It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Evidence that Mayans and Atlantians interacted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hello all. I just wanted to write about something I noticed the other day. I was reading up on the city of Atlantis and how it supposedly looked. Pretty much the city is one big circle containing 5 other smaller circles within it. So in all there is a total of 6 circles.

In another book I read about the possiblity of the Atlantians seeking refuge and passing down their abilities to the Mayan people. If true, this could possibly explain why the Mayans worshipped a pale skinned, blond hair blue eyed deity (Quetzocoatl). Due to supposed evolutionary travel of human beings and location of physical variations in the human race (i.e. skin, eye, and hair color) the mayans should not have even been able to perceive that such a being could infact exist because technically they would not have come in contact with white/european humans until colonialization began. Just incase you don't know, Atlantians were believed to have the same physical features as the Mayans god Quetzocoatl. Stay with me here, because things start getting interesting.

Now this is all speculative but I think I have found a connection. I don't know why I never noticed before but I looked at the Mayan calendar and saw the same 6 circles that form the city of Atlantis.
This could be far fetched but I believe it's one hell of a coincidence. Tell me what you think...

[edit on 16-7-2007 by leira7]

[edit on 16-7-2007 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Not sure about the Atlantean connection, i'm of the opinion Atlantis (if it existed) was more than likely around the Azores.
I've read that Quetzalcoatl's physical appearance has also been described as having red hair instead of blonde, sorry dont have any links on hand.
I'm more inclined to believe that Quetzalcoatl was in fact a lost explorer of maybe Norse lineage than an Atlantean. Or perhaps a Guanche, though the dates dont really add up.
The most probable explanation is that he was just a mythical deity made up by the upper class to control and extort the masses like the rest of the religions around the world.

Keep digging though. Nice post.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just warning you guys, expect an expert-sounding post filled with half-truths (and in the case of Marduk, outright ridicule) from both Marduk and Byrd any time now.

They both look like they know what they're posting about but will really only give you half the story, the half that backs up the official version of the distant past.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Just warning you guys, expect an expert-sounding post filled with half-truths (and in the case of Marduk, outright ridicule) from both Marduk and Byrd any time now.

They both look like they know what they're posting about but will really only give you half the story, the half that backs up the official version of the distant past.

Ha, thats cool, Byrd is usually on the money and generally offers constructive criticism. And Marduk, well i've grown to love his style and appreciate the sharing of his knowledge, besides which i think he's misbehaved again and been banned. Bad Marduk!!.
It'd be a pretty boring place if we all agreed with each other wouldnt it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I would like to retract my statement about Marduk, he and I are actually trying to "make up".

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There are a few problems with your theory.

Originally posted by leira7
Hello all. I just wanted to write about something I noticed the other day. I was reading up on the city of Atlantis and how it supposedly looked. Pretty much the city is one big circle containing 5 other smaller circles within it. So in all there is a total of 6 circles.

You might want to look up Plato's original description. The diagram is mostly correct, but suggests a horse racing track that ran around a circular earth path around the central city.

According to Plato, Atlantis is about 400 miles in length and 200 miles wide, so... that drawing gives a 700+ mile race track for horses (among other errors.)

I always recommend that people go back to the original source and read that.

This page has good translations of both books:
www.activemind.com...

In another book I read about the possiblity of the Atlantians seeking refuge and passing down their abilities to the Mayan people.

There's a 10,000 year gap between the supposed Atlantean civilization and the Mayan civilization.

If true, this could possibly explain why the Mayans worshipped a pale skinned, blond hair blue eyed deity (Quetzocoatl). Due to supposed evolutionary travel of human beings and location of physical variations in the human race (i.e. skin, eye, and hair color) the mayans should not have even been able to perceive that such a being could infact exist because technically they would not have come in contact with white/european humans until colonialization began.

I don't see why they couldn't... they had green skinned gods, among other things.

However, the "white skinned Quetzalcoatl" may be something created from the Spanish priests.

If you look at the original sources (pictures of Quetzalcoatl -- do a Google search for Aztec art), you'll see that he's the same color as the rest of the gods and doesn't have blue eyes or red hair (though he is drawn with a red mane -- or green mane -- when he's in serpent form.) None of the hymns to him or texts about him that are carved in stone mention his having red/blonde hair and blue eyes.

weber.ucsd.edu...

Just incase you don't know, Atlantians were believed to have the same physical features as the Mayans god Quetzocoatl.

But Plato doesn't mention them looking any different than the Greeks of that time.

Also, Quetzalcoatl is a twin of another god, Xolotl :
weber.ucsd.edu...

This page is a very good review of everything that has been translated (original sources) on Quetzalcoatl. None of the information here has been channeled or taken from dreams, and makes note of where the information came from and who translated it:
weber.ucsd.edu...

This could be far fetched but I believe it's one hell of a coincidence. Tell me what you think...

The calendar is actually two wheels of text (writing) around a central figure. Lines (and a border design) separate one section of writing from another.

Sacred (important) numbers to them were 4,5,9, and 13. Not 6:
weber.ucsd.edu...

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Great find leira!
Atlanteans were probably tutors to Mayans and other tribes on American continent. This is how they became so advanced in astronomy, spirituality, architecture... And it also explains why they were so peaceful and unresistant to all to colonists and conquistadors when they came to savage, rape, torture and rob since they were expecting their great worshiped tutors to return one day...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhuzha
Great find leira!
Atlanteans were probably tutors to Mayans and other tribes on American continent. This is how they became so advanced in astronomy, spirituality, architecture... And it also explains why they were so peaceful and unresistant to all to colonists and conquistadors when they came to savage, rape, torture and rob since they were expecting their great worshiped tutors to return one day...

Uhm, the Atlanteans had been gone for 9,000 years before the Maya civilization rose. And the Aztecs and all weren't "unresistant."

Read the history. There were uprisings. The Aztecs had some superstitions but they sure fought! You must not have read much about Aztecs and the other civilizations there, with their blood sacrifices and killing babies and throwing virgins into sacrifical wells and cutting out the hearts of anyone they captured.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Great find leira!
Atlanteans were probably tutors to Mayans and other tribes on American continent. This is how they became so advanced in astronomy, spirituality, architecture...

As much as i'd like to believe the Atlantean myth, it's more likely that those Sth American civilisations made their own advances in astronomy, spirituality, architecture through their own experimentation not as a hand me down technology from remnants of Atlantis.
The more i research this the less inclined i am to believe that we weren't able to reach this level on our own without intervention.
I do however believe that there was pre-columbian contact between the old and the new world. Either Norse or Phoenician. There is circumstantial evidence to corroborate this not just myth.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well if they did then maybe they was responsible for the unique cyclopean stonework found there.
I have never seen this type of masonary represented anywhere else on the web I have come across.
So whoever was responsible for it could have been from a lost culture.
Ahh.. I guese I have just stated that I don't like the idea of the Olmecs. Mayans and Incas being responsible for it, maybe that should have been another thread, if so sorry I'm new here.

Oh.. example below by the way

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was just about to bring up the Olmecs and you beat me to it. lol

It's all speculation but I do believe that these ancient civilizations had something we don't today. I do wonder how the Egyptians knew about the Atlantians. The Atlantians were believe to have flying crafts. I wouldn't put it past them that some of these ancient civilizations had "alien" technology. The mayans had their crystal skulls (which could potentially be a mega computer chip), the sumerians are believed to have a stargate (possibly the last active one today) , some people think the egyptians had flying crafts as well and various other mind boggling technology (batteries, lights..) , I mean I wouldn't put it past our ancient ancestors.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It's all speculation but I do believe that these ancient civilizations had something we don't today.

Yep. The willpower and religious beliefs to put hundreds of thousands of people at the whim of just a few. It mattered little if 20,000 people died building Aztec pyramids (I have no idea if any did, just saying it wasnt an issue) for 100+ years (same thing).

Today, if 20,000 people would die building a new skyscraper over a 100 year period... Well you get the idea. They'll probably get sued for not completing the project in time.

The Atlantians were believe to have flying crafts.

Not at all according to Plato, the only known source to Atlantis.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Actually it isn't the problem of man power that puzzles me it's the way they were fitted together.
How do you work a stone to match so perfectly like that, and if you had a load of stone would it not make more sense to grade them and place the larger stones at the bottom working up to the smaller ones at the top so you did not have to lift the heavier ones so far.
It looks as if they was taken totally at random, or whatever was nearest to hand and made to fit what was already built.
It doesn't make any sense to me and does not seem to have been used anywhere else in the world, (well as far as my present knowledge anyway).
Where did this skill come from ? and where are these skills now ?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You're right about that particular case. I was talking ancient civilisations in general.

But do keep in mind, we're looking at generation upon generation of stone cutting knowledge. Something that doesnt exist today, so its pretty obvious it puzzle people.

It puzzles me how you can build a freakin 500 meter high tower of steel, glass and concrete and make everything fit together likes its been pulled out of the ground. But that's because I'm not a construction engineer.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by merka]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
But do keep in mind, we're looking at generation upon generation of stone cutting knowledge. Something that doesnt exist today, so its pretty obvious it puzzle people.

Masonry is hardly a lost art. plenty still about today that can not replicate the accuracy of some Ancient buildings using the tools they had then and in some cases, even with modern machine tools and heavy lifting gear.

Originally posted by merka
It puzzles me how you can build a freakin 500 meter high tower of steel, glass and concrete and make everything fit together likes its been pulled out of the ground. But that's because I'm not a construction engineer.

You don't have to be a construction engineer to know that skyscrapers and other modern "wonders" are put together using machine tooled or refined materials and components.

The fact that a city like Tiahuanaco is built so high up, and with stones weighing in order of 200 tons and fitting so perfectly that a razor blade cannot get in between them, is an amazing feat. All apparently done without the aid of the wheel, let alone any other advanced tools.

Modern attempts at reconstructing the site have failed dismally in reproducing the workmanship of the original builders, so it does raise an interesting question of exactly how they managed it.

EDIT: To add:

They worshipped many gods, and one of the most important gods was Viracocha, the god of action, shaper of many worlds, and destroyer of many worlds. He created people, with two servants, on a great piece of rock. Then he drew sections on the rock and sent his servants to name the tribes in those areas. In Tiwanaku he created the people out of rock and brought life to them through the earth. The Tiwanaku believed that Viracocha created giants to move the massive stones that comprise much of their archeology, but then grew unhappy with the giants and created a flood to destroy them.

The above is a brief outline of what is known of the Tiahuanaco religion.

The bolded bit I highlighted, does it sound familiar at all?

[edit on 23/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Great find leira!

Uhm, the Atlanteans had been gone for 9,000 years before the Maya civilization rose. And the Aztecs and all weren't "unresistant."

Read the history. There were uprisings. The Aztecs had some superstitions but they sure fought! You must not have read much about Aztecs and the other civilizations there, with their blood sacrifices and killing babies and throwing virgins into sacrifical wells and cutting out the hearts of anyone they captured.

Actually I was aware of this but thank you for the info.

I just have my own interpretations of history.

I take some information from the regular and some information from the alternative history and make my own picture. It can be very confusing sometimes

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If true, this could possibly explain why the Mayans worshipped a pale skinned, blond hair blue eyed deity (Quetzocoatl).

Quetzalcoatl was barely human, let alone Aryan. He wasn't known as the feathered serpent god for nothing. He is commonly depicted as a anthropomorphic bird, a snake, a combination of the two or a reptilian humanoid.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Quetzalcoatl was barely human, let alone Aryan. He wasn't known as the feathered serpent god for nothing. He is commonly depicted as a anthropomorphic bird, a snake, a combination of the two or a reptilian humanoid.

That is interesting because now it is making me wonder about what they are putting in these history books. I have always been told that Quetzocoatl was a feathered serpant but could also be the form of a man with those physical attributes. I swear I am not the only one saying this, I don't know who implanted it in our minds, but here is a site talking about the fair skinned connection with Quetszocoatl. I am not saying it's real, but I am saying that if this wasn't what the mayans believed, then why are they saying it in the history books?

www.epcc.edu...

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It seems to me, rightly or wrongly, that each civilisation in history and pre-history inherited or adopted somtheing of the previous civilisation.
You talk of the Mayans, however the Olmecs preceded them and the Aztecs succeeded the Mayans, consequently there was probably some cross fertilisation in Religion, Technology and Skills with some being forgotten entirely.
The precurser of the Olmecs I have no knowledge of but presumably there was one, and probably others before that so the peoples of the South Americas could conceivably span many thousands of years.
With that in mind then yes an ancient remnant from an another civilisation could have taught them, indirectly, a higher knowledge.
One of the arguments against your idea is that if the survivors of Atlantis had taught other civilisations than the evidence would be in similarities of their spoken and written language, however my response to this would be that if a minority people go to a land with a majority population then what is more likely is the minority will learn and speak the majority language.
But Astronomical, Mathmatical and Practical skills have no language or creed barriers so that should be the common denominator.
What does seem to be the case is advanced astronomical knowledge was almost global in all these ancient civilisations the evidence is their in their structures whether they be megalithic stones or complex pyramids, so go figure.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading this presentation- from National Geographic,

which seems to Exclude any 'Atlantis' linkage,,,
instead focusing on the 'conqueror' from whats now Mexico City...

note that the stelles are still being deciphered,
and a time-line, history re-construction revealed...

you'll enjoy this, and i'll link the 6th of the 6 pages,
and it will be up to you to backtrack to page 1...

www7.nationalgeographic.com...

enjoy- - -as you will
the starting point is the personnage named "A Fire Is Born"
~not some Atleatean from 10,000 years before the Maya"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join