It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Threatens Israel on Golan Heights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

GOLAN HEIGHTS — If Israel doesn't vacate the strategic Golan Heights before September, Syrian guerillas will immediately launch "resistance operations" against the Golan's Jewish communities, a top official from Syrian President Bashar Assad's Baath party told the New York Sun in an interview.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Sure Syria is not making preperations for war.
Sure Syria does not plan on starting it........

Israeli security officials confirmed the stepped-up military presence of Syrian troops deployed along the Syrian side of the Golan Heights. The security officials noted the movement of Syrian Scud missiles near the border with Israel and said Syria recently increased production of rockets and acquired missiles capable of hitting central Israeli population centers.

The Syrian army has improved its fortifications, according to the Israeli security officials, and has received modern, Russian-made anti-tank missiles similar to the missiles that devastated Israeli tanks during the last Lebanon war, causing the highest number of Israeli troop casualties during 34 days of conflict. Syria also received from Russia advanced anti-aircraft missiles.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Sure seems like they are preparing to have a war, to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think Syria will certainly come out on top in such a potential conflict. This could spell the end for Israel.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I think Syria will certainly come out on top in such a potential conflict. This could spell the end for Israel.

That has to be one of the funniest statements I have heard on here. Exactly how would Syria prevail in a war with a fully mobilized Israel?

People seem to think that Israel's small foray into Lebanon was all that it is capable of. One thing Arab countries should not do is underestimate the Israeli airforce and Army. History has proven that to be a deadly mistake. If Bashir Assad were to attack Israel it would be fatal for him and his government.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

On several occasions Israel has proven it is more than enough for several countries at once.

Try googling Baaka valley and its battles between Israel and Syria.
72 migs shot down.
Not one plane of IDF shot down by a mig
So many radar sites were destroyed -using their own version of "wild weasels"
(en.wikipedia.org...), that Syria shut the few ones they had left off so they did not get destroyed too.

The funny thing is, even if Syria uses terrorists to fight, they still have military bases, airfields and such that can and would be flattened.

The big problem with giving up the land is that it is the "high ground".
Anyone knowing any military thinking, would NEVER give up the high ground to the enemy

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For Syria to start a war with Israel would be suicidal...Syria is bulking up its defences just in case anything happens like last years war with Hizbullah , but they are not stupid enough to provoke a full scale war.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I agree that Israel will not be defeated by no piss-ant dirt nation with a muslim population, or 6 of them combined. It is interesting to see who can g to all out war first though...

Iran, Bush, Israel, Syria or some other unknown?? I think the next attack will come from Bush and CO. on Americans and blamed on Iran for reason to attack Iran. Although I would't put it past Iran to make Israel launch an attack similar to their 80's attack on Iraqi Nuclear facilities.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
All the naysayers here apparently haven't been following Israel's constant retreat and humiliating defeats ever since 1979. First it was Sinai, then it was Gaza, next will it be Golan? The summer of 2006 was a very embarrassing "performance" for the IDF, as well.

Now, I agree that nobody in the neighborhood could take on Israel in a CONVENTIONAL war and win. However, if Syria and all the surrounding nations launched Katyusha strikes on the major population centers, Israel would not last long. The other countries wouldn't even need to kill that many people, they would just need to shake the average Israelis' confidence in the nation's security for them to leave the country. (This happened, by the way, on a large scale in 2006).

I sincerely hope Israel is defeated so that there may be peace once again in the Middle East. I know I'm going to get "flogged" for such a remark, but one must remember that the middle east was very quiet before Israel came on the scene.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Following the Israel – Egypt Peace Treaty of 1979, Israel agreed to withdraw from the Sinai Peninsula, in exchange for peace with its neighbor. For over two decades, the Sinai Peninsula was home to about 7,000 Israelis.

LINK

It was not a military loss, in fact just the opposite. It was part of a peace treaty

Israel has tried giving up land for peace-it doesn't work.

The Israeli withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula showed that Israel is willing to make painful sacrifices for peace. By withdrawing from Sinai, Israel gave up:

The homes of over 7,000 Israelis
The Alma Oil Field, valued at over $100 billion. Israel would have had energy independence had they held on to it.
More than 170 military installations
Dozens of early warning stations and strategic defense locations

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My point exactly, Monsoon. Such a huge sacrifice proves that Israel is weak and ultimate defeat is not far off.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My point exactly, Monsoon. Such a huge sacrifice proves that Israel is weak and ultimate defeat is not far off.

Or proves they want peace and are willing to give till it hurts to do so.

Don't forget that Israel has 2-400 nuclear weapons.

Don't fool yourself, they will use them to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Hm. How much will take to placate the seemingly endless anger of the Arab people? What will it mean for the Jews after the smoke clears from major Arab cities that have been struck by atomic bombs and everyone knows Israel did it? Surely the Arabs would want revenge...even 400 weapons is not enough to complete annihilate the Muslim world.

That would be like sacrificing the Jewish race to save Israel.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well Syria has been actively trying to get Israel to the bargaining table and they keep coming up with reasons not to. I guess if we are to believe this American version of the Jerusalem Post, well its possible but highly unlikely that Syria will be initiating the war since Israel has been "training" near the border for several weeks now. I believe this is just pre-premptive war propaganda to cover their tracks as usual.

Fromt the article:

He said Syria has "proof" Israel is also readying for a war.

"We hear about special Israeli trainings to take Damascus. We see that Israel is reestablishing bases of the Israeli army in the Golan that are unusual and not needed except for war. We believe the Israeli government has an interest in confronting Syria to rehabilitate its image of losing to Hezbollah," he said.

All very true statements. If Syria wanted to start a war they would have done something the moment their airspace was invaded by Israeli fighter jets when they overflew the Presidential mansion to threaten Assads life when the soldier was kidnapped last year. I call SHENS on the whole proposition that Syria wishes to initiate a war. I think the majority of the world knows who the agressor is here now after last years overly excessive show of collective punishment for the civilians of Lebanon and the people of Palestine.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just read another post here on ATS written by this very same guy but posted on WorldNutDaily news about Arafat dying from AIDS. If this hack isn't a propagandist form the Zionist right wing I'd be amazed. I wonder if he is any part of Benador Associates.

Terror chief: Arafat died of AIDS
Confidante says Abbas told him contents of French medical report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 12, 2007
3:00 p.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I said in the other thread: Are people seeing the pattern here?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

That has to be one of the funniest statements I have heard on here. Exactly how would Syria prevail in a war with a fully mobilized Israel?

I agree completely with pavil. It's laughable that you even think that Israel would fall to an inferior country like Syria.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Hm. How much will take to placate the seemingly endless anger of the Arab people? What will it mean for the Jews after the smoke clears from major Arab cities that have been struck by atomic bombs and everyone knows Israel did it? Surely the Arabs would want revenge...even 400 weapons is not enough to complete annihilate the Muslim world.

That would be like sacrificing the Jewish race to save Israel.

I am firmly convinced that the Arabs want nothing less then the death of every single Israeli and to litterly push the State of Israel into the Med ... basically genocide in other words.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why is everybody thinking conventional, localized war here?

A fight between Israel and Syria would be the catalyst for a larger regional war. We cant ignore the likely possibility of Iran and the US getting involved. The repercussions would also quickly fall into Lebanon, palestine, Iraq, and maybe even Egypt. where terrorist factions will create mass upheavel and dissent.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Vipassana]

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bush has already pledged full support and military intervention to support Israel, even if Israel is the aggressor. Can anyone say "bought"?

Just like the rest of Congress really, what with all their constant pledges of support for everything Israel does, whilst gratefully accepting the donations from AIPAC. It's like a feeding frenzy in the run up to elections to see who can suck up to them the most, quite sickening really.
So, Israel KNOWS the US (administration) is pledged to support them and they must be laughing hysterically at all those dumb goys who will die for them...again!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Bush has already pledged full support and military intervention to support Israel, even if Israel is the aggressor. Can anyone say "bought"?

Just like the rest of Congress really, what with all their constant pledges of support for everything Israel does, whilst gratefully accepting the donations from AIPAC. It's like a feeding frenzy in the run up to elections to see who can suck up to them the most, quite sickening really.
So, Israel KNOWS the US (administration) is pledged to support them and they must be laughing hysterically at all those dumb goys who will die for them...again!

Sooner or later, Israel will be completely and utterly defeated, but until then, we shall be completely in their thrall.

top topics

join