It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Disturbing View of Our Troops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
From my friends experiences of Iraq:

A british marine, he told me many a time that the americans were almost always responsible for causing and creating animosity towards the peace keeping troops that were over there.... when he was teamed up with the americans, they kept showing high degree's of immaturity and they almost always considered civilian Iraqi's as being 'terrorists' and created high degree's of paranoia amongst british troops.

Made the job a lot harder...

They should spend more time in Central Iraq and experience what the U.S. Marines and the Army is doing.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. This was bad managment all the way. The military was just doing it's job but you got to go to the top where the responsibility of this quagmire lies.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was station in Iraq. You have no clue what it feels like to be spat on by the very people your supposed to be "liberating" You have no clue what its like to have someone shake your hand only so that they can stall you long enough to make sure the IED is ready to blow you and your friends apart.

Raise your hand anyone in this forum if you've have to pick up your friends bodyparts after an explosion?...mine is raised.

You don't have a clue as to the anger this creates in you....just sitting there at your post or checkpoint...and WHAM...your buddy go's down from a sniper...and then search house to house looking for weapons...while hey lie and lie to you they don't have any...only to find them hidden in a wall...supply the same guys that blew your friend up yesterday or last week...ANYONE HERE would take them out back and use the but of their rifle to cave their skull in....

THIS IS WAR YOU IDIOTS.....THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE THE MILITARY TURN INTO POLICE OFFICERS....we are not police officers...WE ARE KILLERS....WE KILL thats our job...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Raise your hand anyone in this forum if you've have to pick up your friends bodyparts after an explosion?...mine is raised.

I can raise my hand on that one.

THIS IS WAR YOU IDIOTS.....THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE THE MILITARY TURN INTO POLICE OFFICERS....we are not police officers...WE ARE KILLERS....WE KILL thats our job...

Which is the best reason for getting the soldiers out of the conflict and out of harms way.
Personally I think pulling our troops back into the deserts are the best solution and letting the Iraqis settle this on thier own is the best solution.
Before you you paint me with the the anti war anti troop brush and term me an idiot keep in mind I have 3 of my kids over there.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You have to wonder whether it makes any sense to have the same soldiers keeping the peace that were sent over to invade the place. Wouldn't a UN truly multi-national force be more palatable to all concerned? Leaving aside the issue of whether the war was right or wrong the current "strategy" just isn't working.

Since the surge started there has been some progress in some areas (such as Anbar province - once an Al-Qaeda stronghold), but US military deaths are higher than ever and civilian Iraqi deaths seem to be the same (around 100 per day).

It seems that the level of violence is the same since troop numbers increased, but a higher proportion of attacks are against the US soldiers rather than sectarian killings.

My question is are the UK and US still in Iraq for pride's sake? George has said they'll stay the course, so that's what will happen regardless?

I hope that the family members and friends of the people on these boards return safe and sane.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

They should spend more time in Central Iraq and experience what the U.S. Marines and the Army is doing.

What killing civilans? Defending oil companies?

*Cough* Blackwater....

Don't even get me started on friendly fire...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Your post just summed everything up that is wrong about the INVASION.

This is what scares me. You admit all your wrongs and justify it.

Ask a British soldier if he/she is a killer and you'll more likely get a slap in the mouth. They are not mindless yahoo's or indeed take any form of delight (i.e smashing skulls in with rifle butts) from their job.

I ask you, if your country was over run by say Iraqi's (which there is absolutely no chance) then how many of you would be sniping their troops and hiding weapon cache's?

By the sounds of it - you disabled vet.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ask a British soldier if he/she is a killer and you'll more likely get a slap in the mouth. They are not mindless yahoo's or indeed take any form of delight (i.e smashing skulls in with rifle butts) from their job.

I ask you, if your country was over run by say Iraqi's (which there is absolutely no chance) then how many of you would be sniping their troops and hiding weapon cache's?

Pffft as if that matters about the conditions of war. What kind of war do you like? A nice clean one or the bad dirty one?

Lets use the British troops as an example when facing a situation dealing with suicide bombers.

www.breakingnews.ie...

Nato has launched an investigation into allegations that British forces opened fire on civilians, killing one and wounding six, after a suicide attack earlier this month.

Captain Andrew Salloum, a spokesman for Nato’s International Security Assistance Force, or ISAF, said the accusation was that British troops may have shot innocent civilians who sped away after a car bomb attack in Kandahar on December 3.

Captain Salloum said it was standard procedure to open an investigation when “a situation like that occurs and civilians are killed and there are allegations of ISAF wrongdoing”.

British troops killers? NOOOOO it can't be!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yea when your fighting an an imaginary enemy that would look exacatley like a cab driver in l.a. or new yourk... and the head honchos have no clue what to do..you know #s gonna hit the fan...oil wars are brutal..back door wars have a way of bleeding back on there perpatraitors....most of these kids had no more of a choice of mcdonaldes or the milatary...sex in the mid east is non-exsiteant..so if these horny mid west boys want some poo-taang its ether goat meat or there fellow girl enlistees...and its so unfair to trap these kids into this sexless trap..i say enlist geo. bushs daughters to be sex slaves for our troops over there..unlimited heron and cocain would make them willing partisapants of there dads folly.. crap giving a poor slum kid that just got his brain scrambled by an I>E>D a hand job should be considered patreoic...and i could see a naked jenna working that program better than all the condalesssa rice blather..if geo. is gonna go to pararway...i want to have a cabbana next to his so jenna can service me untill that old coot sends me a antrarx letter.....if anyone has guts to say different...git bizzi........

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
they are just brainwashed and trained to act a certain way. its a freakin war zone how do u expect them to act? I know not all are like this, but i have had some friends go and come back and they arent the same AT ALL they seem to have no emotion and dont give a damn about their own friends sometimes even their own family which is sad to say but i have seen it with my own eyes.
it sucks they sign up for this type of crap. yet it's nice someones willing to do it. I was going to join the Military myself actually. and i talked myself out of it i dont want my individuality broken down. i dont want to be in a war zone. and i don't want to be constantly told what to do what i cant do ..what kind of tattoos i can and cannot get. sure they help pay for school but at what cost? i dont want to become a robot with no emotion or care for others. but i do respect them .i have family in the military don't get me wrong.but each and every one of them came back completely different. one even came back dead.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Mr-Lizard...I feel sorry that you fall so such BS from stories you hear. As for your stupid Oil comment...How much oil have we taken from the country of Iraq since 2001? Please tell me...I'm REALLY curious...

Darkstormcrow...we talked a bit in the Blackwater thread...just wanted to take a moment and tell you that I agree with you and DisabledVet...Soldiers ARE NOT POLICE, and should never be put in that role, and thats a great reason to pull them out, or they need to stop the BS games and let them clean house and end the War the way a Military Ends war....

Also Dark, as a fellow Vet (as I cleared up
) My heart goes out to you as a father with children serving.....I wanted to tell you that in the other thread but here works fine too...

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The Iraq war has distracted us from the war we should be fighting and thats the one in Afganistan, think for a second if what Afganistan would look like now if we had spent 500 billion plus there rebuilding. What would the Worlds Opinion of the US be if we had spent that much money getting that country back on its feet.
Instead we have embarked on a Quasi Imperial war in Iraq with no end in sight keeping us in a constant war economy which while profitable for some is not sustainable.
160,000 Troops to secure Iraq is some paper pushers dream that many troops couldnt secure Metro Atlanta much less a country the size of California.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
Mr-Lizard...I feel sorry that you fall so such BS from stories you hear. As for your stupid Oil comment...How much oil have we taken from the country of Iraq since 2001? Please tell me...I'm REALLY curious...

I don't have to say anything, there's enough threads on this site that deal with this subject. First hand experience from a friend is hardly bull.

I think that you need to expand on your reading if you think its BS.

x

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
War is hell man and a turret mounted 50 cal. Browning is not a hood ornament. Soldiers are doing what they're trained to do. Kill things. Making them policemen is the real mistake.

After 2 tours in Iraq and a upcoming one in Afganistan..all I can say is HOOAH!! War is Hell..Period.. Why dont you enlist in the military to really find out what war is about??? Or just believe the media....

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Hey there hero....WE are killers, thats what we are trained to do...War is hell man...How do you think you have your freedom? Douchbag

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We need to either:

A) Stop this "nation building"

or

B) Create some type of paramilitary constabulary force that can handle police work in these places yet still have the firepower necessary to fight as light infantry if need be.

Since the Pentagon has rejected choice B over and over again the only logical option is choice A.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Douchbag? I have no idea what that means...

How do we have our freedom? I have no idea as to what you are talking about? Are the Iraqi's planning a take over? What about the afghans?

First I've heard of it.

We were pretty free before the either of the Gulf wars, but now we seem to be losing our freedom due to the so called revenge attacks / government dictatorship at home.

Oh yeah... sorry, I just remembered you're over there to give them freedom from tyranny and to free them of their oil reserves and maybe free them from the hell that they call life....

Back on topic. Sounds to me there's a lot of immature soliders over there with ingrained paranoia that is all too inherent in the American culture...
No wonder they are commiting these atrocities, they're barely out of school and have little or no experience of life.

As mentioned above, they seem to come back brainwashed and distant and cold. This has happened before in the first gulf war and to me at least, seems that the shell shocked soldiers are on the verge of nervous breakdowns.

Sad really.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by clevengercm

Hey there hero....WE are killers, thats what we are trained to do...War is hell man...How do you think you have your freedom? Douchbag

Our freedom?

There has not been a war worth fighting for or one that directly involved our freedom since the revolutionary war!

Never in any of these "wars" since the Revolutionary War was our security (as a free nation) at stake. Please. Tell me another one. However, if this is how you justify the decisions that you've made with your life to sleep through the night?.....that is very sad.

You need to deprogram yourself from the the brain washing that you received from your military service and read a book!

This a great article for you to read in response to your patriotic diatribe.

The Troops Don’t Defend Our Freedoms

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Perhaps Souljah's country would be willing to fill the void and bring peace and tranquility to this troubled land.

You see PEACE and TRANQUILITY in Iraq?

Or something even remotly close to that?

Major, you need some new glasses.

Or perhaps another pair of eyes.

[edit on 18/7/07 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's important to note this was done on purpose.

We know the Military isn't a police force, yet we use them as such anyhow. Those people that did this organization knew that.

They are trying to perpetuate the war, not end it.

There is no money in ending war.

There is lots of money in keeping a war going.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join