It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How's your Wii Experience ??

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You might recognize me from some othere threads out there that have sparked some interest,well I started anew one to see how everyone's been doing playing the Wii. Whether it's the games you like or dislike. Tell us all your opinoins on what games you're expecting over the next couple of months or whatever else you have to say about the wii.For those who would take time in their busy lifes to post , I would like to thank you all, post whatever you have to say I really don't mind it being a negative statement anyway since it would boost-up some hardcore gamer's blood pressure.




posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've yet to be wowed by any of the console to tell you the truth.



posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I know what you meen,that's why we need some good games to be released before the holidays.Such as "Manhunt 2" ,"Super Mario Galaxy",and the new Metroid Prime.As I've said in my last post anyone could suggest what games to chat about since it all relates to the subject of the Wii ,you can even speculate what classic games might be released through the virtual console,anything is possible.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I sometimes find I can't be "Bothered" to play it. I don't have the best games as of yet but there will be some real good one hitting it.

Has anyone played Mortal Kombat arrmageddon? I bought it yesterday and havn't played in depth yet, just learned a few things.
What do you think of it???



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hope I could get these images to work so that we could spark more excitement into the thread.

And to answer your question Chukkles , the game is pretty good and in my opinion is far superior than its PS2 version.I had passed it in a day or two a few days back,if you have any more questions post right back if you want some sort if review on some games so you won't waste your money on "useless" ones.


This is a page I have found which contains tons of Super Mario Galaxy images,enjoy and have a nice day.





























[edit on 7-7-2007 by steve-o]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've got one and I've found that it's like any other console, there's outstanding games and not so outstanding games. Red Steel for example was pretty cool because it was doing something that was pretty new, but overall as a game it wasn't spectacular. Warioware Smooth Moves might not be a really advanced and awe inspiring game, but it's one of the most fun games that I've ever played, it's full of nonstop laughs. And then there's Twilight Princess, that one just blows me away everytime I play it, it's by far the best adventure game I've ever played (except maybe Ocarina of Time).

So overall the Revolution is like any console, it comes down to what game you're playing. There's quite a few games out there that will make you think that the console is worthless, but that's how PS3 and X-Box 360 are. And then there's the handful of games that make you want to hug and kiss your system, just like PS3 and X-Box 360. It's a really great piece of hardware, but it's all about finding a good game to play on it.

Now in the meantime I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to come out.



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Warioware Smooth Moves might not be a really advanced and awe inspiring game, but it's one of the most fun games that I've ever played, it's full of nonstop laughs. And then there's Twilight Princess, that one just blows me away everytime I play it, it's by far the best adventure game I've ever played (except maybe Ocarina of Time).

So overall the Revolution is like any console, it comes down to what game you're playing. There's quite a few games out there that will make you think that the console is worthless, but that's how PS3 and X-Box 360 are. And then there's the handful of games that make you want to hug and kiss your system, just like PS3 and X-Box 360. It's a really great piece of hardware, but it's all about finding a good game to play on it.

You're right about what you've stated Cyberdude78,since I'm constantly switch playing a system when a cool game comes out that's exclusive to the other.So when GTA:4 comes out I'll switch from playing the Wii and go right on Xbox 360,till then I'm waiting for SSB Brawl to come out.


[edit on 7-7-2007 by steve-o]



posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey guys I'm back again and better than ever, I just wanna show ya some pics of the new metroid game .






posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
How's it been guys,I just wanna post up a pic of game that has not got other screenshots out only this one for speculation.This might answer some hardcore gamer's question as to sonic and the gang being in SSB Brawl.




posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but wii is my fave. It lacks a bit when you play by yourself, but it makes it up when you have 3 other people playing with you. Best game for wii so far has got to be Wii sports. Although, Wii sports will probably be beaten by Super Smash Bros. Brawl!



posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't have one, but a couple of kids I tutor do. I'm not much of a game player really, but wii sports was great fun.

I will keep an eye on the games that become avalible for it and when my boy gets a little older might consider getting him one, but I don't want to turn him in to a mutant that never goes outside and can't play sports!




posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reform America
I don't know about you guys, but wii is my fave. It lacks a bit when you play by yourself, but it makes it up when you have 3 other people playing with you. Best game for wii so far has got to be Wii sports. Although, Wii sports will probably be beaten by Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
That's my favorite game to play when my buddies come over as well, another game is either "wii play" or the coolist game "rayman raving rabbids". If you don't have that game I suggest you go rent it or buy it,either way it's worth the hours you'll spend glued to the screen.If you don't like it you could post back and tell me off,if you enjoy it right something about it on this thread, and best of all thanks for posting.



posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
I don't have one, but a couple of kids I tutor do. I'm not much of a game player really, but wii sports was great fun.

I will keep an eye on the games that become avalible for it and when my boy gets a little older might consider getting him one, but I don't want to turn him in to a mutant that never goes outside and can't play sports!

I know what you mean ChiKeyMonKey , but you could limit your son's play and there are some games out there that he could play that require movement such as "wii sports" or "wii play".These two games are rated E for everyone so you won't have to worry about the content. I'd like to thank you for your post and I would like to hear more from you, have a great day.(that includes you and your family)

[edit on 9-7-2007 by steve-o]



posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have a Wii. I'm not a big time game person. The kids and I like the games that came with it. We got the 2nd release of the sports one. That wasn't as fun. Couldnt play any game you wanted, had to unlock other ones by winning previous games. Lame...

I tried the Red Steel, didn't care for it. We also have Legend of Zelda(think thats it, but its definatelyt a Zelda game) and it's good for kids.



posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
I have a Wii. I'm not a big time game person. The kids and I like the games that came with it. We got the 2nd release of the sports one. That wasn't as fun. Couldnt play any game you wanted, had to unlock other ones by winning previous games. Lame...

I tried the Red Steel, didn't care for it. We also have Legend of Zelda(think thats it, but its definatelyt a Zelda game) and it's good for kids.
Another game you could get for your kids is Rayman raving Rabbids, like I've said previously if you could just rent it you could have some fun, but the only bad part is that it's not to long .You can enjoy unlocking other games or beating previous records, have a good night and post back if you could, thanks.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thank you for the suggestion! I will rent it this weekend for the kids. I'll let you know how they like it.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
Thank you for the suggestion! I will rent it this weekend for the kids. I'll let you know how they like it.
Thanks to you as well for listening to my suggestion vckums , I've got a nephew who's crazy about the game, that's how I found out how goods it was when I was playing with him. He's pretty energetic for a 10 year old, he's a hardcore player but he's not glued to the T.V.Anyway thanks for your reply and would like to hear how your kids thought of the game. If they dislike it I'll take the blame , but if they enjoy it hope they have a nice play, 'till then hope you have a nice tuesday.


[edit on 10-7-2007 by steve-o]

[edit on 10-7-2007 by steve-o]



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I played it at a friends house and... Bleh. Poor graphics comapred to other two consoles. Only one option, games. And the games themselves? I can play tens of thousands of games, and actually have fun playing a couple hundred of them on PS3, and a few hundred and have fun playing about 30-40 on the Xbox360. The Wii? Wii Sports was irritating since the Wii Motes are as accurate as a blind drunk man. And I work two jobs I want to relax when playing a game not run around like an idiot.

And really, I'm 16, I want a game geared to my age and so far I think the Wii has one(redsteel) that is for older then a 5 year old that you can't get on the other consoles. But again the Wii Motes are less accurate than a drunk blind man so the game sucked.

I'll wait for them to make accurate controllers before I buy one, if I do.



posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

But again the Wii Motes are less accurate than a drunk blind man so the game sucked.


You friend obviously didn't have the Sensor Bar setup properly. I had to get a new one and it changes things dramatically because all it is using is Infrared sources to orient the 'mote. Having stronger IR sources wider apart to fit your TV properly makes a HUGE difference. But then again, seeing as how Nintendo can get a little short sighted, they probably designed the thing for a Tiny TV in a broom closet of an apartment in Tokyo.



posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightstorm

I'll wait for them to make accurate controllers before I buy one, if I do.


u better ask your mom for 250 dollars , the wii mote is incredibly accurate so i guess its time to buy a wii. too bad you have to be lucky to find them.


how is my wii experience?

put it this way... i have a six year old girl and just earlier today she was playing pokemon revolution online and i didnt have to supervise her or anything. that is an amazing system if that is possible. i must add she can kick my but any match if we play each other. my wii experience is wonderful!

when i was 8 years old the nes was released and gaming changed forever. it created gamers everywhere on this planet when most people believe video games were a dying fad

the wii is the nes for a whole new generation multiplied by 1000.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by elitegamer23]



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join