It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO! respect for cops!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is mainly for members in the US.

On the 4th of July, I and a bunch of friends were over at a friend’s house.

We were BBQing and figured we could watch the professional and armature displays.

All was just great; we and about 20-30 people were all watch the professional displays as well as enjoying sparklers and fountains.

I will openly admit, even "safe and lame" (sane) are not legal in my city, except for professional events.

About midway through the fun, a cop came by and took all the unused fireworks.
"This included grabbing sparklers away from 3-4year old children in a nasty and mean hearted way.
Of course the children started crying and the cops just up and left-no concern for anybody or how they acted.
I am guessing they kicked a puppy and stole a Childs lollipop at the same time

This is a perfect example of why I have "NO" respect for pigs (cops) what so ever.

I understand that "maybe" they need to take all the unused stuff, but did they have to aggressively grab sparklers out of little children’s hands-that is why I always refer to cops as pigs or NAZI SCUM!!!!!

They could have taken all the unused stuff and waited for the sparklers to run out (referring to the ones in the little child’s hands)-they last 2-3 min.

There is or needs to be a clear difference between the "INTENT" of the law and "THE LETTER" of the law.

After the Nazi's took the little kids sparklers-they cried in a heart breaking way. I tried to help by making funny faces at them and being funny. It worked and the parents thanked me for easing the pain of their children.

There is NO excuse for the way they acted-the cops.

Please write if you were as disgusted by these animals’ actions as I was.

OR

Try and justify that Nazi-like heartless actions.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well i wont try and justify anyones actions as you probably wouldnt take any notice any way as you seem fairly ticked off.

Quick story though, a girl i knew who was 15 at the time had her hair catch on fire from an errant fire cracker thrown in the air at a friends house when they were having a BBQ. She is badly scarred and continues to be affected by that accident many years ago. The person who threw the firecracker has never forgiven themself either. Sadly it only takes one moment of madness to cause serious accidents.

It seems a bit heavy handed that sparklers were taken off the children but hard to make a judgement on their actions as i only have your side of the story to go by.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well if you knew the things were illegal you shouldn't of given them to the children...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Double post...oops

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Enjoys:

I did not.
There parents gave them to them.

I remember as a child loving sparklers and fountains.
It was the best part of the 4th of July.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Well i wont try and justify anyones actions as you probably wouldnt take any notice any way as you seem fairly ticked off.

Quick story though, a girl i knew who was 15 at the time had her hair catch on fire from an errant fire cracker thrown in the air at a friends house when they were having a BBQ. She is badly scarred and continues to be affected by that accident many years ago. The person who threw the firecracker has never forgiven themself either. Sadly it only takes one moment of madness to cause serious accidents.

It seems a bit heavy handed that sparklers were taken off the children but hard to make a judgement on their actions as i only have your side of the story to go by.

You will notice I did not complain so much about them taking the fireworks..too much.
I am ranting about there uneeded heaveyhanded actions to 3-4 year old children.
It was/is just made me sick to see them act that way to little children!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
MON,

I see no big deal. If it was me i would probably have laughed my head off remembering the many shows from Reno 911.

If i were the cops i would of asked the kids to go to the grand hands behind there heads, if they did not agree to my request, i would of tazered them.

Its no big deal.

Cops were doing there job. They saw kids with illegal items and confiscated them.

BeZerK

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ummmm...

Don't you live in an area that is so dry right now that tinder looks noncombustible?

Would you be more or less incensed at the sight of your home going up in flames?

Bottom line... There's a damn good reason that fireworks of any kind are banned where you live.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
it's not what they did-for the most part.

It was "the way" they did it.

There is NO excuse for ruff treatment by the pigs to a little child!!!

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:
:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale hard to make a judgement on their actions as i only have your side of the story to go by.

Very good point. You knew they were illegal and you chose to ignore the law. However comparing them to Nazi scum is a bit harsh, they are doing their job. Seems to me you think you are above the laws your city/state has. I'm sure the law states that all foreworks are illegal and I doubt it has in there "unless little kids are using sparklers".

I'd also like to add I know a bunch of kids and adults who've gotten burnt by sparklers, they are no way safe. They shoot off embers. If a parent gives them to their child, the parent isn't protecting them.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums

Originally posted by mojo4sale hard to make a judgement on their actions as i only have your side of the story to go by.

Very good point. You knew they were illegal and you chose to ignore the law. However comparing them to Nazi scum is a bit harsh, they are doing their job. Seems to me you think you are above the laws your city/state has. I'm sure the law states that all foreworks are illegal and I doubt it has in there "unless little kids are using sparklers".

I'd also like to add I know a bunch of kids and adults who've gotten burnt by sparklers, they are no way safe. They shoot off embers. If a parent gives them to their child, the parent isn't protecting them.

Had you read all the posts, you have read that I provided nothing, it was their parents who did so.
I am not above the law, though those pigs sure acted like they were.
IMO, there actions were nothing short of child abuse-I am sure that is nothing new for cops.
If the cop really need to take it from the child, they could have been nice and gentle in doing so, but no, they were aggressive jackbooted Nazi scum in the way they acted to "a little child"

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Ummmm...

Bottom line... There's a damn good reason that fireworks of any kind are banned where you live.

Mirthful Me, that was perfect!

Mr, its obvious you got a thing against cops so I doubt however they took the ILLEGAL fireworks away you'd be ticked off about it. Name calling (pigs, nazi scum etc) just proved this.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
VCK,
I do have a problem with cops.
This was just one example of why.
They do not act in a way the deserves respect and there for I will give them non.

I will also always make a point of putting in print what they do wrong and not let it be forgotten.

There is doing your job and abusing people while "hidding" behind a badge.

Furthermore, if they cannot understand the "NEEDED" difference in the way that adults and little children are treated, they do not even score as human's "IMO" and in all reality also.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You say they as in all police officers. You're making an assumption based on the limited police officers you've come in contact with. It's a shame really that you must put every officer in this category of yours. Out of your runs ins with ploice officers, how many of those were you doing something illegal? Just out of curiosity. Also I hope you realize that an officer can tell the instant he onteracts with you, the kind of attitude he needs to have. You act like a jerk, and Im sure the officer won't appreciate it.
One say I hope you don't need to call 911.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'll tell you why...

The same reason the cops have no sympathy for a drunk driver... After you've seen little dead kids pried out of a metal weave there no listening to any pleas of "its my birthday" or "my bachelor party" or "I had a bad day." Those same cops are the ones that have to pound on people's door in the middle of the night to evacuate families (some with little kids even) because an out of control fire is eating up acreage faster than Michael Moore can scarf burgers at the In-N-Out... Fires started by cigarettes, illegal campfires, ATVs without spark arrestors... And you guessed it... Fireworks.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It still can not excuse there abusive treatment of little children.

I am truely sick and discusted that no one seems to be able to grip the main point.

NO ONE should be abusive in the way they act or interact with a little child.

If you think the parents were wrong for giving there kids sparklers-something I image most Americans have played with as lids on the 4th, then you should say the parents were wrong.

BUT

HOw can you accept police abuse of little children for a wrong that their parents did.

If a parent was caught drunk driving, is that a good reason to be abusive to the child with them--NO!!!!

If someone cannot make a clear difference between adults and LITTLE children, they need to be removed from our society, as they are animals.

I wonder how many of you if you did something illegal and yet your little child was abused by the cops for that, would accept it as ok and fine.

IMO, if you do, you should have your child removed from your care!!!

Keep it clear, if the adult does wrong, deal with or punish the adult, don't abuse or be abusive to a little child.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Now you are saying that they abused and were abusive, if that is the case then surely there were enough people at this BBQ to formally complain or press charges, sounds like there would have been plenty of witnesses to this abusive behaviour from the cops?
What have the parents of these children that were abused done about their children being abused.

You do realise dont you that most of these police officers probably have family's of their own, their own kids, or if not surely they have siblings, or have friends who have children. Why would they waltz in somewhere and start abusing 3-4 year olds?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Most people are afraid to make complaints against cops.

They know darn well they will be harassed by that or other cops over the issue.

There was even a big report about police stations refusing to take complaints against police-I need to find link, but "I believe" it was posted here at ATS at one time.

Now as for at the moment, what does anyone with brain cells think would happen if one, much less a group of people approached a cop(s) and told them to stop abusing children....

Yes, we all know they would be facing the cops gun and or be arrested or abused worse than the children.

In a perfect world, it would not happen, but this is far from a perfect world.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Ummmm...

Don't you live in an area that is so dry right now that tinder looks noncombustible?

Would you be more or less incensed at the sight of your home going up in flames?

Excellent point about things being dry. It only takes a single sparkler on a dry windy day. I am all about having fun with fireworks, but many times people act like idiots and don't think of what can happen. Also many cities have ordinances against any type of fireworks being light off.

A women just died due to stupidity here in our area. It's all over the news and net. This case is not uncommon these days.

Detroit Free Press

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but we are only hearing YOUR side of this so called abuse. Again, with your self proclaimed no respect for police officers, it's hard to think youre unbiased on this.

Another thing to think about. The police officers I know, get tired of dealing with stupidity. Did the kids parents call the station and ask to speak to a shift SGT or LT? If so, you can make a complaint. Most cities offer a committe(non police officer appointed) and the parents could contact them. ALso, police officers get complaints and deal with them the correct way. There's no reason to harrass you, you aren't that important. Unless its some small town police officer and you're the well known a-hole of the town, I doubt they want to spend their shift dealing with you. Police officers I know go to work, handle their beat, deal with their beat problems and go home. They don't look for drama.

What it comes down to is the safety of civilians. They took the illegal fireworks away. If a bunch of people came up to an officer and said don't abuse children I'm sure they'd look into why you're making this claim. Yes its far from a perfect world, but this also isn't some lame tv show.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join