It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO! respect for cops!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Most people are afraid to make complaints against cops.

I think most people just don't know the laws and local ordinances, also they do not know how to react to police.

What to do next time is ask the reason and under what laws or ordinances they are taking the fireworks away for, then you will have something to legitimately complain about when they don't answer you. We all still have rights in this country, but never exercise them correctly.

It goes the same for building inspectors people never ask questions they just think that if someone has a badge they have unquestionable authority. And always have witnesses to back your claims because one on one in a court of law the officer will almost always win.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Yes, we all know they would be facing the cops gun and or be arrested or abused worse than the children.

I'm sorry but you have your information wrong on this. A police officer can't just pull out his or her gun just because they want to. Every police agency has GO's(general orders) that they must follow or they can be fired. I highly doubt you are worth them losing their job over a complaint and pull their gun. After a call they have to write paper on it, think they want to spend their shift writing about you? No. More then likely they will let you ramble about how they are so wrong in your opinion, then tell you EXACTLY how and who to get in contact with, their badge number and the telephone number to reach them. Nothings hidden, no one harasses you, it's all legit.

It's fun to see people spout they know the laws, when in actuality they don't. Read up the city and state laws for your area and they do change yearly. Officers carry new edition copies, the ones I know do, and educate yourself.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Mr.M

Given your attitude towards cops in general it's no wonder you see them as abusive. Now, my question what in the world were children that young doing with sparklers? Not only do you clearly state they were illegal but kids that young shouldn't be handling them in any case. What example were you adults setting having items that you knew to be illegal? Do you not realize that fireworks are explosives and if not handled correctly can be very dangerous? Sorry I see no basis for accusing the cops of of abuse parents maybe.

There is a darn good reason fireworks are becoming illegal in more and more places; it's because people aren't using common sense and behaving responsibly. Before blaming the cops and calling them all sorts of names look to your own behavior you were the ones breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Now, my question what in the world were children that young doing with sparklers? Not only do you clearly state they were illegal but kids that young shouldn't be handling them in any case.

Your kidding right. Their sparklers. Ages 3 to 4 are the only ages that can enjoy those( unless your a pyro ).

Any way, cops never give me a chance to give them an attitude before the act like an a-hole. Piggy should have had the parents get the sparklers away from the kids. Now they are just going to grow up and have even less respect for the pigs than me or the OP.

Even if cops join the force for noble reasons, that mindset doesn't last long.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Evidently you don't understand fireworks are typically Explosives C which are used to start large denotations. Children 3 or 4 shouldn't be handling them.

Frankly I find the continued practice of calling cops names such as Piggy is highly offensive. You might want to consider that such attitudes cause you problems with police officers.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There are 2 sides to every story..
While reading the OP post, I have to say that its to bad you guys got shut down, and robbed of your illegal fireworks.. But the cops where only doing their job. Many people get hurt with fireworks, or worse.

I was hoping maybe to hear something more brutal, what happened to you is something light, not hardly worth getting worked up over man..
I know it sucks, but it could have been worse..
Look I am a good person, never been in jail, never been in trouble in my life.. Never got a ticket, and know how to talk to Cops.. And I know how to talk to PIGS too.. You have to word yourself careful, and be respectful to them at all times!!! its the only thing that has saved my ass from getting in some serious trouble..
I got caught with some weed once, like a joint.. The cop took it and said Air test.. And threw it on the ground and told me to get the hell out of here.
That was a cop.. A good guy that knows what life is about and where his powers lie. If I was a jerk to this cop he would have sertinly taken me in.
But I was respectful, and nothing but nice and understanding with him.
Then there are the stories of all my buddies who bad mouth the Cops and get beat up and arrested.. IM like dude! you got to know how to talk to these people, they are flesh and blood like you and I..
Sure Mostly if you get robbed, theres nothing they can do.. 88% of the time cops can not do anything to help you.. Most of the time, its the cops running the drugs, and running the street gangs.. But this is all neither here or there.. If you run into a Cop or a PIG just use your words carefully. IF you see a big group of Cops, dont go picking your nose around them, your asking for it!!!
But you have every right to do what you want, go ahead stick your nose in their biz, mouth off, or do whatever,, but you are the one who must deal with what you reap..

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I never liked Cops :p

Regardless I sploded about 300 dollars worth of artillery shells

I think I loss some of my hearing, but thats okay!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Im with Mr....

Cops abuse their authority, and love to exert their power over civilians

My reasons I dont like cops

1. I got a ticket at a shopping mall carpark.
I pulled up to the stop sign, looked left, then right and then i saw the policeman.
He waved me over to him.
So being a good citizen i complied.
First thing he asked me was "who owned the car" (it was my fathers Saab)
So i gave all details and licenses.
I sat there stumped..i thought what on Earth have I done??
He comes back and says to me "Ive pulled you over because you failed to stop at the stop sign"
I felt like running him over
:bash:

2.Went shopping at a nearby market, saw four cops walking around stuffing their faces (for free as usual).
Went to leave, and someone had broken into my friends car and stolen all her belongings while these four cops were eating!

3. My father was constantly followed by police after work.
Before anyone makes assumptions my father is 52 and works as a security guard.
One night my father was sick of it and so he pulled into a nearby petrol station..and yes the cops followed.
My father got out and approached them and asked them if there was a problem and pointd out that they had been following him for 10 minutes
To which they casually replied "no, no problem"
And you know what they said next?
"Nice car....who owns it?"

:bash::bnghd:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree that some cops are on a power trip and do abuse their badge, but we should not jugde all cops for bad experiences with a few. I do also agree you do have to know how to talk to them and treat them with respect. I think that is all they really want(most). You also have to figure in that on the 4th they probably were sick of dealing with everyone blowing up fireworks. I wonder how many houses they went to. There are also some evil cops out there, but also you should know your laws in your state. That would also help you when dealing with the police. Fireworks are overrated anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I understand where the OP is coming from.
The cop should and could have been nicer.
But he was doing his job.. so don't hate them too much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join