It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Food Made from Cardboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Chinese Food Made from Cardboard

www.cnn.com

BEIJING, China (AP) -- Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical and flavored with fatty pork and powdered seasoning, is a main ingredient in batches of steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Another reason not to consume anything from China.Seems they love to cut corners on ingredients in many things.Just disgusting.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ah, well I've been thinking it for many years, and now we can all know with confidence! Seriously, thats nasty though. This is just the stuff we know about. Imagine what we don't know about?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think the frozen pizza industry has been doing this for years, just with less "softening" chemicals.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Is this where the whole

"Big fish little fish cardboard box"

concept came from?

Makes you wonder!

And just so you know I can do it so much better than that!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
:shk: Wow some people just haveway too much time on their hands.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Ok, before I get all upset! Was that aimed at me or the kids in the vid?

And can you honestly say that if youtube was around when you were a party going teenager there wouldn't be any vids of you doing stupid stuff.

I wish I was 15 years younger!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'd rather just eat food and not know what is really in it. :shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Ok, before I get all upset! Was that aimed at me or the kids in the vid?

And can you honestly say that if youtube was around when you were a party going teenager there wouldn't be any vids of you doing stupid stuff.

I wish I was 15 years younger!

Calm down Chikey- Iwas refering to the video not you.And oh yeah if youtube were around 20 years ago for sure I'd be on there and it would not be pretty.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If it was aimmed at me the next question would have been.

How do you know I have too much time on my hands? have you been talking to Mrs Monkey?

My covers been blown! Now I'm completely screwed! She'll have me cleaning the fridge and stuff AAAahhhhgghhhghhggggg!

BTW My three year old can now do the "Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box" dance! only after a few times he likes to go all freestyle.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
No no Chikey- not chatting with your Mrs. The fact that your 3 year old can do that is adorable,and I have seen the pics you posted, what a cutie.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No no Chikey- not chatting with your Mrs. The fact that your 3 year old can do that is adorable,and I have seen the pics you posted, what a cutie.

Haha Thanks! Unfortunatly he completely takes after his daddy and is a huge pain in the ass! We both drive my wife crazy!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Haha Thanks! Unfortunatly he completely takes after his daddy and is a huge pain in the ass! We both drive my wife crazy!

Well I'm sure she loves you both no matter what.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It was all a hoax.

A freelance reporter for a Beijing television station has been detained for faking a hidden camera report about street vendors who used chemical-soaked cardboard to fill meat buns, local media said.The story, allegedly shot with a hidden camera, was first broadcast on Beijing Television's Life Channel on July 8 and then again on China Central Television last week.

Beijing Television apologized to the public during an evening news broadcast Wednesday and said the reporter, identified by the official Xinhua News Agency as Zi Beijia, was detained by police. A copy of the broadcast was obtained by AP Television News on Thursday.

usatoday.com

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It may very well have been a fake/hoax, but I don't trust the ChiCom gov't enough to accept this new report of a hoax at face value.

top topics

join