It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How 2012 Actually Saved A Person's Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is a long story in real life,
but I will condense it here...

Someone I know was depressed,
oh, about a year ago now...

He has abused drugs, hurt people, got into debt,
got fired from his job, lost sight of God, was ahedonic- not able to have
fun or pleasure, and, with classic depression, he lost interest in sex
with a woman who loved him, then he lost interest in, well, his interests, and finally, he really lost interest in life... and the downward spiral suddenly halted at rock botton. He was close to dying, spiritually and then for real. He started to consider suicide in 'theroretical' terms- the stage before you reach the point where you plan the date, location, method and actually write the suicide note... in short, this guy was hating it (his Dad was in jail, and of course this man had a ton of personal problems, in general).

Anyway...

This guy was at DefCon 1 and by chance or by the unseen hand of God, he found a book by Terence McKenna about 2012.

He reads it.

He supplements reading the book with vast Internet research.

Within a few months, he has read over a 1,000,000 words on the subject of 2012. He has, without particularly setting out to do so, become an expert on 2012.

This does not save his life, this expertise or research.

But what does is this moment:

Talking to his Mom one day while she was in Florida was 2012 in general, as well as how he was feeling- how depressed that day. This guy was open with his Mom. Anyway- she makes an offhand remark- all she ever did in regards to commentary about 2012- she couldn't care less about the subject, and naturally thought her son was unheathfully obsessed.

But this day, she said something, well, pretty straihtforward and obvious in terms of observations, but nonetheless, it changed this dude's life.

What was it?

She said, "Well _____, you shouldn't be so depressed about a long life ahead of you filled with the same- or greater- pain you now experience daily... after alll- you think the world is going to end- or change greatly- in 5 years. So why take anything too seriously, and why not live each day like it is your last, because, well, it kind of is."

And that was it- 2012 as self-help.

See, the idea of 2012 liberates all of us. It is either the end- or a radical change- or, nothing will happen (likely, of course) B U T we all will get a sort of "Second" chance in all our lives, I think... in a great way. It will be like a new start. That's just my view... back to finishing the story.

This guy was changed by this insight- by defining an end to his perceived pain- he pain was alleviated, and he was freed by the perception of change in the near future.

Now, will he slip back into a rut if and when 2012 turns out to be a bust?

Time will tell.

But like I said- even if nothing come to pass, it could be, for those who want it, a fresh start (spiritually) for all of us.

So... maybe this guy is nuts, but I kind of like the idea of 2012 sort of like a NEAR-DEATH experiece, bringing us CLOSER to the beauty of life and reality.

Sorry to bore you, if you were not satisfied with this story- but I felt inspired by this guy's transformation... does anyone else feel inspired by the notion of a seismic spirtual change in 2012?

TPM
HDF

PS Like the new font...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
One thing I forgot to mention is what actually occured
once he heard the insight and changed his perspective
about living in the moment...

Over the course of only about 4 weeks, he changed his life.

He started walking, exercising.

He applied for jobs, and got one after about 6 weeks of looking,
a good job.

He stopped using drugs, weaning the 2 weeks after the insight.

He started talking slower- not lying- stopped eating fast food and other
crap that is not good for you... he meditated, did yoga.

Over a month, he REPLACED habit with habit. Drugs for exercise. Lies for honesty. Degradation for health. He replaced real phyical habits, and thus, changed his life.

But it was his spirit, his outlook that had changed.

He was living for the day, because he thought his pain would end ina few years with the Biog End or the Big Change. But the fact is- he changed immediately- the contemplation of the future transformation was the causation for the transformation itself.

2012 made him live for TODAY.

Even if NOTHING happens, we all can USE this prophecy and prediction for our own betterment... as I said, I see it as a fresh start for everyone.

Thanks for hearing this story.

How does 2012 impact you? Change any perceptions or values?

TPM
HDF

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yea thats a real good thread you got there. I think that some ppl have taken this sort of 2012 ordeal to that measure. And even though i havnt, it is a pretty good self-help thing! Seriously, to know the time and date the world may end (Dec. 21 , 2012 or w/e it is) can really hit hard to home to some ppl and take it seriously like that. All i can say is good for them.

What i am waiting for 2012 is to see waht really is going to happen, and i am living my life the way i want to , not so concerend about 2012 (though i am planning what to buy and such when the time comes!)

PS, if the 2012 scenario is merely another normal day, whats gonna happen to those who's lives were changed because of it? Look for another date or something?!?!? Seriously! thats the real question here!

Anywayz, good thread here OP

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I hope that with your friend being such a expert on 2012 that he probably understands that nothing at all may happen and be able to carry on with his new zest for life regardless.

I think something is on the cards myself but if not then who cares at least life carries on.

I congratulate your friend and if nothing happens i hope he now has the sense to see past that and carry on with his new happiness

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
2012 will breez by like y2k..and your friend will be hard pressed to guess how monsanto spliced the american negro larceney gene into the soy bean shipments to china and they come up consistantly short!...hell he might even find out that malt liquar is better than jesuse.....i did and it changed my life...now i belive in the thermite fairy!...and 7-7-07 passed with my lucky grab @ a boss ps-3 effects pedal for my violin...god is good and allha is a woman.. who can dispute me on that?????

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
come on...im waiting....

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OK people, gimme a break for minute. I am working hard and all, but i can't fix everything by myself, so you will need to help me when some of the projects start to expand. Changes you will see in next years happen maybe every 2000 or 3000 years when civilization develops.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day,
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town,
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain,
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you,
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking,
And racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in the relative way, but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time,
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way,
The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say.

Home, home again,
I like to be here when I can.
And when I come home cold and tired,
Its good to warm my bones beside the fire.
Far away across the field,
The tolling of the iron bell.
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Provided 'ex' tags and a link

[edit on 8/7/07 by masqua]

Thanks masqua

[edit on 8/7/07 by Chupa101]

new topics

top topics

join