It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just to update this thread also

here in London Park lane has just been closed of as well due to another car there a little worried about.

More on that as it comes,

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
atleast the government isn't crying blue murder..

like Blair did

God bless Gordon!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They seemed to have stopped a tourist bus on Park Lane. No news yet about why they've stopped it.
edited to add that they've also closed Oxford St in the last few minutes.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. Just the excuse I need to slide of home early. I think we can all expect a few days of this sort of thing; road closures, public transport delays etc. I think the clear intention was to try and make a statement on the first day of a new PM and cabinet.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
edited to add that they've also closed Oxford St in the last few minutes.

really?

one has not heard that information

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think if this was Iran or Al-Q, yall had better go find out what they are tring to make you look a way from. They might be getting yall to look for this guy and while your not paying attention, they have the real bomb go off.

I actually lean more to gang related. maybe the owner owed some "protection" money...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Please everyone be careful and be aware of everything around you.

They just said that it wouldn't hurt for the people here in the USA also to be aware of there surroundings.

Hyde Park being evacuated

[edit on 29-6-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Please everyone be careful and be aware of everything around you.

They just said that it wouldn't hurt for the people here in the USA also to be aware of there surroundings.

It pays to always be aware here in America, especially nowadays.

Be safe everyone and watch your back!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
yea i heard the vechile was backed with petrol and gas cans and had nails so if it was to detonate there would of been mass cassualties from the large explosion plus the flying nails as debree killing more people.

im not sure if this is correct but i heard that a man was seen working away from the vechile, it is most likely a al qaeda cell.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If this was Al Qaeda, there is another bomb out there waiting to go off. Al Qaeda does not just set off one bomb at a time. Their trademark is to really have a coordinated attack from more than one device or front.

This is either home grown or its just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm going for home grown amateur as a publicity stunt. But I could be wrong just a guess.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319
If this was Al Qaeda, there is another bomb out there waiting to go off. Al Qaeda does not just set off one bomb at a time. Their trademark is to really have a coordinated attack from more than one device or front.

This is either home grown or its just the tip of the iceberg.

i dont think home grown because mi5 would have had intell on them like all the others found out because they would have had to purchase the petrol in large quantitys and the gas which would of made it suspiciouse and they would have been court, maybe its a decoy to put police on alert to that car but really the real bomb is osme were else but that could be bogus

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It just seams sloppy and has the feel of an amateur. The guy wrecked the car and then bailed out?

Either he was nervous and freaked out and ran or it was a total publicity stunt to cause chaos in the news this morning.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
It just seams sloppy and has the feel of an amateur. The guy wrecked the car and then bailed out?

Either he was nervous and freaked out and ran or it was a total publicity stunt to cause chaos in the news this morning.

yea i suppose it could be that but its funny it comes straight after the new british primeminster comae to office yesterday

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You people really do have incredibly fertile imaginations.

But tell me, why do you people always jump to the worst case scenarios instead of going for the most obvious answers.

Carrying gas bottles and petrol in a car isnt unusual at all.
If my car was searched now, I have a gas bottle, a Gallon of petrol and as I said earlier LOADS of nails everywhere due to a broken packet from B&Q

Dont jump to bizarre assumptions, wait untill the explanations come out and I suspect there will be a simple answer to it all.
At no time has anyone in authority said the word 'Bomb' simply a 'viable explosive device' which is what I suspect the back of my car could be called

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think the fact that he was swerving erratically for some time before he hit the garbage cans and was off on his toes is pretty telling. Ruling out the possibility he was drunk then why is guy designated 'Driver' doing that?
Especially when he knows he's got 60 odd liters plus fuel tank oh and some gas cylinders, even if it wasn't rigged to blow you'd try and drive slow and steady wouldn't you?

the night before...

leader: so who will be the driver

goon 1: What about shaky hands Jo?

leader: excellent! next item...

[edit on 29-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
FOX is saying they're sending a robot to look at a suspicious package on the bus, and they've somehow linked the bus to the car with the bomb (no details though).

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i doubt very much anyone would be put on a watch list because they bought some petrol or bottled gas...

Im not sure about the time this was supposed to go off, 2 am is a bit random? i think it was ment to go off alot later on during the day and with all these people on control orders escaping i would put money on it was something to do with them.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So much speculation, so little evidence of anything substantial.
Everybody immediately starts jumping at shadows once the press get going. I love the "experts" they wheel out who sit there stating the bleedin' obvious or speculating as to who might be behind it all and what it might mean, all without any knowledge of what is actually going on.

As of now there is still no proof that this was a bomb at all, just a car with some nails on the floor and seats, a couple of gas canisters and petrol. With the scaremongering comes the scared public reporting every "suspicious" looking person and vehicle they see. Suspicions garnered by the endless speculation on the part of the media who revel in this sort of thing.

It's actually quite amusing to see everyone running scared and talking up what, as of now, is not even a confirmed terrorist event

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
You people really do have incredibly fertile imaginations.

But tell me, why do you people always jump to the worst case scenarios instead of going for the most obvious answers.

Carrying gas bottles and petrol in a car isnt unusual at all.
If my car was searched now, I have a gas bottle, a Gallon of petrol and as I said earlier LOADS of nails everywhere due to a broken packet from B&Q

i suppose your right we jump to conclusions but if its a muslim who ownes that car then he would be arrested straight away even if he was no terrorist if he was white he would only have been proberly questioned if that

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join