It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in Anti-terror Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Muslims in anti-terror campaign

More balance, following on from the thread I posted earlier this week

Muslim voices on the bomb attacks

Now I don't follow any religion, and I have no sympathies or leanings, but I'm tired of seeing all people tarred with the same brush, and tired of the "muslims never speak out against terror" rubbish thats spouted.

What I find most disheartening is that it appears that if someone of the muslim faith farts loudly it will garner 15 pages of volatile ignorance/hate, and yet my previous thread got four responses, one of which was an attempt to pull it into the mire.

These people are trying to do something postive, to get a message across that killing people is bad and not an intrinsic part of their religion.

I think that deserves a whole lot of attention.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They know they have got to put up a front. They see the headlines, they hear the buzz. The "religion of peace" deal is getting old.

If I see a Muslim, I'll be nice to them, I'll treat them well. But I won't ever turn my back on one. Because next thing you know.....BOOOM! Suicide Bomber! The headline the next day..."He was such a quiet person, I didn't think he would hurt a fly..." or..."He was a great doctor, I would have never thought he was a terrorist"

I'm sure this will cause some controversy, but they practice an evil religion, which is hellbent on destruction of people they consider "infidels".

I'll keep my distance, thank you very much!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Muslim religion is not innocent, but if you check our history, Christians killed more people and now they moved to mega-profit-churches and corporations, many profiting from war.

Yet, propaganda machine will portray few Arab peasants as the ultimate evil and millions of people who don't question government will believe it.

I respect Muslims and they have the right to believe in anything they want. If you check terrorism and recent history you will see Christians and Zionists are the root of all evil, not Muslims. Still, i would like to see all religions go away, Christian or Muslim.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

By Neformore:
These people are trying to do something postive, to get a message across that killing people is bad and not an intrinsic part of their religion.
Islam never was a religion of peace. Mohammed himself had very questionable moral values and he was not a man of peace! He never taught "turn the other cheek" rather go conquer and force your enemy to convert to Islam. This fits very well into the mindset of the middle eastern croud that traditionally have lived by the sword. Go read about the life of Iban Saud (ruler of Saudi Arabia early 20th century).
People of the Islam faith who go against this tradition know they go against the rest of religion and risk violence against themselves and their familys by the radical factions. For some reason members of the Islam faith are hardest on their fellow muslims.
Only my opinion but I lived in a Moslim country for more that a year.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hey, and don't forget "honor killings'' these nuts will kill their own daughters for things you and me would have gotten "grounded for a week" for. They will stone their own daughters to mush!!! Jeeeze!!

No way!!!!! , we need to elect a president who deals out harsh punishment to these nuts, so eventually they will have to give it up. (trying to take our heads) wake up!!

the truth

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is from the Bible, instructing people to stone the women:

"If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;" (Deuteronomy 22:22)

"Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:24)

For more topical quotes, check out The Dark Bible ... No, it's not rewritten, just a collection of interesting quotes from the real Bible.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

What I find most disheartening is that it appears that if someone of the muslim faith farts loudly it will garner 15 pages of volatile ignorance/hate, and yet my previous thread got four responses, one of which was an attempt to pull it into the mire.

neformore - I really admire your attempts and a genuine interest in giving a facelift to the downtrodden impression of Muslims and Islam. I just wish that there were more people like you trying the same for other religions. Your attempts at trying to prove that the Muslims too are against terrorism and they want to put an end to it is a very brave attempt to raise a concern which is in opposition to a majority of public sentiments and hence it is met with a lot of scepticism,which,I'am sure you will agree,is not uncalled for.

Anyways,all the best for the good work

AryanWatch

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

By Sb2012
This is from the Bible, instructing people to stone the women:
Thanks for pointing this out, sb! This is worth a thread in itself. Certainly the old testament had a lot of violence that the New Testament tried to reverse. The God of the Old Testament was a vengeful god and the New Testament God was more the loving God. I have my theories about this going back to the old Sumarian writing about the Annunaki. There is some proof that many of the Old Testament stories were just rewrites of the Sumarian and Akadian stories relating to the Annunaki.
The Prophet Mohammed supposedly was given his instructions under durress by the angel Gabriel. He then wrote the Koran. The stories in the Koran do not exactly parallel the Old Testament but is similar and really picks up on the theme of the old vengeful God (Allah).
So we get back then to the difference between Mohammed who originated the Koran and Christ whos life inspired the writers of the New Testament. Mohammed himself was not the kind and gentle, loving of all of mankind type as was portrayed by Jesus Christ. Mohammed instructed his followers to follow the instructions of the vengeful and threatening Allah and spread the faith by the sword. Christ instructed his followers to live a life of love and submission. Christ abhored violence and preached against it.
The odd thing is that both religions being very different in theme did somehow inspire wars and violence in their proliferation.
The followers of Mohammed are following the instructions in the Koran as they do jihad. Christians disobeyed their New Testament as they waged their wars to spread Christianity!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think it's merely a timely act and a hopeful indication that the Muslim community have got wise to the idea of distancing themselves from the extremist elements within Islam, who, just like their racist counterparts, are actively seeking to exploit fear and racial tension to bring about chaos.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
neformore whats with this attempt with this topic?
i mean the neo facists dont care that there are muslims out there that protest these attacks.

we have them come out with Homour killings when its no where in the Quran
We have one that believes all muslims are terrorists
we have one that believes Islam is evil and so on

Topics like these turn into jokes

but thanks for showing what muslims are capible of

RRconservative mate too right
make sure you dont turn your back to anyone because muslims can be anyone white,black and brown and some maybe grey so one of those could go Boom in your face

[edit on 11-7-2007 by bodrul]

top topics

join