It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springfield Vermont Now Home Of Simpsons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
For all of you Simpson's fans Springfield Vermont has been named the home of the Simpsons. This is being done to publicize the soon to be released movie. I hope to be one of the first to see it also.

Springfield beat out 13 other Springfields for the honour, which includes hosting the premiere of The Simpsons Movie on July 26.

20th Century Fox ran an online poll on the USA Today website inviting people to vote for their favourite of 14 videos submitted by the competing Springfields.

sorce

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In the event any one has actually read this thread I found a pretty good comentary on the Simpsons and the soon to be reliced movie.

Once, it was the greatest show on TV. Every episode was brimming with imagination, excitement and some of the sharpest one-liners to come out of America for decades. But above all it was smart: The Simpsons knew how to parry crudity with intelligence blow for blow. Bart's big-haired nemesis Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake nine times would be followed up with a surreal two-minute performance of HMS Pinafore. Homer lobbing a lookalike of himself over a waterfall would be followed by a reference to Walt Whitman's collection of poems, Leaves and Grass. This was dizzyingly intelligent, daring, exhilarating stuff. For every burp gag came an arch pop-culture reference. For every time Homer fell down the stairs or Bart got strangled, we had a nifty TV parody or sly political dig.

And it kept on coming, week after week. An entire generation didn't understand it. George Bush senior, then US president, even wished aloud that American families could be more like the Waltons than the Simpsons. A massive rift opened up between those who "got" The Simpsons and those who hated it. You chose your side carefully. To be a Simpsons fan was truly one of the most privileged things in the world.

Then it all changed. A new guard took over and ripped up the rules. Veterans of the show with pedigrees on venerated US comedy institutions like Saturday Night Live and The Tonight Show - Jon Vitti, George Meyer, John Schwartzwelder - either departed or went part-time. In came writers who had cut their teeth on sappy teen comedies like Blossom and unsophisticated knockabouts like Beavis and Butt-Head. A looser, lazier sensibility took hold, given free rein by new executive producer Mike Scully. And the show became stupid.

sorce

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Bah...there was one episode, can't remember the title, but they didn't say which Springfield, but did (I think as an alien ship was falling towards it) imply that it was one of the ones in the Great Lakes area (especially Illinois)....

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Cant say I recognize the episode but all the same thanks for posting.
It was looking like this thread was going to go no where but got at least one post now.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
lol do you reckon the property prices will go up in Vermont now because of this ?.
Im going to see this movie though, it does look good.
Did you see the giant chalk outline of Homer they did next to the Cerne Abbas in Dorset UK ?, the Pagans got the hump and "pledged to perform "rain magic" to wash it away".
It must be gone by now with all the rain we have had but you'll beable to find a pic if you have a search, i think it looked great lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think if you have seen every episode of the simpsons ever made you can narrow down the state they live in. There are so many episodes where they take a vacation to another state, or mention that they do not come from a certain state.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skush

Im going to see this movie though, it does look good.
Did you see the giant chalk outline of Homer they did next to the Cerne Abbas in Dorset UK ?,

I plan to see the movie just because I like the simpsons. I do not remember seeing the chalk drawing though. If you find it please do post it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes there's a pic in this news article,

www.ananova.com...

It's 180ft painted with "water-based biodegradable paint"

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Skush,
That is a good pic. Thanks

So will the donut or the club be the victor?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I am one of 200 volunteers who appeared in the winning Springfield Vermont video. After we helped our local Chamber of Commerce win the contest, they turned their backs on us. We should have been the first in town to be receive invitations to the world premiere but the elite in town were awarded our seats instead. And then not even a word of thanks or mention of us in the public ceremony outside the theater! More details and comments on my webpage:

www.vermontel.net...

new topics

top topics

join