It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason we can't see Alien civilizations on other planets...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I heard a theory about why we cannot visibly see Aliens on other planets. The theory is that these civilizations exist in other "dimensions" or "densities." I am sure most of you have heard that planet Earth is in either the 3rd or 4th density, and that we are slowly moving into a new density.

What does everyone here think about this theory? I am not sure what to think, because my human brain can barely even comprehend what a dimension or a density is in the first place. I just can't seem to fathom the concept of different dimensions...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have heard this also. But what people lack when telling these stories is any meaningful description of what the bloody hell they're on about.

On that Betty and Barney Rubble...I mean Hill, thread, someone posted a link to a PDF document about some dude (Alex something...) who claimed he was a regular visitor aboard an Alien ship and told a fantastic tale about their involvement here and the history of Humans. He wne tinto detail about different densities, without actually saying what he meant.

It all sounded rather interesting and was a good read, up until he started talking about Gravity. He said "instead of being as a result of planetary spin........". Which is where I clicked the little "x" in the top corner and stopped reading.

If your handing down info from Aliens, or even maing it up, you'd think you would have the most basic fundamentals checked first...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I have heard this also. But what people lack when telling these stories is any meaningful description of what the bloody hell they're on about.

On that Betty and Barney Rubble...I mean Hill, thread, someone posted a link to a PDF document about some dude (Alex something...) who claimed he was a regular visitor aboard an Alien ship and told a fantastic tale about their involvement here and the history of Humans. He wne tinto detail about different densities, without actually saying what he meant.

It all sounded rather interesting and was a good read, up until he started talking about Gravity. He said "instead of being as a result of planetary spin........". Which is where I clicked the little "x" in the top corner and stopped reading.

If your handing down info from Aliens, or even maing it up, you'd think you would have the most basic fundamentals checked first...

So gravity is not a result of planetary spin?
I was just watching a space program about a NASA mission to Mars where it was proposed to to have a two-piece craft that connected with a long cord...once the course was set, both pieces of the craft would travel while rotating with each other and creating some gravity to aid the astronauts deal with long journey in space. Im far from learned in the subject, but I always thought gravity was because of rotation and mass.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I was just doing a little reading about densities and dimensions. I guess it all has to do with levels of vibrations. Supposedly as planets move through space, they also move through different vibrational levels or densities.

So this gave me an idea. Maybe "changing densities" is what all of the 2012 hype is about? It makes sense because the whole changing densities thing has to do with space and astronomy, so I guess it could have been possible for ancient humans to have cracked the code on densities based on orbits and how planets move. 2012 might mark the time that Earth moves into a new density. Just a thought... I'm going to go read more about dimensions and densities now. Hopefully some people on this board can shed some knowledge on the subject...

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Gravity is nothing to do with spin, and is all to do with mass.

You can, however, simulate some of the effects of gravity by using centrifugal forces, which is what Nasa has looked at with regard to spacecraft for long journeys, as objects are forced to the outside wall of a rapidly rotating body tethered to a central point.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Here's another random thought I had about densities/dimensions.

Take the NASA tapes for example. Their cameras pick up what seems to be a sea of living things floating along through space. But any time we see normal videos or photos of space it appears to be empty and black except for the stars in the distance. So what I was thinking was that maybe NASA's cameras were actually somehow picking up a different density, one where the UFOs normally exist... ? Or I guess it could just be debri and space junk like they say lol...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Here's another random thought I had about densities/dimensions.

Take the NASA tapes for example. Their cameras pick up what seems to be a sea of living things floating along through space. But any time we see normal videos or photos of space it appears to be empty and black except for the stars in the distance. So what I was thinking was that maybe NASA's cameras were actually somehow picking up a different density, one where the UFOs normally exist... ? Or I guess it could just be debri and space junk like they say lol...

The camera that picked up all those things in space was filming in infrared I think. I have no clue what those things were...they were so many, big and small....looked like a pond of water bugs.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Space is something that is only possible if you want it to be. Once you enter space, your in "dreamland"

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Very interesting idea, Diplomat.

I have thought for a long time about this. Do you remember the "frantic caller" on Art Bell's show? He talked (v. briefly) about the Grey's being extra-dimensional beings. In Dr. Rick Strassman's work with '___' (dimethyl-tryptamine) 62% of all his subjects reported contact with an external intelligence, and a significant number of these were typical abduction scenarios. Insect-like creatures, reptilian ones and, of course, the ubiquitous Grey's all featured. Some people reported being in a medical type setting and being experimented on.

We operate on '___' (a naturally occuring neuro-transmitter secreted by the pineal gland) during birth, death and lucid dreaming, but can also experience floods of '___' in NDE's or other high adrenalin moments.

My idea is that '___' sends our consciousness into a higher vibrational density, a seperate dimension if you will, and it is in these circumstances that these beings can "contact" us easily. I believe that for these beings to manifest in our dimension requires a vast amount of energy, or perhaps is difficult for some other reason. This would explain the whole abduction phenomenon (the majority of cases being '___' events with a very small number undergoing physical abduction), and provide answers to questions such as "why would a more advanced race do a deal with Humans" and "Why wouldn't a whole army of them show up and just take over."

I think it may be this inate ability to occupy the third density with our physical form and yet be able to send our consciousness into higher density realities that makes us "interesting" to them, as they are the complete opposite.

Just a thought wot I been thunking.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Which 'Aliens'? They cant all live on other dimensions(conveinently), there must be very physical ones out there as much as we are

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged

So gravity is not a result of planetary spin?

Nope. Not much. Venus and Mercury rotate very slowly, and it hardly affects their gravity at all. It is true that if you are standing on the surface of a rapidly spinning planet, then there is a pseudo force that makes you appear to way slightly less then if the planet we spinning more slowly.

There are also some weak relativistic effects of a planet's rotation, but these are tricky to measure - something every grad student has to calculate when they take Intro to General Relativity.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I was just doing a little reading about densities and dimensions. I guess it all has to do with levels of vibrations. Supposedly as planets move through space, they also move through different vibrational levels or densities.

So this gave me an idea. Maybe "changing densities" is what all of the 2012 hype is about? It makes sense because the whole changing densities thing has to do with space and astronomy, so I guess it could have been possible for ancient humans to have cracked the code on densities based on orbits and how planets move. 2012 might mark the time that Earth moves into a new density. Just a thought... I'm going to go read more about dimensions and densities now. Hopefully some people on this board can shed some knowledge on the subject...

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Diplomat]

Vibrations, densities, and dimensions I hear these alot but I dont think they have any real weight. They sound interesting to some people but they seem to stray away from Actual Physics. You can trace all of this Vibration/Planes mess back to Theosophy and Madame Blavatsky. Most of the New Age Contactee cults have roots going back to Theosophy and would rather not throw what they have been "channeling" out the window.

If you want to learn about some real Physics and potential source of where "aliens" come from study up on Quantum Entanglement and Quantum Mind a theory created by Sir Roger Penrose. I would also suggest writings on the Holographic Paradigm a theory by David Bohm. These are real physicists and they present a universe much more interesting than any New Age ide I have ever read.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes we can see them!

There are similiar life forms like we on other planets like Venus Mars etc.

We are just not told!

They tell us Venus is a gigantic gas giant with an athmosphere preasurized 90 times .. -> lol no honestly. Our solar system is full of "earths" but the problem is you can'T tell the people after all these years of lies that easily.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker

They tell us Venus is a gigantic gas giant with an athmosphere preasurized 90 times .. -> lol no honestly. Our solar system is full of "earths" but the problem is you can'T tell the people after all these years of lies that easily.

Do tell. What data do you have that shows otherwise?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What does everyone here think about this theory?

If such things as aliens do exist, and there is life in space somewhere, I would imagine that rather than them living in some unknown form of existence, they're simply hiding from other predatory alien species.

This idea is just a simple extrapolation from our own experience with the activities of any ecosystem on this planet, where you're either predator or prey. It might not work that way in space, but it certainly applies everywhere there's life on Earth. Successful alien life would be either lucky or smart enough to camouflage itself to avoid detection until it develops enough physically and technologically (maybe psychically?) to defend itself.

That's where we may have inadvertently screwed ourselves. Openly broadcasting our existence out into the galaxy via radio may have attracted the attention of any number of predators. We may be fortunate to survive this rookie mistake since we're situated in the boondocks of the galaxy, and it may take a while for a hungry species to get to us if they decide we're worth the effort. Otherwise, had we lived a little closer to galactic center, we might have been invaded and destroyed by now.

Not only that, but any alien signal that we receive, although it may seem like just a friendly howdy-do from another curious species, might actually be bait to draw us out and size us up for possible invasion, enslavement or extermination.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
Im far from learned in the subject, but I always thought gravity was because of rotation and mass.

Acceleration is essentially the same as gravity in its effect, however, acceleration has to do with relative motion, and gravity has to do with a property of mass (somehow) creating a warp in space-time. Mass doesn't have to move at all to do this (although in the real Universe, there is no such thing as an "immobile" mass). And a spinning globe, if anything, tends to push everything away from its surface -- particularly around the equator -- not pull it closer. If it wasn't that gravity is stronger, we'd all be tossed off into space.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
well there is a simpler explanation- we cant see alien civilizations on other planets becuase we dont have the technology to detect them. Unless they are beaming a very high powered constant radio signal in our direction.

theres speculation the square kilometer array will be able to detect "leaked" radio signals- tv, radio, radar, from exoplanets within a few hundred light years- maybe when its operational we will detect signs of intelligent life.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm trustful enough of reports by other humans to understand that extraterrestrials are perfectly visible to us now.

Any time they aren't is either due to them not being there or having some type of technology that masks their presence. Much like we humans can hide our presence from other animals on this planet using some type of cover. Our universe is far too large to imagine that extraterrestrials would need to come from some other dimension or universe.

As for why we aren't in direct and open contact with space-faring extraterrestrial races is IMO due to hostility on the part of our governments towards them. ETs aren't about to allow unecessary harm to come to them or humans they come into contact with so strict secrecy would be in order to prevent earthly government interference in their visits to and from our planet.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Although I'm not against the idea of other dimensions in theory, science has had a difficult time interpreting how such a system would work--not that it won't be able to some day, but it's a struggle. In terms of alien civilizations and other planets being at different densities, I think this is just a convenient way to allow outlandish theories to flourish. If you make up an extra-dimensional theory, these civilizations not only can't be detected, but the stories about them cannot be verified. Good examples can be found throughout the UFO literature starting with the earliest.

George Adamski, for example, stated that on his first space ship ride they went 50,000 miles out and let him look through a telescope. the Earth looked like a white ball. No features were visible. That fits the description scientists had been giving for Venus in the 1950's. Lo and behold a couple of books later George-o winds up on Venus where he finds a very earthlike planet-wide civilization complete with major cities. He was attempting to set up his readers early on about the nature of the solar system. He couldn't have known that Earth looks just fine with all the details from the Moon, 250,000 odd miles away. It doesn't turn into a white ball. Just look at the Whole Earth Catalog. He also makes the same claims about Mars, the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. he says they are all earth-like. Incredibly, we still have people who say "NASA lied" and the nature of the planets is as Adamski described them, all earth-like with flourishing civilizations. So that means all the pictures we've seen of Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn are all an elaborate government-led hoax. The Rovers, even, cannot be transmitting real pictures.

Truman Bethurum did the same sort of manipulation. He said his planet Clarion was on 'the other side of the Moon' so we couldn't see it. When told that this was physically impossible, he changed the story and said he was mistaken. Clarion was on the other side of the Sun (his bad!) and THAT'S why we couldn't see it. By the time we could prove that was also impossible, he was dead.

So, talking about other dimensions and densities is a nice way to obfuscate the issues. Then the anti-skeptics can say, "Well, prove to me there are NOT different densities" knowing the construct they just made up in inherently, though patently illogical, 'unassailable.' Only problem is, it's a universe only they inhabit.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
Yes we can see them!

There are similiar life forms like we on other planets like Venus Mars etc.

We are just not told!

I've never heard anyone, especially NASA, refer to Venus as a gas giant. Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus are gas giants. Venus is a planet with a rocky surface. NASA and JPL has shown us the solid surface of Venus with the Magellan orbiter. The European Space Agency's Venus Express has done the same, and back in the 1960's and 70' the Russian Venera Probes sent back information and photographs from the solid surface of Venus.

Neither the Americans, the Europeans, nor the Russians have ever said Venus is a gas giant, and scientists from all of those different world space agencies agree on the basic characteristics of Venus. The Russians did confirm (the hard way) that the atmospheric pressures on the surface of Venus are enough to crush any normal lander (or person).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join