It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative space in member upload?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good to hear.

Duzey rocks, and our Mods are usually on top of any problem that comes up.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I get this message (Adding that file to your list of files would exceed your maximum allowable storage space.
If you would like to add the file, please delete some of your existing files.) The problem is, I don't have any existing files to delete.I have never uploaded anything.Do I have to purchase somethig or have a certain amount of points before I can upload an image or an avatar?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Every member gets 100k of upload space when you open your acct.

Anything after that you need to purchase from the ATS store at a cost of 100 points for each 10k of server space.

Go to your "member center" and click on ATS Store, all your options are available right there.

Edit: You are also limited to the size of any file you upload, and I think that limit is 100k ?

[edit on 5/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the answer.I found the store but I still can't upload any pictures.I tried one that was 11.5k and I resized it to the correct dimentions (as posted in the ats faq section) but still no success.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
Hey, thanks for the answer.I found the store but I still can't upload any pictures.I tried one that was 11.5k and I resized it to the correct dimentions (as posted in the ats faq section) but still no success.

Send me the image at [email protected]

I'll take a look at it and see if I can upload it in my own upload space.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok I sent the pic, let me know if you recieve it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't see any issues with this image.

The URL is "https://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats45890_do_not_delete.jpg" in my upload space.
Pull it up and see if you can view it.

The image is within the range of what is allowed on ATS, the only change I made was the name of the file so I would remember not to delete it if you wanted to use the URL assigned to it by the ATS server.

The only thing I can think of is that you don't have enough points to pay for the upload space required to add the picture to your own upload space.

Perhaps a hosting service is the best thing for you, and only use "ATS upload" for your avatar & sig. images until you have the points to purchase more space on the servers.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have posted a proper link:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

See, I'm still learning.........

[edit on 6/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks! anxietydisorder ,I think with your suggestions I should be able to get some results.I'm glad there are people like yourself on ats that are willing to help the noobs like me.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You're more than welcome.

ATS is a large site, and regardless of when you sign up you are never a noob in my eyes.
New members just need a little help in finding their way around.

If you have any problems I want you to feel free to send me a u2u and ask for help.

I was a new member at one point and other members helped me find my way.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Hey frayed1,

How far in the hole are you ???
I know you can afford the points, are you willing to spend enough to see if you can get out of the hole and see if it works ?

I have -122 k showing........and at 100 points per each 10 k, I'd be looking at spending 1,220 points just to be 'out of the hole' ( one not of my making, may I add!)......
Not sure I'm quite that curious, just 'to see if it works'........( You sound like my banker! )

[edit on 6-7-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
OK, I spent 100 points and bought 10 k of upload space. Now I am showing -112 k, so I would apparently be able to spend my way out of the hole......

But should I have to do that? Points don't grow on trees ya know....

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
'the bug' doesn't seem to be fixed, I added 10k more with points and it says I have 110K of space to use but I can't even get anything to upload at all (even a 20k file) with out it saying to delete something when I have nothing at all uploaded into ATS. I'm having to use a different storage site to host my avatar pic.

But also, can anyone tell me how to add a pic file to the 'signature' area? Doing a search don't give results on 'how to' it only tells of whats allowed. Adding a file url and hitting save re-edits the file url info thats typed in, thus making the signature pic not show. Tried it many times and after hitting save the signature code always gets changed so it wont display anything for me. I am wanting to place a banner type pic that is clickable to a url and no matter what I do my typed in text gets altered after hitting save. Yes the banner is in the correct dimensions so I can't figure this one out.

Any help appreciated on setting up a 'signature' welcomed.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There was a Windows-only bug with the upload form that I was unable to replicate until I *gasp* polluted my Mac with Windows XP.

The upload issues should be resolved at this point.

<< 1   >>

join