, no 'illuminati - our deepest secrets' research papers. hence the total secrecy.

The illuminati are evil to the core and have been since the dawn of their inception.

The alien life ? well they are evil too hence all of their secrecy and stealing people against their will.

Both evil, both need to be tied to a stake and a bonefire set about them.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am a Christian and have all my life believed thataliens exist and are not fallen angels but another race made by God some think it contradictory but they also say earth is sixish thousend years old :bnghd: im one of the less ignorant christians

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Nope they wanted power over the earth and its people for themselves.

Hence no big 'illuminati will set earth free' books, no 'illuminati - our deepest secrets' research papers. hence the total secrecy.

The illuminati are evil to the core and have been since the dawn of their inception.

The alien life ? well they are evil too hence all of their secrecy and stealing people against their will.

Both evil, both need to be tied to a stake and a bonefire set about them.

And you are basing this on WHAT actual facts? Or is this just all your theories based on the propaganda spread all over the internet by the very sources that the original Illuminati was set to bring an end to their power over the people?

There is only ONE fact that is known and proven about the Illuminati.

Documents taken from the person of the FOUNDER Adam Weishaupt indicated that they had put together a plan to Destroy All Governments and Religions.

I suppose you could view that as negative however it is how the reptilllians have been controlling and supressing mankind for millenia.

Do I see breaking that control a bad thing? NO.

I suppose it all lies in how you look at it and whether you buy into all the unsubstantiated and theoritical propaganda and disinformation that has been put out there.

All who seek to break that chain of power over mankind have been demonized.. why not the illuminati.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

If the Illuminati are not evil and wish to help humanity, why the secrecy?
If the Aliens are not evil and wish to help humanity, why the secrecy?
If the Governments are not evil and wish to help humanity, why the secrecy?

Why all the secrecy if these are not evil, at lest in some way?

The fact is, the more pwer you give someone, the more corrupt they become, absolute power, corrupts absolutly. People are not perfect, we all have evil in us somewhere, so to give us power is to give us the chance to indulge on that evil even more, evil feels good for a while, but all evil has consequences.

As for Aliens vs Cristians, lol, I think I would win, I have not been abducted since I came to truely know Yeshua, I have nightmares about aliens, but I call out the name of Yeshua, and it all goes away. I believe God allowed me to be abducted so that I would search for an answer to this question about aliens, the answer is, "Aliens are fallen angels", pure and simple. Now if you want I could go into dsetail, but someone else already listed a reference that I find to be pretty good (ancientofdays).

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I am totally positive that extraterrestrial humans (I do not like the term aliens) do not want to harm us and I am sure that they will be revealed in due time. I feel not only a citizen of this world, our planet Earth, but of the cosmos.

If the Illuminati are not evil and wish to help humanity, why the secrecy?
If the Aliens are not evil and wish to help humanity, why the secrecy?
If the Governments are not evil and wish to help humanity, why the secrecy?

I don't know about Illuminati and the governments, but I could give you a reply regarding your second question, but would have to resort to external souces, i.e. The Urantia book, which I so often do. If you are interested, let me know. By the way what's that ancientsofdays you wrote in parentheses refers to? Thanks!

Alexandros

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
I am totally positive that extraterrestrial humans (I do not like the term aliens) do not want to harm us and I am sure that they will be revealed in due time. I feel not only a citizen of this world, our planet Earth, but of the cosmos.

I don't know about Illuminati and the governments, but I could give you a reply regarding your second question, but would have to resort to external souces, i.e. The Urantia book, which I so often do. If you are interested, let me know. By the way what's that ancientsofdays you wrote in parentheses refers to? Thanks!

Alexandros

It refers to a website someone posted earlier on here.
Aliens are not our "space brothers" as many alien lovers have said before in the past. This image of a harmless looking yet powerful being that only wishes to help us is a great deception. I believe Steven Spielberg may have had an encounter with aliens, maybe, I can't say for sure, but if he did (which seems likely to me), then he may have been told by the aliens that aliens are good guys trying to save humanity from themselves (the bible warns of a being that will "bring peace" to the world, but he is not a good guy although it may seem that way).
I should let you know that, I am a multiple abductee, once before I found Yeshua and once after I found Yeshua, but I believe He let me go through it for a purpose. What these "aliens" did was, when i was a very little kid they put something in me, I believe I am not the only one in my family that this has happened to, I was about 6 or 7. When I was fourteen, they came agian and took the thing out and left me with nerve damage in my right leg, I became very scared of everything and paranoid after that experience, I kept fearing that they would take me agian and kill me or doing somthing else to me, I had no idea what. I had horrible nightmares of them for many years, the thing is, what happened in the nightmares was not as scarey as the sheer fear it's self that I felt, nothing can compare to that fear, it is almost like you die a little when you feel that fear. Later on I found out the truth and it did indeed set me free, I no longer am afriad of these beings, I have the safety and security that Yeshua is with me and will protect me from them, they have no more power over my life anymore, I'm free from them, I have peace now.
I would like to hear what your book has to say, but I would like to know, who wrote it?
I might want to add that the history of these fallen ones that I know, is from many ancient text.
They are not friends, they are not here to save us, they want to control us and be our gods.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I am sorry for your experiences Jimmy, but it is nice to hear that you have found peace. I respect what you are sharing with me, but I stand by my beliefs regarding extraterrestrial races. Jesus is indeed with us always. His spirit surrounds our presence and I, too, find great peace and security in him.

The book was written by various spiritual beings including archangels, seraphim, midwayers, paradise beings, humans that attained God and Paradise etc. and you can read about how it was came to be in Wikipedia. You can found the link to the article at the end of my post, above my signature. I asked about the ancientsofdays, because in the Urantia book "Ancients of Days" are called some high spiritual beings of Trinity origin which preside over a superuniverse (you have to read more about the cosmology described inside the book to understand what a superuniverse is. I will only write what is written about extraterrestrial races here and only those things that have to do with the "secrecy of their existence". Oh, by the way, I believe that the Ancients of Days are also mentioned in the Bible, but I don't know in what context...).

So in a few words:

Our planet, Earth, as well as several other inhabited planets were put in quarantine from the rest of the system of inhabited planets where the Lucifer rebellion took place (system = an organised part of the universe with approximately 1000 inhabited spheres, i.e. planets). This was decided so that the consequences of Lucifer rebellion would not be so widespread (in reality these planets were put in quarantine, because the planetary princes of these planets defaulted and went with Lucifer, but these are details that are not directly related to our topic). This is mainly the reason why there is so much mystery and uncertainty regarding extraterrestrial races and spiritual matters. If the rebellion hadn't taken place, we would by now be far more advanced as a race, we wouldn't be cut off from the "local neighbourhood" of inhabited planets and we would be more in contact with the spiritual world. It is said that the case of the Lucifer rebellion was adjudicated a couple of decades ago (it lasted 500,000 years approximately) and now Earth along with the other quarantined planets are slowly reconnected to the rest of the system.

I do believe that the majority of the advanced extraterrestrial races are working for the better of our planet. There might be a few advanced races who do not wish our good and I can only make hypotheses why that is happening. I believe that these races might originate from some of those planets that were quarantined, but which were already advanced and were able to travel in space, but I am just guessing.

Anyway, I'd like to say again that the universe we live in is a friendly and just one and personally I believe in the good that exists in every person's heart...

The Urantia Book - Wikipedia

Alexandros

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Ah I see in the link you posted that the stories and such come from a guy who was in a "deep sleep". It could be demonic possesion to fool people, just maybe though, I'm not going to bash the solidity of this "religon" if it is a religion. I will point out a few things that the website (thankyou for posting the link btw) points out about differences that I find very critical:

1. Jesus' crucifixion is not considered an atonement for the sins of humanity. The crucifixion is taught to be an outcome of the fears of religious leaders of the day, who regarded his teachings as a threat to their positions of authority.

2. Jesus is the human incarnation of "Michael of Nebadon," one of more than 700,000 "Paradise Sons" of God, or "Creator Sons." Jesus is not considered the second person of the Trinity as he is in Christianity. The book refers to the Eternal Son as the second person of the Trinity.

3. Jesus was born on earth through natural means of conception instead of a virgin birth.

4. Jesus did not walk on water or perform some of the miracles that are attributed to him in the Bible.

5. Jesus rose from the dead in a "more glorified form," reflective of a transitional state between material and spiritual existence known as "morontia". As with all mortals, his physical body was subject to decomposition, but celestial beings removed his body from the tomb for the dissolution of his remains through a process of "accelerated time."
(number "5" I don't know if I disagree with it as much as it just seems illogical)

Now other from some scientific fundamentals as well (which I may want to point out I do not agree with all of them, like evolution), it just doesn't seem like the kind of book I'd be interested in including in my daily studies. To me it seems pretty far fetched and contradicts many scriptures that were written down thousands of years ago. I would really trust someone who's talking in there sleep to bring me a spiritual revelation of anything honestly, that is what this sounds like. If you can provide me with more of an insight on the origins of this book than wikipedia, I'd really apreciate it, wiki din't seem to go into detail on that and only brought me a handful of origination points that didn't really live up to much.

From what I've read though, it seems to be an interesting peice to rad though, but as for me, I would'nt put much time into making it a part of my spiritual walk with God or rely on it for a devine revelation.

Thanks,

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Yes, indeed. What is written in the book is what the article in wikipedia says, but with the exception of number 3. The book does not state whether the conception was through natural means or not, but it does say that Joseph and Mary were Jesus' parents. Anyway, it has nothing to do with a new religion. It's just a book with a revelatory character. I haven't really researched how the book came to be so I am not really aware of any other link. I am sure though that if you are interested, you will find your answers regarding Urantia book's origins by googling it. In any case, the only way you can conclude whether the book is demonically inspired or not is by reading it. I cannot and should not try to convince you of anything as each person forms his own truth...

[In case you decide to take a look at it, the book is divided in four parts. The first part talks about the Trinity, Paradise personalities, Paradise, central and grand universe. The second part talks about local universe, morontial reality (afterlife), local universe personalities, Lucifer rebellion, inhabited worlds. The third part talks about Earth and its history (including Adam and Eve), society, marriage, religion, Thought Adjusters, universe destiny and topics on Deity (these chapters are very difficult to understand) and the last part which comprises nearly one third of the book is a narration of Jesus life. As you have already seen in the wikipedia article, expect to find some differences between what is written in the Bible and the Urantia book...]

Alexandros

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Alexander1111]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
(RIP George Carlin)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am a full christian. and I do believe in the possiblity of Aliens. The bible does talk about other flock of the sheep. This could mean others religions and other ways to find the path. It could mean that other christians other the mormen cathics. or other dominations. Or it could man that there are aliens. to be honest I think that space is to big to even think we are the only ones. But I think judgement day will come before we ever ment them. God is out ther Jesus is alive. alien wont save you. God lets your soul continue. ask him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join