It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roman Catholic Church corrupted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Hmm I believe I already said the Rothschild family was involved Look back on my posts grasshopper.

Leyla, you appear to be out of your depth here. You do not read or understand even a little of what is being posted in this thread. The name grasshopper is actually pretty big in comparison to what you are portraying on a personal level. What I gave you, and for free - saving you precious time to post more in this thread, are the how's and why's of the Rothschild's involvement in the RCC. I am not posting the entirety of every site - i am leaving the door open for you to go and read and get other information if anything else. You appear to only read the first line, or a couple, of each post and start shooting from the hip. You have not, IMHO, added any value to this thread and to be callous, rather walk away.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Oh I'm not mad at you-not at all. I just figured you missed what I said. Don't let this get under your skin. Plus I was calling you grasshopper in a good way nothing bad. Don't let it bother you.

I read where the RCC has stocks, gold deposits, and thats wrong. Churches are supposed to be non-profit. And the RCC is anything but non profit.

When I have a chance to do in depth research I'll do it because I really want to look into this more. But forgive me it does get crazy around here now and then and I don't have the chance.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Rosabias said:

"Lets list some of their actions throughout history

The Crusades
The Inquisition
More Crusades
The burning of heretics (scientists) at the stake
The destruction of knowledge and people in the Americas by Catholic Missionaries
Molestations
The covering up of molestations

please forgive me if I left anything out, I'm hard at work here. However, if you can list some of the good that the church has done, maybe we can compare a body count. "

Good post by the Moderator, and thanks for taking a fair look at 2000 years of Catholicism. I just want to point out a few things to the person who wrote the above. He/she obviously only reads anti-Catholic propaganda and never reads anything remotely objective on these subjects.

First: The Crusades. Well, I'll be brief. They started out well, with good intention. Many good Christians left their homelands and died in the Holy Land at the hands of the Moors. But regardless of what misdeeds occurred - and look at your own American soldiers in Iraq and other places and how they treat the natives - if it were not for the Crusades, the Moors who had reached the southern tip of Ireland (If you know where that is), would have overtaken the whole of Europe. AND WE TODAY WOULD BE ON OUR PRAYER MATS CALLING TO "ALLAH"! America was heavily influenced by Europe.

As for the Inquisition, it did not take place in the whole of Europe. Detractors of the Catholic Faith, Jack Chick for one, would have us believe the 90,000 people died during the Inquisition. There weren't even 90,000 occupying the whole of Europe at the time. Actually, during that period it was the civil authorites who enforced trhe Inquisition, and the poor souls who got arrested would usually prefer to be dealt with by the religious authorities because they were more lenient.

But it was a time when torture was used for everyone, in all countries, but it's popular, isn't it, to bash the Catholic Church.

Burning of Heretics at the Stake. That was usually done by the Protestants. Calvin was a good one for that. Martin Luther was another. Oh, and he was violently anti-semitic too, and praised by the Nazis. The SS didn't have much time for the Catholic Church, and many of our priests and nuns died in concentration camps.

Catholics were persecuted for centuries by the Protestants in Ireland and in England. And yes, there a bit of persecution of Protestants too. But we have to be fair. Both sides are to blame.

As for molestation, I am a court reporter, and I have seen more Children's Aid Societies sued for placing children with foster parents who abused, molested, terrorised and misused these children - more than all the priests put togehter who are guilty of abuse. And don't forget the othe religions. You are too one-sided in this argument.

I guess you just listen to the media - soak it up - anything anti-Catholic is fair game - you dont' see or hera anything else - and then you end up here spouting all you can remember.

Sad. Do yourself a favour and do a bit of proper research.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Rasobasi420]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join