It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Creationist and a Book Sent Round the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com

In the United States, opposition to the teaching of evolution in public schools has largely been fueled by the religious right, particularly Protestant fundamentalism.

The book says that creatures today are just like creatures that lived in the fossil past, so evolution must be impossible.
Now another voice is entering the debate, in dramatic fashion.

It is the voice of Adnan Oktar of Turkey, who, under the name Harun Yahya, has...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed Copy/Paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I wonder how this will be received by those of the Christian faith since it supports creationism.

This book is being heavely funded by unknown benefactors and sent all around the world.

Note: the link contans two pages of information well worth the read.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
how about this being a ploy...

creating such a lavish tome, that exudes a sense of dignity to the person owning it, is the subliminal message thats being created...

also that the fundamental Christians are luke-warm in their conviction
about creationism...as all they offer is weak sermons & debate
While the Muslim creationists stand full force and no-cost-is-too-great
to give the world the real Truth...
that sends a message to the masses, both Christian & Muslim, Islamic

They are trying to create an Icon,
a tome of such value & opulence that the masses accept & believe what it says instead of having a critical analysis.
The tome is hoped to be a collectors item and an example of the Islamic worlds answer to Christian medieval 'Illuminated' Tomes.

a crazy idea that may take hold and become a milestone in the arts of Directing beliefs & fashioning ideologies, another cobblestone in the path of social engineering

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well considering that Ishmael was a son of Abrahm and wrote some of Genesis himself, and since they share that ancestry I don't find this to be too weird actually. They are just writing down what has already been written down, as well as any oral traditions they have. The truth about the Satanic Plot of Evolution effects all of us, so I have to say KUDOS to the Muslim...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You die-hards always give me a good laugh. 'Satanic Plot of Evolution';Thanks.

Listen, creation has no evidence. It only has some faith combined with some unanswered questions, holding hands with those who just fear having control of their lives. Evolution has some evidence, no proof, but evidence. Let it go.

Evolution doesn't hurt you. Creation doesn't hurt anybody. Why is it such a big deal?

Isn't great that people can write and publish their beliefs? Isn't great that you can read those and take and leave what you want?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wish they'd sent me one. It sounds like it would make for an interesting coffee table book.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.

Nice littler plot to help keep Christians divided in Ideologies with the help of a friendly creationist muslin.

This people are getting very good now at how to target the western world where it hurts.

With a new and brand ideology, that could be shared by fundamentalist Christians and Muslin alike.

I wonder who will be the first preacher leader to take seriously this new trend.

new topics

top topics

join