It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Live Earth Concert thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I started this for everyone to post their thoughts on the concerts.Did you like them or not? Was it a good lineup of Artists in your opinion?Good coverage from where you live? Did anyone actually attend a concert?
Iam watching as much as I can on CTV which keeps switching from one city to another.Loved the opening show in Shanghai last night, Sneeky Sound system was great in Australia.Just watched Genesis and Snow Patrol from London- and looking forward to Duran Duran.Will keep posted.
Please add your thoughts on this below.BTW- I do not go for the whole Al Gore thing, but thats my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Black Eyed Peas are rockin' London now.Suppose everyone else is watching it all on the telly.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What station is it on? I can't find it anywhere...

Nevermind....found it...

[edit on 7/7/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Rocked out with Duran Duran.Now waiting for Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Metallica performance just ended... 3 songs:

Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

well at least they didn't play any post-Black Album crap.

Spinal Tap is next! \m/

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
w00t! Spinal Tap rocked! \m/

Stonehenge
Warmer Than Hell (?, never heard that one before)
Big Bottom

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Metallica and Spinal Tap rocked my world! Love the whole fill the stage with all the Bass players.Sweet. Not a huge James Blunt fan, so I'm waiting for Beastie Boys and Foo Fighters.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
yeah that was pretty cool with all the bassists up there. i never heard of JB, but i'll watch the Beastie Boys and then that's it for the London show for me. Smashing Pumpkins are playing later at the NYC show; can't wait to see that.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz
yeah that was pretty cool with all the bassists up there. i never heard of JB, but i'll watch the Beastie Boys and then that's it for the London show for me. Smashing Pumpkins are playing later at the NYC show; can't wait to see that.
Are you gonna stay tuned in to watch The Police too?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i haven't seen the Beastie Boys in years, that was pretty cool.

As for The Police, not sure about that... i like Sting better as an actor and that song 'Roxanne' really drives me insane. i'll probably check 'em out though.

[edit on 7 7Jul 07 by m3rlz]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz
i haven't seen the Beastie Boys in years, that was pretty cool.

As for The Police, not sure about that... i like Sting better as an actor and that song 'Roxanne' really drives me insane. i'll probably check 'em out though.

[edit on 7 7Jul 07 by m3rlz]
Beastie Boys were INSANE! Are you missing the Pussycat dolls?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
LMAO, i actually watched the pussycat dolls... never heard of 'em and i can't say i liked their music, but they are hot! i couldn't not watch it; sweet, sexy, seductive. the one main chick kinda reminded me of Salma Hayek; mmmmm.... lol!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well being female and all, i can't say they are hot, but I suppose every concert needs some eye candy.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The concert in London ended with Madonna and she was awesome! Since when does she play guitar!?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
eh i dont see the big hype...oh the earth is in need lets put on a concert and waste even more energy/electricity..eh

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
The concert in London ended with Madonna and she was awesome! Since when does she play guitar!?

lol, i saw that too, but just for a second... smashing pumpkins are almost up!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
omfg, cameron diaz looks really nice!

too bad she's spewing all that globalist propaganda...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
LOL, look at Bon Jovi, what a hoser!

omg this is sad...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
well although Bon Jovi's self-titled album from '84 is the only one that rocks, they did a nice job on 'Dead or Alive'... Richie Sambora is a helluva guitarist... almost time for the Pumpkins!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've watched a number of the performers and, sure, there were bad acts, but there were some great ones too. The Foo Fighters sure hit the right notes, for instance and I'm looking forward to watching Roger Waters perform.

The feeds I saw were coming from Frankfurt, London, Rio, Johanessburg and New York and those crowds were having fun, so I don't know what the beef about a free consert is, really. It made for some fun viewing between chores.

People complain about the stars being the worst consumers there are.

Well, you got a point... I noticed Alicia Keyes drinking out of a plastic bottle and you know how bad disposable products are.

But, the thing is... if you want to get a message out, who do you call? Dick Cheney? Naw...

I didn't hear anybody whining about the well-fed performers at the Live Aid concert and Elton John sure wasn't a starved puppy back then either, was he?

Another point... who are the ones to suffer if there is an iota of truth to the GW threat? Anyone over 50 going to be severely impacted? Nope... it'll be the young people of the world. So... who should be the ones to decide to change things if not the youth? They are the future consumers, so corporations should take heed. Old farts like me are just going to fade away in a couple of decades.

And what is the one vehicle to get the attention of youth worldwide? Yup...rock stars.

It's 1965 all over again and I, for one, am glad to see it happening.

<<   2 >>

join