It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Planet are our Judges From?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
How can this happen?

Keith Fenn removes her clothes and rapes her.
Darren Wright takes her home and assaults her.

Keith Fenn will be free in 8 weeks.
Darren Wright is free already.

The girl was 10.

Judge Julian Hall said this was most difficult decision he had ever made but she looked 16 and was dressed provocatively.

This is the same judge that told a paedophile to buy his victim a bike.

If Judge Julian Hall has no problems with sex offenders that actually says so much about him and his attitudes. It’s not the law at fault here. It’s him. Maybe he thinks of little girls as sex objects too if he finds nothing wrong with it.

If his wife were mugged and battered would he accept the defence that “she looked rich” ? I doubt it, but why not?

No-one had the right to do that regardless of how a girl was or was not dressed. For them to do that renders them beneath contempt but for someone to say that it was okay just legitimised that behaviour for all other sex offenders and those that will hope he presides over their trial.

The sentences should be hugely increased - they have taken something away from the rest of her life - but Judge Julian Hall should be sacked.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This isn't the first time this judge has come up with a absurd sentance.

A man was in court in front of this judge recently, he was accused of putting his hands down a childs knickers. Sentence - buy her a bike to cheer her up.

I think this judges motives need to be investigated...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sorry, you already stated that in your first post, my apologies.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
Sorry, you already stated that in your first post, my apologies.

No problem, thanks for your input and opinion.

Here's another judge
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/06/14/njudge114.xml

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is this what a public school education does to some people?

Our judges are an outrage - this is just a form of nepotism

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
As a side note..

I phoned a radio talk show about this on Monday, i made the point that this mans history and motives need to be looked into, as well as any other cases (like this) he may have had an input on. I also said he should be suspended from dealing with sex offences until he's been investigated. I was cut off live on air, the station rang me back and apologised for cutting me off (which surprised me, nice all the same tho), they said they had to because i couldn't say these things live on air....

Seemed abit odd to me but i respected their decision.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Origin Unknown
As a side note..

I phoned a radio talk show about this on Monday, i made the point that this mans history and motives need to be looked into, as well as any other cases (like this) he may have had an input on. I also said he should be suspended from dealing with sex offences until he's been investigated. I was cut off live on air, the station rang me back and apologised for cutting me off (which surprised me, nice all the same tho), they said they had to because i couldn't say these things live on air....

Seemed abit odd to me but i respected their decision.

Well, he is a judge, and they were probably just being careful about libel/slander - sorry, don't know quite which one it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
And just to add more.............

The case of a judge at the country court in Gloucester several years ago who fell asleep (claims he was listerning with his eyes closed) and meant a re-trial at tax payers expense. We should have taking the costs of this second trial from his salary. And judges are not poorly paid.

That said, how can we ensure that judges have a greater grip on the real world.

Firstly, open up who can to appointed a judge. Today judges are appointed from the current crop of Queen Counsel (QCs). Nearly all of them have gone to public school and one of the tradition universities, then become a barrister via one of the inns of court.

Should judges be elected by the communities they serve? Not sure on this as this would mean judges passing sentences based on getting re-elected rather than the facts of the case.

For many offences, there are guidelines laid down for sentencing which I agree with.

what seems to be missing, is public accountability for judges on the decisions they make and when was the last time we heard of a judge been fired for poor performance. O Yes, becoming a Lord!!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You know, I really hate the old school tie BS that still goes on in this country, although it's not as bad as it used to be.

Anyway, here's another example:
newsvote.bbc.co.uk...

To be honest, we could post hundreds of these and still get nowhere - you're right, judges need some kind of public accountability.

new topics

top topics

join