It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Live Earth Concert thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i just happened to catch Lenny Kravitz and 'are ya gonna go my way'... that rocked!

and masqua, u have a nice post, but do you really believe all this global warming crap? what a crock... the whole solar system is warming at the moment, not just the earth. this is do to the phase that the sun is going thru... this whole GW charade is such a joke, lol...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I might or might not believe this GW stuff, but I do dislike seeing plastic shopping bags hanging in my trees. I dislike the stench of smog. I hate seeing rivers with no fish in them because of the run-off from pesticides.

I could go on for 10 pages of the things I dislike about the way we treat our environment.

It's easy to live in a city and ignore the open countryside, I suppose, but the countryside is where I live and it isn't getting better.

I'll give you a hint as to where i stand, though... the glaciers and the Arctic are melting and the deserts are spreading. Now, whether it's due to humans or not is the big Fragile Earth debate. Personally, I don't care... something is making things warmer... I think we need to act on it however we can.

[edit on 7/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
wow the Smashing Pumpkins rocked! that was so cool! altho not the original line-up, that did rock... and they have a new album coming out on the 10th, sounds like it will rock! SP was one of my favorite bands back in the early 90s, so nice to see 'em performing again.

and masqua, glaciers may be melting and deserts may be spreading, but there's nothing we can do about that... the whole solar system is warming at the moment. the earth goes thru changes... it always has and it always will. you should check out this vid for some more info... al gore is an nwo shill and always will be. there is no 'GW' as they make it out to be, it is all a crock! just another way to impose a new tax and make billions of $$ off all of us...

The Great Global Warming Swindle:
video.google.com...

p.s. - i just read your 'Art, the Shaman and a Quantum Physicist' thread... quite interesting.

[edit on 7 7Jul 07 by m3rlz]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Perhaps you're right... but you can cut back on electricity so that there is less demand for smog creating plants like coal-fired generators and you can cut back on cosmetic pesticide use and gas-guzzling SUV's. After all, those actions put money in your pockets

Saying there's nothing we can do about it seems defeatist to me, really. Cutting smog over our cities is certainly going to cut expenses for medical problems associated with breathing the toxin air.

If not for the glaciers, do it for your kids.

edit to add;

Thanks for the plug on my thread... I've left it alone too long and need to get back to it. I was travelling in New Brunswick where 80% of the land is still covered with trees (a paradise).

[edit on 7/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Roxanne! omg i hate that song, lol...

i thought The Police had a nice lil set tho, until they brought out that black dude during 'message in a bottle', wtf was up with that? not that i have anything against blacks but that just ruined the song... and then al gore came out at the end, lmfao...!

ahh well, some good sets were played, i enjoyed what i did watch...

GW is a farce people, research it for yourselves!

rock on! \m/

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Check out how many pick up's Harry Shearer has on his Bass.
Spinal Tap are hilarious.

Crowded House and Wolfmother were awesome in Oz.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
awesome pic mang! i noticed all those pick ups too; looks whacked... lol!

on another note, here's a new article from the Daily Mail...

Live Earth is promoting green to save the planet - what planet are they on?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Interesting note on this event...

CBC just reported an extimated 2 billion people either were at the venues or tuned in to watch it.

Hmmm... that's almost 1/3 of the population of this planet and that's impressive. Whether you agree with the message or not, you'll never convince me that the message didn't get out.

There were 400,000 on the beach in Rio... doesn't that rival Woostock alone?

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, but Iam officially bummed out.Just before Bon Jovi was to take the stage my channel started playing re casts of the performers who already played.They never showed anything from New York After that.Not even the Police, and I waited all day.That sucks. CTV sucks in my book right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
AccessDenied,

Check you tube now or in the next day or two. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find what you missed.

I missed Paul Kelly in Oz but I just found his gig on you tube.

sanc

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Thank you Sanctum, I'll try that.I just can't understand why they didn't show it.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Post moved from ATS, as the thread got locked. What? But give them credit for not deleting it!
Live Earth Concerts go Global

www.liveearth.org...

Definitely a worthwhile event even if you don't give a rat's patooty about the planet. Dozens of music artists hit the stages to play some of the best music spanning 40 or more years. For the people who do care this day marks the beginning of a global attempt to make a difference. NBC aired concerts from most of the bigger concerts with some brief clips of other concerts. The majority of the taped and live feeds were from England, USA, Australia, South Africa and Germany, Fantastic clips were also from Japan, China and Brazil. Great show of global unity that we have not seen since the late 1990s.

The main message was about making a difference even in the smallest of increments that on a global scale will slightly offset the release of carbon and other targeted emissions.

Some of the easy targets are light bulbs and driving habits. Changing out many of your incandescent bulbs for CFLs make saves money and means less changing of bulbs. Changing driving habits is another. If you can carpool that's great, this ones not always convenient for everyone. I personally would use public trans if it were available. Planning trips for shopping around other events instead of single trips is one that most of us can do. Most people I know already do grocery shopping after work saving that Saturday trip leaving more time to tool around the yard on weekends or get the bicycle out for those cooler days.

We can all do a little on our part, even if it's just to save money.

[B]Here is the list of changes I've made.[/B]
most of the lights I have on at night are CFLs or standard florescent.
I've switched my gardening to Earth Boxes that are self contained reducing the water used by 80%. I now water with about 2 gallons of water for what used to take 16-20 in a standard garden.
Recycle all cans, bottles, plastics and compost kitchen and lawn scraps.
Where possible reduce water usage and turn off appliances not in use.
Unplug all wall power charger after the cycle is done.

[B]Next on my list:[/B]
Improve insulation and weather tightness of residence.
Solar heating to supplement heat-pumps and gas furnaces.
Solar power to light green house and landscape.

[B]Future additions to reduce my carbon footprint.[/B]
Geothermal heat exchanger to reduce heat-pump operating costs.
Upgrade heat-pumps to higher SEER.
Install solar collector for lighting and other low wattage systems.
Replace one or both vehicles with Hybrid or other greener transportation.

Gripes: Why do cell phones, Ipods and other gadgetry all use strange non-standard power sources. The worst Ipod, the connectors on that thing are insane and inconvenient. It is also not friendly to a solar based charging station.

Update: I recieved a PM where to fine solar charger(s) for the Ipod.

[edit on 7/8/2007 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I suppose it was because I posted my thread as the concert was going on.It is a kick ass post you have there and definitely deserves recognition.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i watched the show all day on liveearth.msn.com.... i just checked and you can still go there and see the shows replay.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yes I see that too.I'm gonna watch everything I missed, including Linkin Park.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well the MSN concert thing didn't work because my computer is being stupid, however I did get to see the footage I missed on You tube.Linkin Park was awesome.Then I watched the Police, and I'm dancing in my chair to Message in a Bottle, when on stage comes Kanye West.Sorry, but in my opinion, he took a fabulous song and demolished it.:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join