Bill Clinton seems to get blamed by this Neocon administration for many things, but most of all for “losing bin Laden.” The ugly truth is that, in this case, they are probably right. Clinton’s team probably had good information on Osama’s whereabouts most of the time, since they were playing on the same team for most of Clinton’s two terms. It is becoming clear from the accumulating evidence that Bill Clinton resurrected Ronald Reagan’s Afghan strategy of using Islamist guerillas as his own covert foreign policy in Europe and other intransigent hot spots that seemed to be immune to normal diplomacy. Clinton’s foolish toying with Islamist killers is probably the spark that ignited the international jihad against America.
Those of us who are diehard “Bush haters,” like to blame Bush senior for creating Al Qaida, when he abandoned Afghanistan. The problem is, even though Bush did abandon the Afghans, it fell to the next misled president to breathe life into Al Qaida. According to Gen. Hameed Gul (former head of Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence-ISI- during the war against the Soviets), when Vice President George H. W. Bush became president in 1989, he threatened to “clip ISI’s wings.” (Gul now serves as an adviser to Pakistan’s extremist religious political parties. He may also be the source of the Al Qaida rumors that it was the Israeli Mossad, not bin Laden, that carried-out the 9/11 attacks, as well as the idea of creating an Islamic Caliphate, beginning with Afghanistan and the Central Asian Republics.) After the withdrawal of the Soviets on February 15, 1989, Bush began to make good on that threat. According to author George Crile, in Charlie’s War, on September 30, 1991, the end of the fiscal year, the flow officially stopped (except for $200 million [matched by the Saudis] hidden within the defense authorizations bill for 1992). After the US abandoned Afghanistan, to attack Saddam Hussein, the ISI was left alone to manage the Afghan tribal bloodbath and civil war. Soon after the liberation of Kabul, their man, Hezb-i-Islami leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar (long the main recipient of CIA weaponry) started the civil war, by firing rockets at Kabul. (The ISI later created the Taliban regime and installed them in power in 1996.)
Where was the outrage?
Hidden deep within an array of complex illegal foreign contributions to President Bill Clinton and the Democratic National Committee may lie a Red Chinese intelligence penetration into the highest levels of the U.S. government and America’s financial institutions.
What most in the U.S. press are lazily portraying as "campaign contribution abuse," is beginning to look more sinister and dangerous to the security of the United States. Only a handful of journalists have explored the possibility of a Chinese "economic-intelligence" penetration into the White House. New York Times columnist William Safire pointedly warned in a Jan. 2 column, "You don't have to be a conspiracy nut to recognize that China needs not only to learn trade secrets, but also to discover - perhaps even influence - U.S. government trade policy and negotiating positions that directly affect the $35 billion balance-of-trade surplus essential to the growth of China's military and economic power."
The world was also at peace, we had all our freedoms, things were going good for all Americans,
The reason we are in this mess started when GEORGE W BUSH became president- THE WAR PRESIDENT- and he masterminded along with Dickey the 9/11 plot to make him THE WAR TIME PRESIDENT.
1. They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
2. They are for redrawing the map of the Middle East and are willing to use force to do so.
3. They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
4. They accept the notion that the ends justify the meansthat hard-ball politics is a moral necessity.
5. They express no opposition to the welfare state.
6. They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
7. They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
8. They believe a powerful federal government is a benefit.
9. They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.
10. They believe neutrality in foreign affairs is ill-advised.
11. They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.
12. They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate.
13. Using American might to force American ideals on others is acceptable. Force should not be limited to the defense of our country.
14. 9-11 resulted from the lack of foreign entanglements, not from too many.
15. They dislike and despise libertarians (therefore, the same applies to all strict constitutionalists.)
16. They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
17. They unconditionally support Israel and have a close alliance with the Likud Party.
Originally posted by mrRviewer
the republicans were forcing the government to strike. those same individuals pulled goarge bush up out of the curb and polished him up to be a good puppet they can control in the big house.
It's amazing to me that while our government was focusing on "Lewinsky Gate," Mr. Clinton was having some pretty underhanded dealings with the Chinese.
Most of the members in charge of the Intell services on 9/11 were Clinton appointees because democrats were obstructing nominations left and right. So for the Conspiracy Theory to hold true Bill Clinton and his Intell appointees would have to be involved because you dont plan 9/11 in 8 months.
Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Clinton was one of the best presidents the United states has had in a very long time.
Originally posted by Cthulwho
I personally believe that America invaded Iraq to stop China from securing its oil, the same way they did with Zimbabwe and Venezuela.
Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
For all of faults of Bush at least we havent had A Ruby Ridge, or a Waco, or a Elian Gonzales situation.
Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I think if anyone wants to try and claim that Clinton was the 1st to try and 'use' radical Islamists then they are kidding themselves.