It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Evidence that Mayans and Atlantians interacted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Actually I posted this in an earlier post and then inadvertantly deleted the source so thought it was worth posting again with the comment that I believe that this type of stonework predates the Mayans.
Just my opinion of course but am hoping it may invite debate.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Since Mayans (as well as Aztecs, Toltecs, Olmecs, Phoenetians, Basques, The Mound Builders, Ancient Egyptians etc) are descendants of Atlanteans they could not have interacted.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
Since Mayans (as well as Aztecs, Toltecs, Olmecs, Phoenetians, Basques, The Mound Builders, Ancient Egyptians etc) are descendants of Atlanteans they could not have interacted.

Hi Grock,

An interesting theory could you tell me how you came to this conclusion and what information you have based it on ?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Actually I posted this in an earlier post and then inadvertantly deleted the source so thought it was worth posting again with the comment that I believe that this type of stonework predates the Mayans.

But of course!

The writers of alternative histories (who really don't do their research) pretend that the Mayans were the oldest people in the area, and that their presence dates to ... well, back to Ancient Ancient times.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Here's the mesoAmerican timeline:
www.d.umn.edu...

The first stoneworking civilization in the area (large stoneworking civilization) was the Olmec civilization. They existed about the same time as the Ancient Egyptians. Their stonework was comparable to the example you show, but is nothing compared to the huge temples and statuary being errected by the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans. Their carvings never came close in quality to the Roman and Greek and their use of color in paintings was limited.

Hunt up some images of Olmec temples and stonework, and then compare with the statues at Aswan (roughly the same period) and Hatshepsut's temple of Hathor and the Parthenon (built during the "Late Preclassic" in mesoamerican civilization timelines.)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks byrd for the timeline it made me realise my mistake.
The thread was created in light of the Maya and I have shown Incan stonework a parallel civilisation but further south in Peru.
My apoligies, however I still have difficulty in believing the Incas could create this type of stonework, my belief is it is much earlier and the Inca adopted it.
So if you believe this just how old could this stonework be ?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

the truth is there are many secrets being kept in this world, many secrets have been lost and destroyed. you cannot say anything is far fetched, i believe there is a certain power in this world that we have been purposly blinded to for our own benifit. so it would seem wouldn`t it now, that the human race is bound to destroy themselves no matter with the understanding of the powers of the universe or not.we believe we are advanced because of science and technology, the truth is we use our understanding of the sciences more for the purpose of destruction, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly man was never meant to weild so much power over the earth, men have more than once tiped the balance of power, nature is balance and it will seek a remedy. the only thing that is far fetched is believing anything is far fetched.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

the truth is there are many secrets being kept in this world

The irony of these words being posted anonymously has me flabbergasted!

Harte

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

You should read up on a prophet/healer called Edgar Cayce, a very interesting fellow around in the 30s, he was American. He would go into trance like states and could diagnose anyone and tell them how to cure their ailments and even the infamous David Rockerfellow visited him, he also prophecised future events as well as talked about the past.

Anyway on the Atlantians he claimed, were a high tech race and the surviving members went on to form ancient egypt. He also said that there is a vault or tomb under the left paw of the sphynx in egypt that contains the records and knowledge of the Atlantians.

Theres a few free documetaries available on him to watch online.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Plato is NOT the only known source on Atlantians the portugeese have many logs from ship captians of running into remnants of the civilization after it had collapsed. They where found as far away as Africa and some returned to the Azores with the ships! The egyptians lived with many of them.Several of the 25,000 summerian tablets being held by the british museums even talked about them as being "in" their community. Aside from that there has been proven to be so many holes in Platos writings as of late with new Archeology digs etc. Some are even leaning towards the fact that he had "rewritten" an even older tale to make it more palatteble to his time.(story predating plato by over 500 years and later found in egyptian temple glifs in 2000)
As far as the flying deal yes there has been mounds of evidence found in temples all over the world, many of the glifs depict craft similiar to helocopters and small planes. NONE of which represented any animals as the public has been lead to believe. I have seen the egyptian column that starting at the very top tells of the flying craft coming in from another "place", the colum its self it carbon dated to be well over 5,000 years old.( and no its not the one they showed on tv! this one was found a long time before and was taken off public viewing once they realised people could read what it said) It stated that "atlantis wasnt an "island" it was a continent and a people that where traveling all over the world! Many of the very oldest glifs talk about many peoples that seem to have just vanished etc. truth is the parts in the middle have just been hid. I have studied this for over 15 years and come to the conclusion that perhaps the atlantian race its self may have died out but its beliefs and sciences lived on in the races of numerous peoples they had integrated with on most all of the continents. As far as the age of any of them this has yet to be totally proved with out a doubt, many digs even here on the east coast in the USA have found fine silver work and city walls and tombs similiar to the egyptian ones burried in coal deposits over 2.5 million years old. (massachusets coal mines are one site) Keep loking there are alot of sites coming online now because the people on the digs are getting tired of everything being confiscated by governments etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Plato is NOT the only known source on Atlantians the portugeese have many logs from ship captians of running into remnants of the civilization after it had collapsed. They where found as far away as Africa and some returned to the Azores with the ships!

You can make any statement you wish on any subject, but without any evidence all you're doing is pretending.

Plato most certainly is the only ancient source on Atlantis, and the Portugese have no records whatsoever indicating that they "ran into" the remnants of any previously unknown ancient civilization.

Originally posted by xoxo stacieThe egyptians lived with many of them.Several of the 25,000 summerian tablets being held by the british museums even talked about them as being "in" their community.

Again, you saying it doesn't make it so.

The Egyptians never lived with any remnant of Atlantean society, and the Sumerians make no such mention of anything even remotely resembling Atlantis or Atlanteans.

Originally posted by xoxo stacieAside from that there has been proven to be so many holes in Platos writings as of late with new Archeology digs etc. Some are even leaning towards the fact that he had "rewritten" an even older tale to make it more palatteble to his time.(story predating plato by over 500 years and later found in egyptian temple glifs in 2000)

Yes, it is speculated that Plato based his Atlantean tale off information from Egypt that involved Keftiu. It is thought that Keftiu was what the Egyptians called the island of Crete.

Crete was swamped by tsunamis from the explosion of Thera around 1620 BCE. Check it out in this thread.

This is the source of the Thera (today called Santorini) as Atlantis Theory.

Originally posted by xoxo stacieAs far as the flying deal yes there has been mounds of evidence found in temples all over the world, many of the glifs depict craft similiar to helocopters and small planes. NONE of which represented any animals as the public has been lead to believe.

If this were true, one would think that you could name at least one example.

You can't because there is no such evidence anywhere on Earth.

Originally posted by xoxo stacieI have seen the egyptian column that starting at the very top tells of the flying craft coming in from another "place", the colum its self it carbon dated to be well over 5,000 years old.( and no its not the one they showed on tv! this one was found a long time before and was taken off public viewing once they realised people could read what it said)

Here you have decided to lie.

You know, you can't "carbon date" a stone column.

Originally posted by xoxo stacie many digs even here on the east coast in the USA have found fine silver work and city walls and tombs similiar to the egyptian ones burried in coal deposits over 2.5 million years old. (massachusets coal mines are one site)

This also is, unfortunately, blatantly false.

Why are you spreading disinformation/misinformation on this forum?

Harte

top topics

<< 1   >>

join