It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I will post again seems ATS is having problems....

As I stated in my previous post I mentioned 10 men with 5-10 gallons of gas. Saying you need a gallon of gas to start a house fire is far from true, I could do it with an ounce of gas , hell I could do it with a book of matches.

Have you ever been to a bonfire, where they chuck aresol cans into it, and listen to the sound before it explodes?

That is exactly what the witnesses in glasgow heard, I would rather believe a ordinary guy or woman in glasgow, why would they lie about it come on lets get real here......

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I can see how some people doubt the power of these improvised weapons, but the simple truth is that propane under pressure WILL explore when properly heated, and the shockwave would be enough to propel shrapnel. I may have detonated a small camping cylinder in my youth, which is why I know that there is a shockwave from such things.

We should not be so complacent that we presume all terrorists are inept. It's only a matter of time until somebody gets it right. When that sad day passes, the copy cats will come out in force. Let's be happy whle we can that they didn't get it right...this time.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I found eyewitness reports interesting, apparently the 'terrorist' had no sign of feeling or emotion. Just a blank expression reminded me of the description of Lee Harvey Oswald after JFK. Also the man who tackled one Kicked him in the balls so hard he injured his foot. You'd expect some reaction.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienscot1
I found eyewitness reports interesting, apparently the 'terrorist' had no sign of feeling or emotion.
-
Also the man who tackled one Kicked him in the balls so hard he injured his foot. You'd expect some reaction.

well being doctors they could certainly get their hands on plenty of drugs which would kill any pain they would experience if they were intending on commiting suicide.

however, if the driver of the london car 'allegedly' was driving erratically due to being drugged and crashed into the bins (which after 12 hours of being reported as the story is suddenly not the 'official' version of events) then why did they flee the car if they were going to commit suicide?

and WHERE are those cctv pics of the london drivers?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I guess that the drivers in London, (who do appear to have been the occupants of the Jeep in Glasgow according to The Times this morning), ran off because those were not intended to be suicide bombs. Hence they contained mobile phone trigger devices.

However, the sheer stupidity of using your personal mobile phone for this purpose with a full record of your calls still on it is just breathtaking. I sincerely hope the next doctor who takes a scalpel to me is touch more intelligent.

As we have discussed before, the CCTV records are probably being held back to try to avoid any potential identification evidence problems at a trial and let's not forget that those images are not primarily for public entertainment, the authorities may release what is confidential data (and subject to the Data Protection Act), if they believe it would be helpful to the investigation or in the wider public interest. (Which, of course, is not the same thing as what is of interest to the public).

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You have all been had. I can't believe the scaremongering that is going on in here. If you all are capable of believing these lies, believing that terrorists are planning to destroy you with propane gas cylinders, it's amazing to me that any of you manage to get out of the house - somone could try to kill you with a plastic spoon as you walk down the street, you know? I recommend that you all go out & buy a lot of sandbags, gasmasks and tinned foods, lock yourselves in your homes and prepare for the coming holocaust.

I tried. But you didn't listen.

Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century". But only according to the US, the UK, and Israel.

In the corporate mass media news, we hear the word "terrorism" many times almost every day, but what about the real problems in the world today?

Next time you leave your house, beware, because crossing the road is many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than terrorism.

THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM
0: People killed in the USA by terrorism/WMD in 2006.
(Thousands killed by the US and its allies in foreign countries.)
0: People killed in the UK by terrorism/WMD in 2006.
0: People killed in the USA by terrorism/WMD in 2005.
52: killed in the UK by terrorism/WMD in 2005 (all on "7/7").
0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.
0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.
0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.
2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on "9/11").
0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.
0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.
0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
1.2 MILLION: People in killed in road accidents EVERY YEAR.
430,000: Americans killed by cigarettes EVERY YEAR. (The equivalent of 9/11 repeated every two days forever.) Bush's response to a real threat? His election promise to stop the Justice Department's law suit against the tobacco industry.
400,000: Americans die each year from obesity (while much greater numbers around the world starve to death).
11,000: the people killed in America every year by guns, a human tragedy equivalent to a new 9/11 every 3 months.
8,437: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Iraq in 2003.
3,800: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Afghanistan by 2002.
135,000: Deaths from cancer in UK alone EVERY YEAR
3 MILLION: Killed by HIV/AIDS in 2003.
780,000,000: People starving to death RIGHT NOW.
1.2 BILLION: People "living" on less than $1 a day.
513,000,000: Number of people without access to safe drinking water.
2,500: Palestinian civillians killed "by accident" in Palestine by the Israeli army - and that's just since September 2000.
14,000: Palestinian people whose homes have been demolished by Israeli bulldozers - and that's just since October 2000. Families who do not escape in time are crushed to death - often at night in their beds.

OTHER FACTS
* Global warming has already killed more people than terrorism, "based on the number of fatalities that have already occurred".
The Independent (UK), "Scientist 'gagged' by No 10 after warning of global warming threat", front-page, 8 March 2004.
[ news.independent.co.uk... ]

THE REAL TERRORISTS

Nobody has benefitted more from terrorism than the US, the UK, and Israel. They use terrorism as an excuse to change the law, giving more power to the authorities and withdrawing freedoms from the people. They use terrorism as an excuse to attack and conquer foreign lands. They exploit our fear to win support.

www.theinsider.org...

[edit on 4-7-2007 by drblow]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drblow
THE REAL TERRORISTS

Nobody has benefitted more from terrorism than the US, the UK, and Israel. They use terrorism as an excuse to change the law, giving more power to the authorities and withdrawing freedoms from the people. They use terrorism as an excuse to attack and conquer foreign lands. They exploit our fear to win support.

Right On Brother!

Some people are blowing this "Terror Threat" WAY out of proportions, in which it really is. It is more likely to die in a car accident, then to be killed by terrorists in the world we live in today; yet certain governments really love to spread more fear of this phantom and everlasting enemy of terror and they use it as an excuse to take away OUR FREEDOMS - and to INVADE FOREIGN SOVERIGN COUNTRIES! Well things have really not changed much since the dark ages - we can see people pointing fingers and yelling: "My God is better then Yours!". Simply pathetic.

Those of you who actually belive this terror fairytale - well I have one more theory about this recent so-called terror threats; apart thati it was government sponsored false-flag operation:

MAYBE, just maybe - this certan "terror cells of wicked doctors from Middle East" actually WERE inflitrated by MI5 or MetroPolice, since Bomb Plotter Were KNOWN to Police. And there is a possiblity that they allowed this certain "Attacks" to happen, they knew when and what and they are just goint to "Stop Them" and make this new anti-terror laws and CCTV cameras look BETTER THEN EVER BEFORE. They are going to say: "SEE! Our new legislation is working! War on terror is working! We stopped those terrorists!" Just a thought - what really happened we shall never know anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

it's mazing to me that any of you manage to get out of the house - somone could try to kill you with a plastic spoon as you walk down the street, you know?

:shk: obnoxious.

its' amazing to me that people still have their heads stuck in the sand when it comes to the reality of terrorism.

go out & buy a lot of sandbags, gasmasks and tinned foods, lock yourselves in your homes and prepare for the coming holocaust.

You forgot water barrels, guns, ammo and radiation detectors. If you want to make suggestions in the area of survival .. you should really read up on the Survival Forum first.

THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM

HEREs some truth for you to read up and educate yourself with. Terrorism is real and it's deadly. It has spread around the world. It's preached in the mosques in the UK and America every day. If you don't want to see the reality of that then someday we probably will be presenting you the Darwin Award. And then it will be US saying to YOU - "I tried. But you didn't listen." (your words)

Whatever. You don't want to see the truth of it? Whatever.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I'm done.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
HEREs some truth for you to read up and educate yourself with. Terrorism is real and it's deadly. It has spread around the world. It's preached in the mosques in the UK and America every day. If you don't want to see the reality of that then someday we probably will be presenting you the Darwin Award. And then it will be US saying to YOU - "I tried. But you didn't listen." (your words)

Well if you take THIS SOURCE and the information they present there for granted then I understand (kind of) why you feel this way. Because certain internet sites such as this are not designed to keep you INFORMED - but to keep you paranoid and afraid and at the end, to jump when they say how high. Simply pathetic - yet again, now it is pretty clear, that you have no idea about Islam whatsoever. And above all, you have no idea about War on Terror at the same time. While you debate how Islam is bad and only a bunch of terrorists, your own government is taking away YOUR rights as a citizen of a certain free country. And you applaud them. Very well. Meanwhile in U.K. security alert is raiced to critical - the highest level possible and an indication that terrorist attacks are imminent. U.S. airports increased safety precautions. In other words, goons with automatic weapons and dogs, reminiscent of Nazi soldiers on train platforms demanding to see papers, will be sending a message to Americans this week, as America celebrates its independence to shop, eat hot dogs, and blow off fireworks made by slaves in China.

And I think to myself - what a WONDERFUL WORLD...

[edit on 4/7/07 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Unbelievable. Your link to 'the truth' doesn't even cite one source itself, it's just anti-muslim diatribe opinion - is it sponsored by an Israeli source by any chance? At least the source I posted related to a few actual news posts from BBC.

That website you linked to is the most disgusting kind of rascist bigotry that is perpetrating this war on terror. You people ought to be up for some kind of congretional medal of honour for your services to the PNAC.

You represent everything that disgusts me. You are narrow-minded, bigotted rascists, you are suckers for the war on terror propaganda. Your American government has got you scared out of your wits with their lies, and you are too ignorant to think for yourself.

It's people with views like those expressed above that are the real terrorists. Its YOU that is spreading 'terror' - don;t you see how you are being used? You are a pawn in an evil game, and you're sucking it in like a child.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

At least the source I posted related to a few actual news posts from BBC.

And not just the BBC, but also the Independent, the Telegraph and Fox News. So please tell me, are these sources that you present in support of your argument reliable or do they...

simply regurgitate soundbites given to them by the authorities.

as you said in reply to my earlier post in this thread?

As dear old Hughie Green used to say, it's make your mind up time...

[edit on 4-7-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

An Anglican churchman working in Iraq says he may have been given a chilling warning about the London and Glasgow terror attacks over two months ago.

Canon Andrew White says the message was delivered in a conversation with a terrorist he called the 'Devil'.

During it the man - who turned out to be a senior al Qaeda figure - used the phrase "those who cure you will kill you".

Canon White said he did not realise the significance of the "terrible" words at the time.

It was only when he learnt of the failed bombings last weekend and the suspects' links to the NHS that they "made sense".

This was told to him in a description of a "planned wave of attacks on Britain and the US". I hope checks are being made on the other side of the pond in this area.

Whenever someone gains information like this then they will know to repeat everything that was said to them from now on, no matter how insignificant it might seem.

news.sky.com... - The full text of Canon Andrew White's email

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You represent everything that disgusts me. You are narrow-minded, bigotted rascists, you are suckers for the war on terror propaganda. Your American government has got you scared out of your wits with their lies, and you are too ignorant to think for yourself.

It's people with views like those expressed above that are the real terrorists. Its YOU that is spreading 'terror' - don;t you see how you are being used? You are a pawn in an evil game, and you're sucking it in like a child.

i'm with you man.
and if we think a bit : if people would have always questioned governments, and didn't obey to everything they say, and maybe do a litlle thinking of themselves , then maybe there wouldn't be so much people dead in the name of peace.
everything is possible because of their ignorance , governments aren't stronger than all of us , but that's only if we all have the same opinions, but this won't ever happen because of those who let themselves be mislead, who are just to blind to see when they are lied.
but again, maybe they are doing it on purpose...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

At least the source I posted related to a few actual news posts from BBC.

And not just the BBC, but also the Independent and the Telegraph, (not to mention the British Government as well). So please tell me, are these sources that you present in support of your argument reliable or do they...

simply regurgitate soundbites given to them by the authorities.

as you said in reply to my earlier post in this thread?

As dear old Hughie Green used to say, it's make your mind up time...

Yes actually, the sources quoted in my article are from investigative, long-term journalism. The point I made about regurgitating soundbites is what the press does at the scene of an event, when the info they get is coming straight from the authorities, not from months/years of investigation or interviewing etc.

I can hardly believe how petty you people are. Its pathetic. Is this like some stupid little internet game for people who don't get out of the house much? Do you just want to 'win the argument' by whatever ridiculous means possible? What about the posts about ATS being a search for truth. There are people here who are so far from searching from the truth its sickening, really sickening.

That post above to the 'religionofpeace' - that is disgusting, truly abhorrent propaganda. People here are posting about how Islam preaches terorrism every day in mosques - I gurantee you people have never even met a Muslim, let alone been inside a mosque.

Edit: Insults removed.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Do you just want to 'win the argument' by whatever ridiculous means possible?

No, but if I am to be lectured by you about using what you consider to be unreliable news sources I don't really want to see you using them to support your argument a couple of pages later.

I have to say that I'm bored with trying to discuss things rationally with you now but please go ahead and throw a few more insults around if you like, and if you think it helps.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow. I got 3 warnings over the course of this thread!

So, it seems the rules round here are that it's OK for someone to post up extremely rascist, bigoted propaganda ... but it's not OK for me to call them a rascist.

Brilliant. I think I'm getting to like it here!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Souljah, the trouble with your PrisonPlanet link is it implies something that isn't confirmed, namely - bomb plotters were KNOWN to the police. That's not strictly true.

The article mentions one man on a list of 1600, That figure of 1600 is a watch list, you can be on that list for any number of reasons, it could be no more then your phone number has appeared on the phone of someone else their interested in. MI5 tell us that they are currently watching about 30 possible plots, even if all the 1600 need watching that would be about 50 people per plot, MI5 only have a staff level of about 3000 (that includes pen pushers and canteen staff).

1600 possible suspects and only 3000 staff, it can't be done. Especially when you bare in mind that islamic extremism isn't MI5's only remit.

To say bomb plotters were known to police is misleading, i'm not suggesting your saying that but your link doesn't add weight to your arguement imo.

Also,

**In other words, goons with automatic weapons and dogs, reminiscent of Nazi soldiers on train platforms demanding to see papers,**

You can't be serious with that comparison, surely?

[edit on 4-7-2007 by Origin Unknown]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The Home Secretary has announced that the threat level in the UK has been reduced back down from Critical to Severe

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

it's just anti-muslim diatribe

Nope. It's facts. FACTS about terror attacks. Dates, places, and the number of dead. The truth is a hard pill to swallow, eh? Deal with it.

For anyone wondering what the heck drblow is talking about, it's THIS documentation listing terror attacks by Islamics in 2006.

most disgusting kind of rascist bigotry

:shk: Islam isn't a race.

You represent everything that disgusts me. You are narrow-minded, bigotted rascists,

blah blah .. personal attack .. blah blah ... Whatever.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So ... is that it then? Is that how it goes around here? Once the home secretary says the 'threat' level has been reduced from 'ludicrous' to 'only joking' then the thread dies off and everybody goes back to sleep???

Wow.

Sleep well, sheople of ATS ... sleep well.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45 >>

join