It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DATA from Star Trek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This android reminds me a bit of him, the face is extremely life like but I am not to thrilled with his english accent.

www.liveleak.com...

Notice how they leave the access panel open in the back of his head

Edit to add: www.hansonrobotics.com for more info

[edit on 28-6-2007 by tnt3kgt]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Notice how he wants to help the worlds problems.. wow thats just creepy. But yet fascinating the detail of his expressions. I hesitate to want to know whats coming..what if one of these things goes rogue like #5 is alive style and takes over the worlds computers..hyjacking humanity?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I remember that movie, "Beautiful Stephanie" I just watched it about a month ago with the kids (first time for them) and they loved it!

I guess we will have to wait for some electrical surge or lightning strike to animate one of these androids and give them a concious....

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The benefits of even having just an animated head would be enormous come the time mankind makes the trip to Mars...an AI intelligence that could run the functions of the ship, and at the same time be a close-to-life humanoid-interface companion to the crew on the 18month flight.

Although I did get shivers down my spine when Jules asks "...Tell me, will I dream when I am turned off?" I expected him to start singing 'Daisy, Daisy' as they flipped the switch.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Im going to be the first to say there is something very fake about this.
First there is no way he was thinking up all that stuff to say. And im not even sure it real. Somethings wrong here for sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wonder too how scripted the answers were as you can see a laptop in the background possibly with pre-written lines of code and they are playing it out as a "skit" (or perhaps not)...

Here is another female robot, she makes some pretty good faces
but her voice and personality arent as good as the first robot.

www.liveleak.com...

Notice her name is Eva kinda like Eve of Adam and Eve I wonder if her inventor/creator invisions her as the first bionic woman/android to start a new race

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A talking Bobble-head. Cool.
Watching it go through his range of emotions was priceless.

I'm waiting for the day I can get one to go to work for me so I can have more time for ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Notice how he wants to help the worlds problems.. wow thats just creepy. ... what if one of these things goes rogue like #5 is alive style and takes over the worlds computers..hyjacking humanity?

On a more serious note;
It won't be long before their programmed to lie and steal and cheat ......Created in Mans image after all. The day will come when one is designed to crave power and self determination. I wonder how it will view his creator then?

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am really impressed. Even though there could have been some "help" given to Jules, this is still an event. The range of facial movements, and the fluid way that he used them, was a big step forward.

I am sure that in my lifetime robotics will move into a much higher state.

True AI may be some ways off, but it seems as if it is only a matter of time.

While we have not yet settled many issues that humans are faced with, we are already on the verge of bringing into existence other life forms. The question must be, are we ready to be gods?

[edit on 3-7-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I personally think the animatronics at Disney World are more realistic.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
OK, that was a little weird.
I'm sure in the very near future you'll see life-like robots doing some shopping or assisting people with other tasks.

It may be a bit strange at first, but the day will come that you won't be able to tell if that guy in line at the store, or passing you on the street is human or robot.

All hail our new robot overlords.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by My Sock Puppet
OK, that was a little weird.
I'm sure in the very near future you'll see life-like robots doing some shopping or assisting people with other tasks.

It may be a bit strange at first, but the day will come that you won't be able to tell if that guy in line at the store, or passing you on the street is human or robot.

All hail our new robot overlords.

No, I'm pretty sure you will. They'll invent small detectors. I bet robot-smashing will become a popular new crime.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
True AI may be some ways off, but it seems as if it is only a matter of time.

It's not as far off as you think. In less than 200 years, we will have created a machine with something so much like living sentience you couldn't call it anything else. And in only 500 years? Who knows?

While we have not yet settled many issues that humans are faced with, we are already on the verge of bringing into existence other life forms. The question must be, are we ready to be gods?

The real question is, "Are we ready to be extinct?" If we manage to survive not destroying ourselves through aggression soon, then we will do ourselves in by being so damned smart and clever. Humanity is a transitional species. Our intelligent mechanical offspring will naturally take our places on the ships we send to the stars, since we weak, silly meatbags would never survive the trip. We'll be lucky if any human makes it to Mars alive. We know very little about how deep space will affect the human body, and what we know so far isn't good. Space outside a comfy magnetic field and atmosphere is a very, very nasty environment.

Don't worry about the cybermen killing us "for our own good," though, like in some bad sci-fi story. We're also working on manipulating our own DNA, which we will be unable to resist tampering with. So in a few short generations, rather than people getting tattoos or nose rings to ornament themselves, they'll give themselves dragonfly wings or scales or any number of thousands of augmentations. The result? Bye-bye humanity as we've known it.

How long? The way things are going, if we last another mere 5,000 years (a blink of an eye in planetary timeline terms), it will be very surprising.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful, just think where we will be in another ten yrs. I myself want one. I think it would be cool, to take one with me, to help with my work. But I guess that's why these guys are building these A.I.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If thats real it's as creepy as a pants full of eels. I think CGI. Surely. Human actor, routine with sound and CGI.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
If thats real it's as creepy as a pants full of eels. I think CGI. Surely. Human actor, routine with sound and CGI.

Let me get this straight... you think the android is cgi?

I'm telling you its only a matter of time before we end up with this...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Somebody, get a stick! Kill it! That thing is fkn evil man! (makes the sign of a cross) CREEEEEEPPPYYYYYY

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What she miss is EPIC Architecture for Cognition and Performance with Application to Human-Computer from our goverment.

EPIC processor

stinet.dtic.mil...

[edit on 8-7-2007 by B3...]

new topics

top topics

join