It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason we can't see Alien civilizations on other planets...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Back to the OP....

Originally posted by Diplomat
I heard a theory about why we cannot visibly see Aliens on other planets. The theory is that these civilizations exist in other "dimensions" or "densities."...

I suppose you're talking about planets outside our solar system?? If you are, then how do you know if we would be able to "see" alien civilizations. We have never actually "seen" another planet outside our own solar system. None of the 200 or so extrasolar planets that we have discovered have ever been "seen". We have only detected these planets through circumstantial (buut reliable) evidence, such as through a star's wobble caused by the gravity of the planet or through the "dimming" of a star caused by a planet moving between us and that star.

Having said all this, even if we could directly observe an extrasolar planet (our technology is getting close to allowing that), that planet will be so far away that it would be impossble for us to see anything except a fuzzy point of light. Other civilizations that existied even in our own dimension would be impossible to see with our current technology. (I'll indulge you on the 'dimension' thing for the sake of this argument)

Even if you are talking about planets in our solar system, it is still almost impossible to see the signs of a civilization, even with our best telescopes. If you put the Hubble telescope in orbit around Mars and look back at the Earth, you would be hard pressed to find any signs of a civilization here. We've seen the surface of Mars. It's just dust, rocks, and craters. Even if a Martian life was "invisble" because it was in a different dimension, wouldn't we see the tell-tale signs of that civilization in the dust, rocks, and craters that are visible to us?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Although I'm not against the idea of other dimensions in theory, science has had a difficult time interpreting how such a system would work--not that it won't be able to some day, but it's a struggle.

How about String Theory? How about M Theory? Which science is having a hard time? Sure proofs are not readily available, but they are fully functioning and mainstream theories...

I dunno about densities, but alternate realities and dimensions are not so hard to believe if you follow current theoretical physics. Try what's-his-head at www.mkaku.org... He likes to equate us to koi that don't know there is a wider world around them (above the pond). Heck, I think he might even be a poster here...

I want to leave my skeptic pants on though and say I dunno anything about any aliens running around here, but there is no reason to believe that we are alone in the universe, and EXPECIALLY not alone in the multi-verse!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

Originally posted by schuyler
Although I'm not against the idea of other dimensions in theory, science has had a difficult time interpreting how such a system would work--not that it won't be able to some day, but it's a struggle.

How about String Theory? How about M Theory? Which science is having a hard time? Sure proofs are not readily available, but they are fully functioning and mainstream theories...

IMO not good enough and frequently misunderstood by the general public. Take wormhole theory to explain the possibility of greater than light speed travel, for example. People have jumped on this as 'proof' we can exceed the speed of light. In fact, wormhiole theory is more along the lines of the explanation given by Michael Criocton in Timeline. They're tiny.

If someone is goin to use a theory to explain a phenomenon, they need to explain it understandably. Just saying "M Theory" isn't good enough. I have no idea what that means. That's like saying "Clarion is on the other side of the Moon, I mean, Sun, so we can't see it."

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"Density" means mass per unit volume. I'm not sure how that applies to hiding aliens.

String theory and M-theory both invoke higher dimensions, but these dimensions are described as curled up into tiny sphere-like projections that are not directly detectable by us.

Again, not sure how aliens could hide there, unless they're very small.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Regarding the frequency shift and Third Density Implosion

Heres a good site that covers life on other planets, and if we can see them or not its from a book called Defending Sacred Grounds 1 based on a contactee's experiences with E.B.E's.

Once you get to the link, its a pdf documents. in the table of contents, scroll down to Chapter 2 and click on the news link title.

I believe these dimesions involve our souls, and the spatial energy that we are all connected to that makes up part of the universe, IMO.

Definately covers extensively alot of conspiracy theories, and was published after 1996.

Makes a change from Barney and Betty!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well the true reason why we can't see alien on other planet is because we do not have telescope powerfull enough to zoom on a planet...
I mean other planet in other star system sorry

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Jigore]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I believe these dimesions involve our souls, and the spatial energy that we are all connected to that makes up part of the universe, IMO.

i like it , i like that idea

lets ask ourselves this, since we will not "know" right now, lets forecast a probability based on certain information and patterns. If life was found to exist on Mar's or Jupiter or where ever,would we be told? what would the drawbacks be of sharing this information? look at the way the world is run now. would there be a great potential of panic, fear of the unknown that would be immediately given to (intelligence agency's) and (NSA). People can be manipulated into thinking bell-bottoms are coming back in style, do you think anyone would trust such delicate information such as extra-terrestrials or inter-dimensional beings to be digested by the public (well i guess if some money and power could be gotten from it) but still we probably woudn't be told the real truth.

in conclusion i think the UNIVERSE is FULL of LIFE and that we don't even know what WE are OURSELVES are fully, nevermind trying to find out what else lies out there but who they really are as well as there intentions.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Gravity is nothing to do with spin, and is all to do with mass.

I don't think we can assume that just yet. Ever seen a gyroscope? Why does a gyroscope seem to defy gravity based on its spin. Many theories say all particles are gyroscopic in nature, which could explain why the gyroscope acts like it does.

www.gyroscopes.org...

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
space is pretty consistent. The other dimensions would be so small as to be imposibble for life to survive in them at this time. Density is really a meaningless point in this discussion.

If aliens exist they must be living in paralle universes, which will have different laws of physics to our own, making travel from there to here very hard indeed. In fact probably impossible.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I heard a theory about why we cannot visibly see Aliens on other planets. The theory is that these civilizations exist in other "dimensions" or "densities." I am sure most of you have heard that planet Earth is in either the 3rd or 4th density, and that we are slowly moving into a new density.

What does everyone here think about this theory? I am not sure what to think, because my human brain can barely even comprehend what a dimension or a density is in the first place. I just can't seem to fathom the concept of different dimensions...

Best explanation I can offer ...

www.scribd.com...

See page 5.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Xtraeme]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join