It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm desperate to see more of these images, this slow leak is killing me and the Isaaccaret website has didly squat new information, how long ago was when Isaac set up his website with Fortune City? Seems like ages ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Housekeeping...

This is an "ATS Big Thread", off topic, rude, or otherwise useless posts get deleted.

"roadgravel's" post was accidentally "removed" (the damn "quote button" is too close to the "delete button" in my admin console) the post after it was someone flaming "roadgravel" for bringing that particular image up and since it was a flame, got deleted.

A few minutes ago I deleted "pjsulg's" post asking about deleted posts.

If you read the top of any page in this (or any thread with >25 replies) thread you will see the directive clearly stated.

Now back to the business at hand...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Aww Springer, you're getting old mate, get some glasses on

-----

That last drone pic is really freaky, there is a HUGE quantity of mishaps if you ask me.

Looking at the other side of the pic also shows some wire that seems to be sticking out over some of the others as well as the WTF side:

firekingdom.com...

AND...

i113.photobucket.com...

Look at the right side, where the 'Statue 'O Liberty' bit is. There is a weird (seems like someone forgot to texture it to me, but I could be wrong, it could just be a bad reflection) ring INSIDE the main textured ring. If you follow it around it seems to be linking at least one of the 'thorns' to the main ring. It doesn't seem to fit properly with the rest of the picture, like the weirdness that is apparent on the 'egg beater' top. It actually looks like its about to fall off tbh and it looks like it should stick out slightly on the other side (North when looking at that ring straight if you will).

I don't want to have to ask this, but are we sure this is the same as the original picture? If so, this REALLY isn't doing the creator any favours, it looks terribly sloppy. There's SOOO much wrong with this picture its funny.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
EJ, I concur. I think the high res photo cinches the cg argument. Look closely at the darkened center of the craft. As for chromatic aberration, I can't null it out in CS2 with the lens filter. To me, it looks more like fringing artifacts from HDRI rendering.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
From the very beginning I thought the basket/cage shaped part was the most unrealistic part of the pictures. Some of it appears to be the same or nearly same color to the sky. Makes me think back to 11 11 taking about using a color the same as the sky for the lighting in the rendering of objects. I would have thought that leaving that part of the drone with that look would seen suspicious and would require improvement. Maybe the person thought that it makes it look more unearthly.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok, now I get it, the “Diagram” in its entirety becomes the symbol that contains the program, that’s why it’s in its simple form on the Chad and Raj drones
Isaac's with the Big Basin gang LOL!

This really messes with my who’s in cahoots with whom theory, now Isaac got a part from the raj drone and symbols from the ty drone

[edit on 20-7-2007 by moonking]
I given it some thought and I’m still going with the two separate hoax theory only now Isaac is they copy cat
Only reason I thought Isaac was with the first hoax was because of the “liberty spiked headband” for the Rajman drone, but awhile back I was wondering why that scan of those parts look so bad when they could have made it look so much better, what could they be trying to hide, Now I’m thinking it’s because they didn’t have the wire frame to render for the raj part and got lazy and they just cut and pasted it and made a real crappy scan of it

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think you'll find that rather than that being a "crappy" scan, it is decent enough scan of a photocopy of printed material. The poor resolution is consistent with a fairly coarse (something in the order of 120 lpi (lines per inch) single colour) PostScript print. All the pages from the report that feature images have this same half-tone.

Ironically, and I challenge anybody who disagrees to create a "report" style page from one of the Chad or Raj drone pics, it is actually harder to mimic printed material in Photoshop than it is photo-realistic images. Photoshop's half-tone screen filter is not up to the job, in my opinion, but there may be plug-ins available that make a better fist of it.

I don't know if anybody remembers a couple of Director based web games called The Cypher and Spite, but I worked on those with the creator, Ted Evans, and both featured newsprint-style images quite extensively. At screen resolution (72 dpi) we got away with it, but even at the working res of 144 dpi you could see Photoshop's half-tone screen had been used. As it isn't (wasn't) a particularly popular effect, I don't think it ever got improved upon very much from version 3.1 up to now.

Suffice to say that if the rest of the CARET images are renders then that page is too, I'll stick my neck out and say that there's no way that is a cut and paste from the Chad drone. Its just a shame Isaac never smuggled out the original of that image.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually that blow-up Moon did makes me think back to some of these being models. As I said before, one of my hobbies is scale modelling, and I generally maintain a good library of weird fonts for printing off for making decals.

Anyone who's ever applied decals knows that you get a strange effect where the clear film meets a surface when you take a picture *unless you are experienced and use decal softener* - almost the exact same 'reflective circle' effect that is clear on Moon's blow-up of the 'Isaac' document swirly thing on the drone. I'd say its hard to tell either way, it LOOKS more CGI, but that's not to say someone didn't do it half and half, some of its model, some of its CGI.

I'm also of the opinion that Isaac isn't part of the original sighting hoax, that he came late to the party, which is why the gravity generator doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the pictures. Perhaps Isaac is the hoaxer who's made the later pictures since someone said they thought they noticed the generator inside the metal cage. Perhaps these are two originally unlrelated hoaxers trying to best one another?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
pjslug, you're right. My last post from last night is gone.

I was commenting on how the hardly reviewed tripod drone picture looks like a point in the evolution of the drones. It has a second round feature like Big Basin but similar spikes to the early drones. I had wondered if this is a group effort and the group considered it too low a quality. Having been nixed the artist released it to ufocasebook on his own. Also it makes the drones appear terrestrial because of the tripod.

Yes, and I responded how it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the tripod photo is fake. I'm not sure why people are still bringing this up. If people could do the research first in this thread please before posting it would be appreciated. The drone in that photo was CGI and was one of saladfingers CGI drones that was in his recreation video. You can tell easily by the descended loop on the CGI craft. And look at the tripod again. The top is a white bleach bottle with a blue cap.

[edit on 7/20/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, pj, there is also the probability that the other drones are fakes also. It may or may not have anything to do with the others, the high percentages say No. Who really knows at this point.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonking
This really messes with my who’s in cahoots with whom theory, now Isaac got a part from the raj drone and symbols from the ty drone

I given it some thought and I’m still going with the two separate hoax theory only now Isaac is they copy cat
Only reason I thought Isaac was with the first hoax was because of the “liberty spiked headband” for the Rajman drone, but awhile back I was wondering why that scan of those parts look so bad when they could have made it look so much better, what could they be trying to hide, Now I’m thinking it’s because they didn’t have the wire frame to render for the raj part and got lazy and they just cut and pasted it and made a real crappy scan of it

That theory is sort of pushing it, don't you think? Two seperate hoaxes is very unlikely. If one person was trying to start a hoax on the previous hoax, wouldn't it be more likely that the original hoaxer would come out and say "HE'S HOAXING ME!" and his version is fake? I would think a hoaxer would want the sole credit. Hoaxers do it for attention. I'm sure he/she/they wouldn't want to share it.

Also, in regards to the "Decals" on the craft, the patterns are not the same as the linguistic analysis primer. The object on the inside of the black circle is different from the CARET report primer. The size of the circles in relation to the ones on the primer are different as well. With regards to the "white halo" around the "Decals", what's to say it isn't just a photographic anomale like the "white halo" above the spires on the craft? Or perhaps it could be some sort of reaction to the craft's holographic substrate. Perhaps it is "turned on" or activated which might make that section brighten up. And that's interesting because some of the letters on the I-beam pieces next to the floating generator in the CARET report seem to be glowing brighter than the others.

[edit on 7/21/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You'll have to take into account that the image is overexposed when you consider the halos and such.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

Two seperate hoaxes is very unlikely. If one person was trying to start a hoax on the previous hoax, wouldn't it be more likely that the original hoaxer would come out and say "HE'S HOAXING ME!"

Also, in regards to the "Decals" on the craft, the patterns are not the same as the linguistic analysis primer. The object on the inside of the black circle is different from the CARET report primer. The size of the circles in relation to the ones on the primer are different as well. [edit on 7/21/2007 by pjslug]

I think that two hoaxes is not that far off base given that the big basin drone just has a look and feel that’s different from the Chad and raj drone (as pointed out in an earlier post) I don’t think one group would necessarily rat out the other, In fact I could see the first group admiring the “snow ball” effect they had started

As far as me comparing the pattern on the big basin drone to the linguistic analysis primer, it has nothing to do with those being an exact match,
But me coming to a realization on what Isaac meant when he said “. I worked with these symbols more than anything during my time at PACL, and recognized them the moment I saw them in the photos. They appear in a very simple form on Chad’s craft, but appear in the more complex diagram form on the underside of the Big Basin craft as well. Both are unmistakable, even at the small size of the Big Basin photos”

Like a dummy, I just didn’t get what he was saying and kept looking for letters that resembled the letters on Chad and Raj the whole time wondering what he meant when he said “They appear in a very simple form on Chad’s craft, but appear in the more complex diagram form on the underside of the Big Basin craft as well”
Then it hit me like a ton of bricks “more complex diagram form” the whole diagram itself is what Isaac recognized
Now mind you ,the “hi res” scan of the big basin released 2 days ago , is the only photo yet that I could really make out one of these “complex diagram” now that I see it, I sort of make it out on the first ty scans but barely ,
If I’m right and Issac and Ty are the same, Imagine the frustration he had when LMH from earthfiles only release those “lo-res” scans

edit , Just wanted to add that I was thinking the “linguistic analysis primer” was a schematic of some alien artifact
Now I realized it’s suppose to be a completed “Magical language program” with a function .Just slap that baby on a piece of alein mateiral and look out !

[edit on 21-7-2007 by moonking]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Probably the last I’ll touch on this aspect of it and to give my reason and line of thinking for going down this path.
The image I’ll link here is why I think Isaac seemed to have inside info on the Ty drone
Given the “low-res” Ty pictures that were out at the time when Isaac made his post, I still find it interesting that Isaac could make out the “complex diagram”, not impossible I guess

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think on the "bigbasin1.jpg" from the site i gave you, while you can not make out individual symbols, it is good enough to recognize it as a whole for someone who allegedly had extensive experience with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
this last picture bothers me

theres a few things i find somewhat odd;

the tri-pod looking device seems to not be on the ground. it's got some arms with 'feet' but the feet are too visible. i'd expect the feet to be flat. at least thin, circular shapes. the only way it could be plausible to my mind is if they were cylinders, and that just seems unecessary in addition to the fact that the higher the feet (if cylinder shaped) the less stability they'll give. if an alien is going to build something highly advanced, why screw that up?

for some reason the colors aren't right. it's like in a comic where the artist put a lot of detail and time into creating the leading object, and failed to invest the same time in the rest, thus (sub-)conciously increasing the focus on his object. there's too much contrast in it, i think, but i can't quite put my finger on it.

what the hell was this photographer doing there? these days, noone goes out into the middle of nowhere for no reason. there are either mountains, lakes or something else there. anything other than nothing. I assume theres nothing to do there based on the picture. If thats true, then this dude must have been out because he had a sense of adventure and a clear agenda. If that is the case then where's that sense of adventure when it comes to walking up and taking some good close-ups? this picture is like a friggin holiday snapshot of 'that place you ran into and quickly drove away from again' because there was nothing to do and see. The picture was taken by someone who shows too little interest in something mindboggling.

last; the angle of perspective is strange. It seems the photographer is on level with the general area of the top half as there isn't any depth in that, just shadows (Incidentely; why does the 'pod' have such deep shadows on the right side of it, and why doesn't any other object in the photo have that same angle of shadow?). Now if that was the case, then the hinges where the feet/arms connect to the main body would show some perspective (which, if at all, they only barely do). The left and right arms/feet would be connected higher than the hinge in the forefront, yet it looks like the right hinge is lowest, middle is middle and left is highest. Seems wrong, seems like the angle would be correct if the photographer would have been a lot smaller than the object..

Anyway, im not screaming hoax or true. I'd like to think that if anything Isaac is
correct and has a real strange idea about staying anonymous (given the amount of
details he decribed in his report).

If it is a hoax;
- Then i hope he is at least cool enough to strike a deal and write a book given the entertainment value of the few pages he wrote.
- Also, as a graphic designer, i would like to nominate whoever designed the symbols/'language' for a pat on the shoulder, nice work!

My two (inflated) euro cents. Carry on..

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Shadowfax, the picture you question above was created by member of another forum and has never been presented as a "real" image. It's a CGI study.

Springer...

[edit on 7-21-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Shadowfax, the picture you question above was created by member of another forum and has never been presented as a "real" image. It's a CGI study.

Springer...

[edit on 7-21-2007 by Springer]

well mate,

then i did good right!! haha

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by casketizer
I think on the "bigbasin1.jpg" from the site i gave you, while you can not make out individual symbols, it is good enough to recognize it as a whole for someone who allegedly had extensive experience with it.

I’m not saying it’s not possible and I’m not saying I have extensive experience with it, But I’ve got those diagram embedded in my brain and went over those big basin pic’s many times because of what Isaac said and never made the connection, please correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve not heard of anyone pointing out that “there’s something that looks similar to Isaac’s Linguistic Analysis Primer on the big basin drones”
Isaac say’s “Both are unmistakable, even at the small size of the Big Basin photos”
Unmistakable is only the word I would use only after I saw the hi-res image

This includes the big basin from the full size png image from the link you gave me and all 3 crops are relative to their size so you can blow them up and see if you would make the connection . Maybe you can ,for some reason I couldn't

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I agree with MoonKing on this "low res" image vs "high res" image point relative to the diagrams. I seriously doubt anyone could have identified those smudges in the low res version as the CARET Diagrams, not a single person out of the hundreds (thousands?) discussing these images on many websites ever said, "Wow! The CARET diagrams are on the Big Basin Drones!" or anything close to that.

I think it is VERY TELLING that "Isaac" knew they were there several weeks before the high res images were made public.

Springer...

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join