It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton? Obama? or Edwards? Who Will It Be?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well I picked the 2004 election wrong so I have been keeping my shout at this stage in the game. However I will say this unless the MSM is overplaying the number of Republicans who will vote for Obama and the danger of traditional Republican falling to the Dems then McCain is in real trouble . You cant win a popular vote when your party core supporter base abandons you .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am holding my breath this weekend.... Tuesday morning about 7 AM I will walk Grover up to the voting precent and tie his leash to a tree, go in and vote then go home and watch cartoons all day and evening and wake up Wedensday morning and find out then.

WHO the hell am I kidding I will be glued to the tube all night.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Hillary will win the nomination and select Obama as her running mate .

Is that right?

lol, this thread is funny. Bunch of know-it-alls making predictions as if they are facts.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Now be nice.

I think this is the longest running thread on ATS ever... 54 pages and over a thousand posts. It has been going on a long time so what some of us thought 6 months ago and what is happening now is called life.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

At least I had or have the guts to make predictions even if they prove to be wrong . It is all to ease to sit back on the sideline and criticize with the benefit of hindsight .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OKAY gentlemen and ladies... the time is now... what are your predictions?

I think it will be a landslide... but whether its a landslide victory for Obama or a landslide defeat for McCain remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I am unsure of the margin although IMO the Republican party deserves to lose in a landslide but the margin may be closer then some are expecting . McCain best chance of winning is if the result is close and the Electoral College screws over the American people once again .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I remain optimistic. I have a feeling its not even going to be close but then I have said that before. Oh Well.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Ive been a poster in this thread in the last and found most of what I said was wrong, but hey Im only human

So my thoughts right now lead me to think Obama is going to win this.
Obama will be the next president of the USA..

Thus I will leave any of my other thoughts and leave it as is for now..

One more day
Im very excited, and for elections thats rare.. I have not voted in so many elections.. This time Im making an effort to cast my vote for this very important election!

Good luck Obama!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It most definitely appears Obama will win. I think one further yet smaller nail in the coffin that not many people have payed attention to is the endorsement by Ron Paul for the Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin.

The Constitution Party has a history of very conservative viewpoints on social issues and so forth so this may hurt McCain far more than Obama.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Regardless of the outcome I predict that either Obama or McCain will only serve one term due to economic conditions or rather there failure to improve things . Obama energy policy has been shown already so its doom to fail if he takes office and gets his way . McCain would be unable to introduce new regulatory measures because his own core supporter base has become purely idealogical driven and would oppose such measures .

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Regardless of the outcome I predict that either Obama or McCain will only serve one term due to economic conditions or rather there failure to improve things . Obama energy policy has been shown already so its doom to fail if he takes office and gets his way . McCain would be unable to introduce new regulatory measures because his own core supporter base has become purely idealogical driven and would oppose such measures .

I respectfully disagree on 2 out of 3 of your points...

You are right about McCain.

Since 1932... 76 years... we have had two presidents serve 1 term... Carter and Bush senior. one held a 1/2 term... Ford... two for a 1 1/2 terms... LBJ and Nixon... one for 3 1/4 terms FDR... and one who served essentially 2 terms... Truman with FDR's death early in his fourth term. The rest Eisenhower... Reagan... Clinton and bush minor have served 2 terms for 24 out of the past 28 years. So odds are unless he really screws up or conditions get really bad Obama will serve 2 terms... because of his age however I do think that McCain would bow out after one.

As for energy... really we have no choice and besides that we should have started 30 years ago. Carter set an example by putting solar panels on the White House and Reagan set another example by taking them down.

If we invest heavily in a combination of conservation, alternative energy and conversion we could create an economic boom that would last well into mid-century.

Failure to do this will cripple the country for far longer.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The votes are in, and hte electoral talliesh ave been verified. Barack Obama will be our next President. John McCain conceded with all the grace and humility that he could, nder the circumstances.

I think it's fiar to say that we've all enjoyed this discussion thread. It's certainly a very long thread. It tells a story. We all got some things wrong. We were all surpsied by some of the twists and turns.

The defeat of Hillary Clinton was, for some, a hard thing to take. for otehrs, it was a relief. Mrs. Clinton scared me in ways that her husband did not. The book which brought me to ATS was hard to write. It forced me to look at many facets of American life htaht I normally didn't come in to contact with. As I look back, I'm still glad that I didi it.

Obama's victory was never hard for me to forecast. I have been certain of a Democratic victory since 20074. If Hillary had beaten Obama, she'd be in the winner's circle right now, instead of him. Republicans would still be in a bad way.

I'm not happy about what has happened to my preferred politicla party. The GOP will be in the wilderness for some years before it recovers. If it recovers. The days of small government are dead and gone, thought I still believe in fiscal conservancy.

John McCain was the last of the Old guard Republicans who will seek the White House. From now on, it will be a younger person's game. Future candidates will be younger, and far more telegenic than they have in the past.

I won't deny it. I will be critical of the Obama administration. I am still convinced that the most real of real consiracies happens to be the expansion of Federal power. Dems and Republicans alike will continue to play their roles in this "process." As a conservatie, I am shamed when I look at the Bush43 legacy. I don't believe that a real conservative would have done most of those things.

These are my final comments in this thread. I've been told that he Conspiracy master forums will be closed. Evidently, things haven't worked out as the site owners wnated. This is my last post.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

I think one further yet smaller nail in the coffin that not many people have payed attention to is the endorsement by Ron Paul for the Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin. The Constitution Party has a history of very conservative viewpoints on social issues and so forth so this may hurt McCain far more than Obama.

John McCain polled 56 million votes. I'm not sure that Chuck Baldwin broke the 6 figure barrier. The counting is not over. Ralph Nader got 3 million votes in '00 including 65,000 in FL. Ralph gave the country to Bush43. Dems will never forgive him for that.

I still admire Ralph for his early work in product safety and his later commitment to the preservation of our environment. Nader deseves a medal for his work PRIOR to 2000. IMO.

The ATLA has been our ONLY regulator since Reagan.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Barack Obama [is] our next President. John McCain conceded with all the grace and humility he could . . The defeat of Hillary Clinton was for some, a hard thing to take. For others, it was a relief. Mrs. Clinton scared me in ways that her husband did not. The book which brought me to ATS was hard to write. It forced me to look at many facets of American life that I normally didn't come in to contact with. I have been certain of a Democratic victory since 2007.

John McCain was the last of the Old guard Republicans who will seek the White House. From now on, it will be a younger person's game. Future candidates will be younger, and far more telegenic than they have in the past.

As a conservative, I am shamed when I look at the Bush43 legacy. I don't believe that a real conservative would have done most of those things. The days of small government are dead and gone, though I still believe in fiscal conservancy. I'm not happy about what has happened to my preferred political party. The GOP will be in the wilderness for some years before it recovers. If it recovers.

Well, there is room for conservation of a country. But it has to be done responsibly. That is where the Reagan Revolution got off track. SMALL is not the same as GOOD. EFFECTIVE is the desirable objective. SIZE is incidental. My goal is to see a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. And the end of financial hanky pank. Let’s leave that to Las Vegas where it properly belongs. The Dems will make enough mistakes to keep the GOP alive and well.

These are my final comments in this thread. I've been told that the Conspiracy master forums will be closed. This is my last post.

We don’t want you to go, J/O. You have made significant contributions to this and many other threads. You are a perceptive person with valuable insights and you have a steady hand. Not easily rattled like me, for example. Calm in your replies, again, unlike some of my replies. You are hard to dislike, while I am sometimes easy to dislike! Not intentionally. I was born this way. So, I say, stay with us, Mr J/O, from the Land of the Midnight Sun.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Unless you have popularism on your side what has an oppsition has to do or is spouse to do is present viable alternative policy's that people will prefer and vote . In practice if the Republicans are out of government for a long enough a mixture of populism and the fact the US electorate slants to the right wing of politics will favour the Republican party . It has been like that here in New Zealand in reserves the Centre Right has had to give up its opposition to popular Labour policy's .

Of course the NZ electorate has left wing leanings in contrary to that of the US which is out synch with much of the world in this regard .

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

In practice if the Republicans are out of government for long enough a mixture of populism and the fact the US electorate slants to the right wing of politics will favour the Republican party. Of course the NZ electorate has left wing leanings contrary to that of the US which is out synch with much of the world in this regard.

America is unique. We have the BEST 3,000,000 square miles on the planet. That was pure serendipity.

I have argued chimpanzees could have made a go of it here. This makes my fellow Americans angry because, being the GREATEST means they made it own their own! Which is a self applied load of raw bull***t but that’s what we have over here. In overabundance.

When people have such a superiority complex and reinforce it all the time - Pres. Bush said America was the Greatest Country on Earth today. He says that almost every time he speaks. Several pro-Obama people have said that today. Several anti-Obama people have said that. I lie not, it is 5-20 times every day that most Americans hear that.

So if we are the GREATEST why aren’t the rest of you kowtowing to us like you should? Do you want the American version of the Nazi Buzz Bomb down your throat?

Maybe Obama can let us down oh so gently? Sure as He** McCain would not have as he fully subscribes to the GREATEST theory. And he did get 56 million votes. That’s not a few jingos.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Of course Obama will be a let down... all politicians are... besides he's set expectations so high that its all but impossible to succeed...

... then again bush minor has lowered the bar to such a degree that just being alive and breathing can be seen as an accomplishment of note.

Humor (or a weak attempt at it) aside what we saw Tuesday was the emergence of a new ruling collation here in America. We saw a Marginalized and disgruntled blue color and middle class join forces with African Americans, Latinos and other ethnic minorities, as well as a considerable youth vote to elect Mr. Obama.

Even if he does passably well this bloc will become a force to reckoned with for years to come and one the Republicans may find very difficult to chip apart.

BTW... Julian Oldman... Don White... Xpert... and everyone else here on the best, most intelligent and respectful AND longest thread I have ever seen here on ATN... it has been a pleasure and a privilege to participate on it with you.

Salute.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

BTW... Julian Oldman... Don White... Xpert... and everyone else here on the best, most intelligent and respectful AND longest thread I have ever seen here on ATN... it has been a pleasure and a privilege to participate on it with you.

SNAP!
That was my arm breaking as I patted myself on the back!

Leaving out the named persons I agree with your sentiments Mr Grover. (You should have included yourself in the enumeration! It takes TWO to tango!)

. . we saw Tuesday the emergence of a new ruling collation here in America. We saw a marginalized and disgruntled blue collar middle class join forces with African Americans, Latinos and other ethnic minorities, as well as a considerable youth vote to elect Mr. Obama.

Absolutely! I think the under 30 types are called the Millennium Generation. POST Baby Boomers. The ME only generation, and not all that bright either if you believe the DJIA! There is HOPE out there just when we need it most! Are you saying FDR Jr? Or JFK Jr? Your choice!

PS.
I have a friend who operates about 30 trucks, all diesel. He buys fuel in tanker load quantities. 5,500 gallons per load. He called me Wednesday and said the price of diesel went up TEN CENTS from Tuesday.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have never seen in my lifetime such enthusium for a politician of any stripe that i have seen for Obama... it was stunning... dancing in the streets... grown men and women crying... congratulations and celebrations from around the world.

The last politico to fire people up like this was RFK. No matter what his naysayers say a figure like him comes along only so often... now lets see what he can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55 >>

join