It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All 435 congressmen are up for re-election next year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well it seems that we have

That's a total of 469 lame ducks
as Dobbs very eloquently refer too.

Are you ready to do something for your nation, we may be able to get rid of some of the parasitic and rotten ones, I hope.

For the record, there are 245 Democratic and 224 Republican lame ducks in Washington. And with the rising registration of Independents across the country, next year may be a bad season for lame ducks.

www.cnn.com...

Smells like hunting season to me with soo many lame ducks sitting and waiting.

Perhaps is the season for steeping out of the routine and bring some new blood from the ranks of independent groups.

Time for Americans to get involved rather than complaining.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I actually like my Rep, Joe Barton. For the most part he responds to my inquiries about whatever I feel like asking. In a few years, I'd love to have his job, but I must wait till I'm 25. He's a Republican, I could be a Dem and then we'll see who wins, hahahahaha.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh geeze!! I forgot that I could run now!! I may just do that. I dunno whether I could rally enough votes without any money, but it might be a nice idea to try.

But, as for my reps, all of them are leaving, if I have anything to say about it. None of them are any good for anything, except poo-flinging; they excel at that.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
One of the things you can do to check how really rotten is your Representatives, is looking into their disclosure of moneys coming from donations.

If he gets most of his money from interest groups That have certain goals in your state and that will no benefit you or your state then he may not be a good representative.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My Rep is fighti the deal between TXU and the private equity company trying to buy them. It's a huge deal, like $45 billion or so; I would think a corrupt politician would let that deal slide through.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
My Rep is fighti the deal between TXU and the private equity company trying to buy them.

Remember that at the end of the working day somebody will be making a killing from that deal.

My representatives support amnesty occurs I am in Ga and is a big benefit from farmers to have illegals working in our state.

So both of them voted yes for the immigration bill the first time.

But the second time the phone calls and E-mails were so overwhelming and both democrats and republican voters so outrage that they had to change their votes.

See when elections become an issue you be surprise what our leaders do just to be able to stay in their lucrative seat in the white house.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hmmm, I like my Rep. She's ok, been in office for awhile. I wouldn't mind though running for office when I'm old enough. Or maybe run against the Mayor. Well, she's cool though to. She's like three houses down and stuff and I've mowed her lawn for her and stuff.

Hmmm, well, I like my Rep and so do most people around here (Machias, Maine) but would be so cool to hold office! But you need money to be a Representitive so you have a house in your district and in D.C. Or is that only Senators that need that?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightstorm

Hmmm, well, I like my Rep and so do most people around here (Machias, Maine) but would be so cool to hold office! But you need money to be a Representitive so you have a house in your district and in D.C. Or is that only Senators that need that?

The money is raised throught campaigns and from the support of the people that will be your voters.

That is why is a process to become involved into politics the more people get to know you in your state the better for you.

Go-getter,' 18, ousts mayor in Michigan

To be a mayor of a city you can be as young as 18

www.usatoday.com...

This site has great information on how the law works.

www.lawforkids.org...

What are the requirements to become a member of the U.S. Senate?

The requirements for becoming a United States Senator are defined precisely in the United States Constitution. The provisions related to the Senate are found in Article 1, Section 3.

1) you must be at least 30 years old, 2) you must be a citizen of the United States for at least nine years, and 3) you must be a citizen of the state for which you are running as a candidate for the senate. (US Const, Art 1, Sec 3, Cl 3)

In case you're wondering about the House of Representatives, the requirements are similar. You must be at least 25 years old instead of 30 and have been a citizen for seven years instead of nine. (US Const, Art 1, Sec 2, Cl 2)

Now about them living in the Capitol state I believe is their choice, I may be mistaken.

new topics

top topics

join