It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 10
49
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   


There has been an absolute flood of anti god, anti christian literature in recent years in the west.


I agree with you Seventhunders, even though I am alternative in my beliefs, I can see.

I have mixed emotions, if you follow the teachings of jesus only, to love one another, For if we love one another there is no need for the laws,

I think the Christian Church in many ways has reformed, some other faiths need to follow.

It aint gonna happen any time soon.




posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'd disagree with the whole Egyptian premiss. Christianity is an amalgamation of all sorts of religions, primarily Zoroastrian. It's said that three wise men visited Bambino Jesus, apparently they were from Persia, Zoroastrian Magi.

Here's an interesting article on:
Zoroastrianism & Christianity
It really is a cracking read!



posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
I'd disagree with the whole Egyptian premiss. Christianity is an amalgamation of all sorts of religions, primarily Zoroastrian. It's said that three wise men visited Bambino Jesus, apparently they were from Persia, Zoroastrian Magi.

Here's an interesting article on:
Zoroastrianism & Christianity
It really is a cracking read!


Yea I have read it before Deny, everything is connected.



posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I have no intention of arguing with a fanatic like you Sun Matrix... you are predictable and boring and your connections are totally off kilter per usual.


This is a step in the right direction. I have found that facts and truth has this effect.


It's not hard to disprove all this nonsense when the facts are brought out. We can track the origin of religion to Babylon.


[edit on 3-8-2007 by Sun Matrix]



posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So let's say Christianity has it roots in the past religions, this doesn't make the teaching of the Christ any less beautiful.

Love one another, nothing more needs to be said,

The message was the right one.



posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
So let's say Christianity has it roots in the past religions, this doesn't make the teaching of the Christ any less beautiful.


Christianity has its roots in Judaism. Jesus is the prophesied Messiah that the Jews would reject......even as their own writings prophesied.


These other religions come from Lucifer the bringer of light.....the sun god. Nimrod at his death became Baal and was now the sun. All these false religions and false gods can be tracked there. From Japan and the land of the rising sun to Egypt and Ra and Osiris to the Zeus and Hercules to Sol Invictus and Apollo etc. etc.

You have a choice to research the truth and history or read some blind clowns book and let the blind lead the blind.



posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   


You have a choice to research the truth and history or read some blind clowns book and let the blind lead the blind.


What blind clown was that?

I am not saying the messiah did not exist.

I am saying don't shoot the messenger.

and I have researched these things, so much research I am weary of it all,

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]



posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

What blind clown was that?

I am not saying the messiah did not exist.

I am saying don't shoot the messenger.



Sorry Stormdancer. I was referring to Joseph Campbell and some of these other clowns that ignore the archaeological evidence and write these books of nonsense. They lead so many astray who don't take the time to examine the evidence for themselves. They are the blind leading the blind.

As for you, I don't think you understand the truth, but you are wise in seeing the message of the Messiah is a message of peace.

If you are interested in finding the truth, just sit down and have a sincere talk with God. You will be amazed at what happens. If you seek, you will find. If you don't, you won't. It's pretty simple.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is the luciferians method of creating doubt in Christianity so they will
believe their lies...Read www.watch.pair.com and see how the occultists have
constantly led believers of Jesus astray though the ages...The Bible is true and accurate. (King James Bible Version) Most others are corrupted. Gods word
stands and HE ic returning in the next twenty years or so. The end of the Bible
states Lucifer Looses. Why would anyone want to be on the losing side???????????



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Luciferians?????? Is this what all religions apart from Christianity are? And all the ones that preceeded it?

I am always staggered by the way some people appear more than happy to abandon all reason to a fundamentalist belief.

I've even heard of Popes that are more tolerant of other religions than some of you guys:

"we worship and confess the same God though in diverse forms and daily praise and adore him as the creator of this world" - Pope Gregory VII to the Muslim Ruler of Mauritania

If you choose to belive in a God and Religion then please use it for good and peace, instead of anger and bigotry.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by DenyAllKnowledge]



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge

I am always staggered by the way some people appear more than happy to abandon all reason to a fundamentalist belief.


It is because of facts, history, archaelogy and truth that I believe in the prophesied Messiah....Jesus the Christ. I have checked the facts and understand the source of religion.




I've even heard of Popes that are more tolerant of other religions than some of you guys:

"we worship and confess the same God though in diverse forms and daily praise and adore him as the creator of this world" - Pope Gregory VII to the Muslim Ruler of Mauritania


Try studying the facts. In St. Peters Square there stands an Egyptian Obelisk in a place of prominance. It was moved from the place where Christians were martyred. Constantine formed the Catholic church but was still a worshipper of Sol Invictus.

The Romans couldn't kill all the Christians so they took over the movement.

WE DO NOT WORSHIP THE SAME GOD.




If you choose to belive in a God and Religion then please use it for good and peace, instead of anger and bigotry.


I don't believe in a god....I believe in the God...........but I have no use for religion. You seem confused about the anger and bigotry. Better check the facts.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Firstly I am guilty of not reading all the threads in this post but im about to head out to work so here is my question....This linkage made to the Jesus story by earlier Deity's like Horus, Mithra and others has how many reliable references made in literature ? I only really see Acharya S and her references to shady books and her own poetic license.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Try studying the facts. In St. Peters Square there stands an Egyptian Obelisk in a place of prominance. It was moved from the place where Christians were martyred. Constantine formed the Catholic church but was still a worshipper of Sol Invictus.

The Romans couldn't kill all the Christians so they took over the movement.



So the obelisk is a rather grisly reminder/trophy of acts occuring in the past. Significance? Another symbol of suffering like the cross.

The Catholic church incorporated many of the defining points of the Mithras Cult (or Sol Invictus as you delight in calling it) and other more sophisticated eastern religions, this was primarily so that the army wouldn't oppose the new official state religion.

Like pretty much everything the Romans didn't defeat, enemies, cults, etc, they absorbed christianity and Romanized it.


Originally posted by Sun Matrix
I don't believe in a god....I believe in the God...........but I have no use for religion. You seem confused about the anger and bigotry. Better check the facts.


How "I don't believe in a god....I believe in the God" merits being a fact (to anyone but yourself and likeminded fundamentalists), I don't know.

Clearly you've got a direct line to the almighty, sadly some of us don't and so we struggle to make sense of the world by looking at inconvenient facts.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge

So the obelisk is a rather grisly reminder/trophy of acts occuring in the past. Significance? Another symbol of suffering like the cross.


Significance is that it represent another god...Baal....Lucifer. Cleary breaking one of the Commandments. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."



Clearly you've got a direct line to the almighty, sadly some of us don't and so we struggle to make sense of the world by looking at inconvenient facts.


This may be the most intelligent comment I read on this formum. God is not a respecter of persons....you can have the same direct line.


Matthew7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?


Try it and see what happens....you will be shocked.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A response both smooth and witty!

I thought Baal was a Phoenician God?


Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Matthew7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?



Yes, very nice, I choose to put my faith in something far older than the written bible (is this the King James one?). Is it just a teeny weeny bit possible that whatever god is, it is represented by many faces? That He/She/It isn't neatly conjured into existence by a book?

You can't just go around believing things you want to. You might be wrong! I probably am, but at least I have the humility to accept that possibility.



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   


Sorry Stormdancer. I was referring to Joseph Campbell and some of these other clowns that ignore the archaeological evidence and write these books of nonsense. They lead so many astray who don't take the time to examine the evidence for themselves. They are the blind leading the blind.


I do understand what you are saying, and I too believe some have sought to minimize the historical value of the Bible, I have spent years researching it myself,

I have searched for truth.<

My prayer was always for wisdom, and knowledge, and understanding of truth, what I am left with is follow only that which professes love, any thing negative cannot come from that which is perfected in love.

I prayed to understand this supernatural flawless love, don't ever pray that , lol

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]



posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge

I thought Baal was a Phoenician God?


Take 10 minutes and poke around and you will find Baal is much more than that. Baal is Molech....Baal is Shamash....Baal is Dagon...Baal is Bel.
Look up Bel (Aramaic) and you will find Bel is Zeus. ETC. ETC. ETC. We can find Baal in Egypt as Ra...........Nimrod as Osiris



You can't just go around believing things you want to. You might be wrong! I probably am, but at least I have the humility to accept that possibility.

There is a difference between knowing and thinking you know. Like it says...SEEK ME AND YOU WILL FIND ME WHEN YOU SEARCH FOR ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART. Maybe if you tried the instruction manuel you would understand the difference between knowing and thinking you know.

The catch is...you have to seek for yourself, I can't do it for you. If you seek, you will find....it's a guarantee. The problem is that you have not picked up the instruction manuel for yourself. Try what it says and then get back to me with your success story.....it can't fail.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Sun Matrix]



posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sun Matrix, stop making these claims until you verify them. we've given you plenty of time and space to verify them. you haven't even been able to back up that zeus was considered a baal analogue.



posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Firstly I am guilty of not reading all the threads in this post but im about to head out to work so here is my question....This linkage made to the Jesus story by earlier Deity's like Horus, Mithra and others has how many reliable references made in literature ? I only really see Acharya S and her references to shady books and her own poetic license.


None.

Simply google for "Osiris and Isis" and you should get the real Egyptian myths. You can then read one and compare with your own knowledge of Jesus' life.



posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge

I thought Baal was a Phoenician God?


Take 10 minutes and poke around and you will find Baal is much more than that. Baal is Molech....Baal is Shamash....Baal is Dagon...Baal is Bel.
Look up Bel (Aramaic) and you will find Bel is Zeus. ETC. ETC. ETC. We can find Baal in Egypt as Ra...........Nimrod as Osiris

You can indeed find out that Baal meant 'god' and that the Bible has rather misnamed the gods of the other religions.

And you can find out that Osiris as a god predates any mention of "Nimrod" and that Nimrod was never a deity of any sort.



new topics




 
49
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join